New "New Year's Indie Royale" bundle up for pre-orders!

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JoeyRavn

A new mystery bundle from the folks at Indie Royale is now available for pre-orders. Basically, you pay a minimum of $3.99 (or more, if you're feeling generous) and you get 4 indie games and a chiptune album when the bundle is released. The catch is that you don't know what game's you'll be getting, but if previous Indie Royale and similar bundles are of any indication, they're probably gonna be pretty sweet games. Besides, $4/€3 is not that much and you're supporting one of the most prolific sectors of the gaming industry.

You can now blind pre-order Indie Royale's New Year's Bundle - which includes PC and Mac versions of all games - at a recommended €/£/$5 to €/£/$10 USD contribution, and a minimum of $3.99 USD.
The titles to be offered will include a premium blend of FPS and RTS (Steam for PC and Mac), an innovative single-player puzzle game (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download), an award-winning 2D platformer (Steam for PC and Mac, plus an enhanced version for Desura PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download) and a world premiere on PC/Mac for an acclaimed arcade shooter with a twist (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download).
Those who optionally pre-order now will get game access as soon as the bundle launches, lock in their price, and receive as a bonus George & Jonathan's raved-about electronic chiptune funk album 'Beautiful Lifestyle' (this bonus is also available to those who pay more than the minimum price during the bundle.)

Go grab yours at www.indieroyale.com

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Grumbel

Am I the only one that find it weird that the blind preorder is more expensive then actually buying the bundle normally when it comes out?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Holy crap that website crashed my browser for near 20 seconds. 

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Bocam

@Grumbel: No, I do too.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By amomjc

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Holy crap that website crashed my browser for near 20 seconds.

LOL me too!

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By emergency

@Grumbel said:

Am I the only one that find it weird that the blind preorder is more expensive then actually buying the bundle normally when it comes out?

Yeah, this is annoying. :P

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By EightBitShik

I'll pass on the whole blind thing as big of a fan as I am on a deal I don't want it to be 4 games I already own. I had games I already owned with the humble bundle and I was not able to gift them and I wish I could. I don't know if it's because it was part of a package and they didn't want you to trade them one on one or what.

mtosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mtosh

I still don't like the idea of Indie Royale...

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JoeyRavn

@mtosh said:

I still don't like the idea of Indie Royale...

It's surely eclipsed by the Humble Indie Bundle, of course, but the first one was pretty good. Gemini Rue, ARES: Extinction Agenda and Sanctum with all the DLC.

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By moncole

None of those games interests me.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Pepsiman

@emergency said:

@Grumbel said:

The idea behind that price point is that you're guaranteed to get the games for that amount before the bundle comes out. It might be more than you could potentially pay if you bought the bundle right as it was immediately released, but if you ever watch an Indie Royale bundle as it's progressing, rarely, if ever, does the price dip back down to that preorder level because most people pay the minimum amount and just keep bumping it up.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grumbel
@Pepsiman said:

It might be more than you could potentially pay if you bought the bundle right as it was immediately released, but if you ever watch an Indie Royale bundle as it's progressing, rarely, if ever, does the price dip back down to that preorder level because most people pay the minimum amount and just keep bumping it up.

At least with the last two bundles the price did never reached the preorder price, it was always around 3€, while preorder was always the most expensive at 4€.
emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By emergency

@Pepsiman said:

@emergency said:

@Grumbel said:

The idea behind that price point is that you're guaranteed to get the games for that amount before the bundle comes out. It might be more than you could potentially pay if you bought the bundle right as it was immediately released, but if you ever watch an Indie Royale bundle as it's progressing, rarely, if ever, does the price dip back down to that preorder level because most people pay the minimum amount and just keep bumping it up.

meh... I guess. I do understand that, but I pre-ordered last bundle then was online within a few hours of it releasing and it was £1 cheaper. Didn't feel adequately rewarded for doing so.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By I_smell

I've never wanted to buy one o these things. I don't have enough time to play all the GOOD games that come out in the year, nevermind... Elf Squad 7.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Grumbel
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Hey I can finally get Dino D-Day, the Source Engine classic.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By zeforgotten

Another $50 bucks dropped on a blind pre-order. 
Being supportive is fun

oasis789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oasis789

I think I'll pass until I know what's in it

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points