New Random PC Game

jdunne3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First post so don't mind me, but Alex and Vinny doing new episodes of Random PC game seems too perfect. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this? I'm watching old episodes now and i think Vinny and Alex chemistry would be perfect for new ones

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By cornbredx

I don't have a problem with it in general, but Vinny may see that series as a Dave thing or whatever.

It was a great run of game play videos, but I don't think they'll be doing that again.

Who knows, though. They might. Or they'll do something else that's similar. I don't know. I don't know much of what their plan is for content beyond quick looks in the GBeast office.

jdunne3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: yeah i guess the big idea behind this post is what kind of content can come from GBeast, It has so much potential and I think a show like Random PC Game would fit them perfectly... Vinny seems to shine with terrible games

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Don't they already do this? lol

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#5 sgtsphynx  Moderator

As much as I miss Random PC Game, I would rather see a return of the GB Flight Club. It's too bad that the flight crew is split up as it is.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Speaking of Dave, let's just get Dave back for more Dave Fortress.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the perfect random PC game for Alex and Vinny would be SpyCraft, if anyone remembers that PC game from the '90s. The game is crazy, and it would be fun to watch them play through it, or just a bit of it.

beef_melody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beef_melody

@brandondryrock said:

I think the perfect random PC game for Alex and Vinny would be SpyCraft, if anyone remembers that PC game from the '90s. The game is crazy, and it would be fun to watch them play through it, or just a bit of it.

This came up as a game on UPF, very entertaining to watch :)

Edit: Actually it was played on two occasions here (at 1:17) and here (at 1:43). I musta blinked and missed the second stream.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Nah. RPCG was Vinny and Dave with the occasional guest/s. Vinny and Alex should think of their own premium content feature that suits them best.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JRM

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: Yep, it's pretty much every Vinny and Alex quick look. Those two dig up some random ass shit to look at, been good times so far!

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

The Dave Fortress videos are pretty boring. The only notable thing I can remember happening is Vinny realizing that there was a splash of water on a chicken's specific body part.

I'm a huge DF fan. Sunk at least a thousand hours into it. The most entertaining parts of DF is when a fortress is up and running and has at least a metalsmithing/weaponsmithing industry going and an active, trained military. Having a good amount of wealth makes things a lot more interesting too, on account of sieges, Megabeasts, etc. Watching somebody boot up a game of Dwarf Fortress and start digging out a trade depot isn't all that interesting because you're basically following a flow chart. It's only later that things get really interesting and you start to see people diverge from the flowchart stuff and start experimenting on their own. Obviously, all this stuff is thrown out the window if you embark in a terrifying area that may or may not rain poisonous blood - but that's not really recommended for beginners.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beef_melody: Oh damn I missed those! I'll have to check out those videos.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@456nto said:

@bollard said:

The Dave Fortress videos are pretty boring. The only notable thing I can remember happening is Vinny realizing that there was a splash of water on a chicken's specific body part.

I'm a huge DF fan. Sunk at least a thousand hours into it. The most entertaining parts of DF is when a fortress is up and running and has at least a metalsmithing/weaponsmithing industry going and an active, trained military. Having a good amount of wealth makes things a lot more interesting too, on account of sieges, Megabeasts, etc. Watching somebody boot up a game of Dwarf Fortress and start digging out a trade depot isn't all that interesting because you're basically following a flow chart. It's only later that things get really interesting and you start to see people diverge from the flowchart stuff and start experimenting on their own. Obviously, all this stuff is thrown out the window if you embark in a terrifying area that may or may not rain poisonous blood - but that's not really recommended for beginners.

I think you found the stream boring because you are a DF fan. As a complete newbie learning along with that stuff was super interesting, and got me to try it myself. I think a huge complex fortress would largely go over my (and the majority of the viewer's) heads, as we wouldn't get the nuances.

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@456nto said:

@bollard said:

I think you found the stream boring because you are a DF fan. As a complete newbie learning along with that stuff was super interesting, and got me to try it myself. I think a huge complex fortress would largely go over my (and the majority of the viewer's) heads, as we wouldn't get the nuances.

I hadn't really considered that perspective. If you're a total newbie and haven't learned anything about DF, Dave Fortress seems like a pretty good introduction. Sucks that Dave never made an introduction to EVE Online, he mentioned it a few times in podcasts if I remember correctly.

In any case, I don't think I'd want to see Random PC Game resurrected without Dave. Encyclopedia Bombastica kind of already serves the same purpose. I think Alex and Vinny have already done one concerning Mega Man 2.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#16  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

@456nto said:

In any case, I don't think I'd want to see Random PC Game resurrected without Dave.

With you 100% there. I just really miss Dave being present in GB content, hopefully he shows up for the BLLSL.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@456nto said:

@bollard said:

@456nto said:

@bollard said:

I hadn't really considered that perspective. If you're a total newbie and haven't learned anything about DF, Dave Fortress seems like a pretty good introduction. Sucks that Dave never made an introduction to EVE Online, he mentioned it a few times in podcasts if I remember correctly.

Yeah that would have been absolutely fantastic. Drew has also mentioned he wants to toy with EVE some time, so maybe that could one day happen!

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to see the Flight Club make a proper comeback.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8c7c6e043f
deactivated-5ed8c7c6e043f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about a Papa Vinny's FMV Masterpiece Theater?

jdunne3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about a Papa Vinny's FMV Masterpiece Theater?

This sounds perfect