Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hello all

With the upcoming releases of games like Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, and so many more I have started to fall onto the hype train. My issue is this, do I get the games on PC or Xbox 360?

This is an issue as I have recently got a HD-TV but ran out of Xbox Live. My 360 played up a couple of days ago but it seems fine so far so it could be a blip. On the other hand I could get the games on PC for £10 cheaper (the games cost £40 on 360 or £30 or lower on PC) on PC. However, I have an average system and may not get the best graphics on there, I have these specifications:

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 at 1.8GHz per core, 2 gigabytes of DDR(2) memory, nVidia Geforce 8600GT 256mb, Windows XP, onboard sound etc.

I can play Crysis in medium on this so the games are likely to work but the whole patching and compatibility is an issue.

I would need to spend £40 to get Live for 12 months and then the games thus to not make the 360 seem a waste of money long term and get some of the other major titles after completing the ones I get. Or, I could go with the PC but then some games I would miss for 360 as they are exclusive to it so far and if I get them that would require live for some of their best features.

Can you give me your thoughts on this, I will be getting 3 or 4 games at most depending on how this goes,

Thanks

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By uberpwner93

I would get them for the 360. But I'm a console gamer.

Avatar image for bewildered_ronin
Bewildered_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bewildered_Ronin

Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 might be a bit taxing on your PC and both are primarily single player games, so I'd say 360 for those. (FC2 does have MP, but I assume you're mostly interested in the SP part of that game) I've heard that the console version of Left 4 Dead is clunky and doesn't control very well, so I'd recommend getting that on the PC. That way you don't have to pay for a Live! subscription and you can still enjoy the other 2 more powerful games in all their glory. (or at least as good if not better than you could on your PC)

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Yit

All shooters on PC

everything else 360.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By xruntime

The only one that I would definitively get on PC is Left 4 Dead.

The other two are based on your preferences - people like me who think the PC is best for shooters will choose PC. If you value graphics, then go for the HDTV.

It's your decision, pretty much...

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

I would recommend Left 4 Dead for the PC...I've heard good things about it on 360, but it will always be a PC game first. The other two games will be fine on the 360 and you should get them for the 360 unless you plan on upgrading your PC.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Garfield360UK

The thing is I want to use the multiplayer on Far Cry 2 as well so I would need live if I got the 360 version.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JohnDudebro

The only one I'm considering is Fallout. My current PC isn't as powerful as my 360, but I don't want to miss out on mods like I did with Oblivion.

If it's got GFW Live achievements, that might tip me over the edge.
Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Bennyishere

I say go for the 360. Then again, I'd say that no matter how good your specs were...

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo

I'd recommend 360 depending on how many friends you have. To me it's just easier to hook-up and hang-out with friends on the Xbox.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush
Garfield360UK said:
"The thing is I want to use the multiplayer on Far Cry 2 as well so I would need live if I got the 360 version."
Now I sort of want to recommend everything for the PC if you're new to the 360, or at least XBL.
Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Garfield360UK

I am not sure what to do, it seems to me:

PC  plus points - Free content, cheaper, have friends play on them.
PC bad points - Compatability, no fully interegrated system like Live which is used in all games that my friends use, may need an upgrade next year.

360 plus points - live, friends use it, some exclusives at the moment the PC doesnt have for a while.
360 bad points - expensive compared to the PC versions of games, need to buy live, content is charged for more often than not and uses the points cards which hides the costs of games.

Three60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Three60

I'm planning on getting Fallout 3 for the PC, and maybe some of the shooters that are coming out for either one.  My graphics card isn't the greatest (lower than yours). But for me, the deciding factor is what is easier to play with friends (for the multiplayer stuff). That's the only reason I got CoD4 for the 360.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Garfield360UK

Thats my issue, the set up on Xbox 360 is easier than PC for playing friends online etc but the price is also £10 more which is about $16 USA.