#1 Edited by Kenobi (361 posts) -

So any potentially next gen game seems to be priced above $70.

Watch dogs on amazon is $100 right now. I suppose it's inevitable, but it seems the industry is in such a do or die situation. They might want to nip this price range in the butt before it discourages holiday sales or attitudes.

Here is Watch Dogs on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Watch-Dogs-PlayStation-4/dp/B00BI83EVU/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_cp_1_EQNY

#2 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Not going to happen.

#3 Edited by Kenobi (361 posts) -

I'm pretty sure this is just a place holder, it's just that people who are not use you're buying these for their kids or family will not understand that the Watch Dog price isn't the actually price. Ubisoft or Sony should call Amazon.

#4 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

It won't happen.

#5 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

seeing as the console doesn't have a price yet, i wouldn't take anything seriously right now.

you should totally get your preorder on for destiny though.

/s

#6 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

My understanding of how Amazon orders work is that should a customer place an order before a product is publicly available, the customer will pay the lowest amount the price of the product reached before being shipped. As so much of the next generation is unknown, including pricing, it's understandable that Amazon would want to ensure they sell their products at a fair market price, thus them playing it safe and currently pricing next generation games as they currently are.

#7 Posted by Morningstar (2142 posts) -

Not going to happen, even if current games cost much more than 60 with all DLC and stuff.

#8 Edited by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Jack Tretton claims that there wont be a price hike for the upcoming PS4 console.

#9 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10496 posts) -

That's just a placeholder price.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if EA or Activision tried to charge $70 for some games, but I don't think that's likely.

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Random placeholder. Jack Tretton said games would be priced between $0.99 and $60... HE WOULDN'T LIE TO US.

#11 Edited by Village_Guy (2498 posts) -

I believe in Tretton, our good lord and savior!