Next Wave of PS Plus, Games With Gold Titles Revealed

• 117 results
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

They should just pull Driveclub from shelves, delay it a year and release it when its finished.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By ripelivejam

@neocalypso: frozen synapse prime and luftrausers are both rad, tho.

Also re: AAA games: i don't think they want to put out big titles yet as most of them are fairly new; tell me if im wrong but the bigger releases usually don't appear on PS+ until a year down the road or so. Given it's been about that long and the whole driveclub thing it would be nice to throw a bone, but i don't think it's as terrible as people make it seem.

Maybe Knack Souls will help :)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Wait, Frozen Synapse came out on PlayStation? Well I'll be.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When are Sony gonna give us what gamers want?

KNACK!

(half serious)

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@humanity: Sony can only offer them so much. If EA and Ubisoft etc don't want to put their games out on PS+ then they wont. If they think it makes more business sense to just sell their games at $40/50/60+ instead of whatever it is Sony offer them then they're going to do what's best for business.

How are they going to pressure them? What pressure can Sony possibly put on these publishers? "You can't release your new game on our console if you don't put your old games up for PS+"? Sony need the publishers to make games for their console.

Sony can't pressure EA or Ubisoft, but they can suggest that it's in their best interest. Not only does each company get paid per PS Plus member who downloads their game, but it's a fantastic way to get people to try games they would have probably already bought after a year, if they were going to pay any money for them. It's also a great way to get new players interested in older multiplayer games, a great way to sell DLC to many of those new players, and a great way to promote the next game in a series.

If you're right, and 3rd party publishers don't feel that it makes financial sense just yet, Sony could always start occasionally offering one of their own titles every two or three months. But ultimately, this is going to be decided by Xbox Games with Gold. Whenever they start to offer retail games, Sony will likely feel compelled to respond, much like the entire Games with Gold program is a response to the Instant Game Collection on PS Plus. Competition is a great thing.

jerkchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't expect much from the less than $3 a month (discounted $29.99 membership) I'm paying, but I think they more than deliver. I don't get the sense of entitlement to AAA games every month attitude.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#108  Edited By MetalBaofu

@zevvion said:

As always, this continues to be a waste of money. Nothing on either list that I:

1. Want to play.

2. Do not own yet.

Resogun is the only game I ever got from PS Plus and that's only because it was the first game I wanted to play that was available on day one. I continue to be amazed why people think this stuff is an amazing value. Are you just playing games you have no interest of playing just because they are free? I guess that's cool, but that really isn't my thing. So if I want to play it, I'll likely own it already as these offers are usually months old (if not years old) games. Coupled with the fact that you essentially rent them, not get to own them as part of the subscription.

I currently subscribe to PS Plus purely because it is mandatory. If they had a B-service for online access that was free, I'd use that instead. PS Plus' connectivity stability is awful and their services aren't any better. I have to wait 25 minutes before I can read the message someone send me. I honestly don't see why I'm suppose to pay for it. At least Xbox Live makes everything work smooth and instantaneous.

If you have PS+ and aren't at least "purchasing" every game they put up each month, that's crazy to me. I'm paying for the service, so I'm at least going to get all the games they offer. Some of them I'll probably never even DL or play(mainly the sports games). Sometimes it's games I played on 360 or somewhere, but wouldn't mind replaying again on PS4/3(Dust). Some I play for a bit and never touch them again.

That said, what is a good deal for some is not necessarily a good deal for others. I can't always buy what I want when I want, then sometimes it pops up on PS+, goes on sale for 5 bucks or less or is added to plus on it's release day(Binding of Issac), which is great. If I was to ever add up the money saved because of the PS+ games and discounts, I feel confident it would be more than the 30-50 bucks I spent on the membership(and I mean only add up the stuff I would have bought on my own if I didn't have plus, not every free game).

Whatever the case may be chances are I will download it and least try it out whether I was interested in it or not. It could turn out that I actually like the game, even though I didn't think I would.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get out yer Xbox Live Vision cameras, boys, there's rare piñatas in them thar hills.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Microsoft have upped their game a lot, in terms of their free game selections, since the days when they gave away 3-4 year old iterations of Assassin's Creed.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By Zevvion

@metalbaofu: I understand that, but money just isn't an issue for me. I'm not that rich, but not on this scale anyway. If I want to play a game and it is 60 bucks, I'll buy it. It's not like there are 10 games I want to play each month. Not to mention most PS Plus and GWG games are at least a couple of months old to the point where I could have bought them for 30-40 bucks if I wanted, if not years old. There is just 0 chance a game will go up that I want to play that I don't own already for that reason.

I truly am not interested in playing a game for the sole reason because it is free. Right now, I'm playing Destiny and Lords of the Fallen and I still didn't have time to go back and finish Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein; games I really like. Why would I spend time on a game I don't really want to play?

I've just never gotten any use out of this service. If they start making games free on day one, that's when it will start having value. Right now, it's a waste of money.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By frymillstrum

Volgaar is a fantastic game but 1 free game for the entire month on Xbone, that's just weak.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@zevvion: Yeah, I got all that from your initial post. I was mainly responding to you saying you are amazed that anyone finds this to be a great value. All people are not in your position. And, like I said in my post, I get that it's not a great deal for you. It's not going to be great for everyone. Personally, I want to try out every game I possibly can. I like pretty much every genre to differing degrees, and am always interested in trying out a game I never heard of or is not something I would normally notice. PS+ is good for that sometimes.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@zevvion said:

As always, this continues to be a waste of money. Nothing on either list that I:

1. Want to play.

2. Do not own yet.

Resogun is the only game I ever got from PS Plus and that's only because it was the first game I wanted to play that was available on day one. I continue to be amazed why people think this stuff is an amazing value. Are you just playing games you have no interest of playing just because they are free? I guess that's cool, but that really isn't my thing. So if I want to play it, I'll likely own it already as these offers are usually months old (if not years old) games. Coupled with the fact that you essentially rent them, not get to own them as part of the subscription.

I currently subscribe to PS Plus purely because it is mandatory. If they had a B-service for online access that was free, I'd use that instead. PS Plus' connectivity stability is awful and their services aren't any better. I have to wait 25 minutes before I can read the message someone send me. I honestly don't see why I'm suppose to pay for it. At least Xbox Live makes everything work smooth and instantaneous.

The messages thing is ridiculous. How on earth is their system set up in a way where basic messaging is so incredibly delayed? I can't even talk with a friend properly when playing Destiny because voice chat begins cutting out constantly. People used to make fun of Xbox Live for being a paid service but like you said, at least all that stuff worked perfectly 95% of the time. In this new online-connected age we live in having the fastest machine on the market means a lot less when you have the worst online service.

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By BluPotato

I've been kinda hoping for Black Flag to be put up for the PS4, hopefully sometime in the next few months. Maybe Sony will bring some good holiday gifts come December in the form of some AAA stuff.

Supa_Kappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oops, I already bought BoI on Steam because of the 33% off.

Oh well, now I have it on Vita and PS4 too I guess.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Getting a bit tired of the indie games. I have Steamworld Dig and Binding of Isaac from cheap Humble Bundle sales. Would really like to see some launch games on there like Knack or something.

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

YES! I've always wanted to play Viva Pinata! It's time!

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isaac, Steamworld and Volgarr are all wonderful games.

But all of our 'next gen' titles are retro-inspired platformers and action adventure titles :)

Also, the one area I feel that Sony still has one up on MS, is the growing catalog of cross-play titles on PS3/PS4, even if many aren't fully cross-buy.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvak: Also the amount of cross-play games on the Vita/PS4. As an owner of both systems I really enjoy being able to take my save file from my PS4, play the same game with that save on my Vita on my commute to work and then reupload the save file to the PS4 when I get home. Works brilliantly for games like Rogue Legacy and Fez.

@spaceinsomniac: As I said, I believe in time that Ubi, EA etc etc will put their games on the service for PS4. I just think that right now they don't see a value in that considering they have a limited catalogue of games on the platform right now. Again, Ubi could put AC4 on the PS4 and hope it drives sales of Unity or they could not do that and hope that after people are done with Unity they buy AC4. Then when the next-next AC game is coming out, they offer up AC4 because they reckon they've sold about as many new copies of that game as they can. I doubt Sony give the publishers as much money as a direct sale of a game would but I don't have knowledge of the figures.

Sony will offer their own games eventually too and most likely the first "retail" game will probably be Knack, Killzone or possible one of the games that is cross-gen with PS3 like Mortal Kombat or AC.

I agree competition is great though. I'm glad to see MS got into the idea of offering games as part of the service.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: This too.

The fact of the matter is - there must always be a console war. After the dominance of the PS2, Sony brought out the PS3, under the assumption that their previous customers would return. And their hubris taught them a valuable lesson. A lesson MS has also learned in the first year of the One, following 360's dominance in North America. The fact that these companies had to learn this lesson means a better console for us, whichever side we choose.

The lesson: Don't tell people what they want in a video game console. Consumers are fickle and quick to change sides.

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a PS Vita owner I am in heaven right now! Thanks Sony!