NorCal Regionals 2014

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

NorCal Regionals 2014 are starting on April 18 and ending on April 20. GET HYPE :D

Lineup:

• Super Street Fighter IV:AE ver. 2012 ($2k pot bonus by CAPCOM)
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • King of Fighters XIII
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Killer Instinct
  • Divekick
  • Street Fighter x Tekken 2013
  • BlazBlue: Chronophantasma
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo **ToL II Qualifier**
  • Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
  • Capcom vs. SNK 2
  • Skullgirls
  • Soul Calibur V
  • Soul Calibur II

More information at norcalregionals.com

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

So how many of these are being streamed? I would like to see the Super Smash Bros. Melee matches.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snailI don't think it's been announced yet as to who's streaming what, but iplaywinner and Team Sp00ky were streaming it last year, so they're probably going to stream the event. But I'm not sure what games they, or any other channel that's broadcasting it. are showing. As long as they show Melee, 3rd Strike and P4A, I'll be a happy man

EDIT: Just checked out iplaywinner.com. It's gonna be streamed on the Twitch channels for iplaywinner, Team Sp00ky and Arturo Sanchez (nycfurby)

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm really hyped about 3rd Strike, P4:A, KoF13 and SkullGirls

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nefarious_Al

Gotta work so I won't be able to enter anything but I might go on Saturday to play some more Ultra. The big question about NCR this year is why is it in Sacramento?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By lordofultima

Stream Schedule (all times are PDT)

No Caption Provided

It should be noted that Super Smash Bros. Melee Pools will probably be streamed on Team Spooky's twitch channel (Saturday 10am PDT), but it was omitted from the schedule because that isn't nailed down yet.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll probably be watching this most of the weekend. A little bummed that their not streaming everything, but that's no surprise.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamterics: Yeah there's so many games now, that especially with the low entrant older games, it can be tough to find time to fit them on stream. Still should be a great event. So many streams.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Injustice?!

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The europe to west coast time difference always sucks for fgc tournies. It would be cool if the mods/ engineers were more able to open up the chat for some of these bigger streamed things when they can.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, the hype intro/team select is up if you guys want to peep it again.

Loading Video...

nelsonfalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nelsonfalker

@lukeweizer: This is the way I heard it, not sure if completely true. Injustice was gonna be a side game at NCR(like how BlazBlue or KI is being run) because it hasn't been getting large enough turn outs . This caused the Test Your Might forums where most of the Injustice/MK players hang out to throw a fit and boycott the tournament. The NCR crew was then basically forced to cancel Injustice because instead of getting a small turn out, they got no turn out.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NRS fighter community is the biggest damn bunch of babies, I swear. TO's don't have some secret agenda against them. They are giving prime slots to games that get more entrants, simple as that. You wanna take your ball and go home? Fine, after EVO your game is DOA. Back to the drawing board, WB. I say this as someone who genuinely enjoyed the Injustice finals at CW6 and would like to see this game continue to evolve and pick up steam.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GaspoweR

@lukeweizer: This is the way I heard it, not sure if completely true. Injustice was gonna be a side game at NCR(like how BlazBlue or KI is being run) because it hasn't been getting large enough turn outs . This caused the Test Your Might forums where most of the Injustice/MK players hang out to throw a fit and boycott the tournament. The NCR crew was then basically forced to cancel Injustice because instead of getting a small turn out, they got no turn out.

Wow, really if you want to come and support your game and community why not rally the people to COME OUT TO THE TOURNEY instead of taking the easy way out and also giving more reason to give your game even LESS EXPOSURE by boycotting? That's a bunch of bullshit.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta work so I won't be able to enter anything but I might go on Saturday to play some more Ultra. The big question about NCR this year is why is it in Sacramento?

Guessing venue is closer to food places and inns/motels compared to the usual spot they went to in previous years wherein the main problem was that food places and places to stay in if you were from out of town were very limited.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's dissapointing They should be showing how interesting their game can be, like Smash and KOF did, instead of boycotting the entire thing because they didn't get the primetime stream.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man Justin's Marvel commentary is so fucking good.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That CLACKWERK Strider. Good Loooord

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers