#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3831 posts) -

4.4. KitKat

The Verge: Android KitKat is the next version of Google's mobile operating system

A couple of months ago, Key-Lime Pie was the 4.3 name rumor.

Google says that "it's our goal with Android KitKat to make an amazing Android experience available for everybody." That's certainly a bit vague, but the statement does line up with earlier rumors that suggested Google plans to use its next Android release in smartwatches, gaming consoles, low-cost smartphones, and even laptops.

And well, now its just weird..

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by ShaggE (6928 posts) -

I can't wait for That One Candy What Tastes Kinda Like One Flavor, And Then It's Another Flavor, But I'll Be Damned If I Can Remember What It's Called, And Maybe I Dreamed The Whole Thing But I Really Don't Think I Did.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14753 posts) -

Just tell me when they do Butterfinger or Snickers, kthx.

#4 Posted by adoggz (2046 posts) -

meh, wake me when android gets to recees pieces, though it'd probably still suck.

#5 Posted by BigJeffrey (5211 posts) -

Someone gonna get sued

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -

Someone gonna get sued

I'm sure they forgot to OK it with legal before they made the name official.

#7 Posted by kmg90 (425 posts) -
#8 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3831 posts) -

#9 Posted by MattyFTM (14454 posts) -

Someone gonna get sued

It's a cross-promotion deal between Google and Nestlé. Google would never just use someone elses registered trademark without their permission.

#10 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -
#11 Posted by BBAlpert (1658 posts) -

@animasta said:

Just tell me when they do Butterfinger or Snickers, kthx.

They're going in alphabetical order, so if they were going to do Butterfinger, they probably would have done so by now. Although they did start at Cupcake, so I suppose they could theoretically loop back around to fit in Butterfinger and, uh... Abba Zaba.

#12 Edited by mlarrabee (3143 posts) -

I like it; it's short, euphonic, and memorable. I like it, most of all, because the decision wasn't financially motivated (although I doubt Nestlé is averse to the free advertising).

I'm sure it'll get plenty of hate from people who shudder at the thought of root access or don't know what that means.

EDIT: Just so my full opinion is clear, 4.5 had better not be named "Lindor Truffle."

RE-EDIT: Oh, man, they should call 4.5 "Liquor." Because "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker."

#13 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2584 posts) -

Im still waiting for HTC to update the One to 4.2.2

#14 Posted by RecSpec (4136 posts) -

Give me a break

#15 Edited by Veektarius (5103 posts) -

@mlarrabee: Andes, maybe.

Edit: Man, I could go for some Andes.

#16 Posted by Lashe (1268 posts) -

Ugh. Fuck Nestlé.

#17 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -

@recspec said:

Give me a break

You...ugh. Fuck. You're a bad person.

#18 Posted by Kidavenger (3675 posts) -
#19 Edited by Sticky_Pennies (2020 posts) -

Oh, oh man. I hope they make this into official packaging. It would be the weirdest god-damned thing.

#20 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2867 posts) -

Most people were assuming Android 5.0. Google is cray!

#21 Edited by Darson (456 posts) -

I've always been really annoyed by these code names. Unique, remember-able, possibly intriguing, but annoying.

#22 Posted by Darson (456 posts) -

I've always been really annoyed by these code names. Unique, remember-able, possibly intriguing, but annoying.

#23 Posted by McShank (1633 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: Who said 4.3 was KLP? Any and All Reputable electronic sites have been saying 5.0 is KLP. This 4.3 thing is news to me as I have heard Nothing of anyone even assuming it was KLP.

#24 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -
#25 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3831 posts) -