Orson Scott Card's Works to Become Sidescrollers

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By End_Boss

Kotaku has the story on the supposed adaptation of Card's "Ender's Game" series. The article describes the games as sidescrollers in the vein of the classic Contra games.

As a fan of Card's work, I'm not sure how to take this. I always felt that the appeal of his books was the characters themselves, not necessarily the action that goes on around them. As many surmised with Watchmen, I don't feel that this will translate very well into a game, and that a 2D sidescroller is the absolute wrong way to go. I get the feeling it will just be a Contra clone with the Ender's Game license slapped on for selling potential.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

So weird to see this as a 2D sidescroller.  Sounds kind of interesting but shouldn't this be an RTS?

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jotun

All this thread is doing is reminding me that I still need to read Ender's Game...

Damnit. I need to go to the library tomorrow.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By End_Boss
Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
So weird to see this as a 2D sidescroller.  Sounds kind of interesting but shouldn't this be an RTS? [more]
It would make more sense.

Jotun said:
All this thread is doing is reminding me that I still need to read Ender's Game...Damnit. I need to go ... [more]
Read "Ender's Shadow." It's the more appealing of the "Ender" story arcs, I found.

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jotun
End_Boss said:
Stephen_Von_Cloud said: So weird to see this as a 2D sidescroller.  Sounds kind of interesting but shouldn't this be an ... [more]
To be honest I don't know much about them. A few people have told me synopsis of the story and that has me interested. Is that another book in a series? Would I need to read them in a certain order?
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By End_Boss
Jotun said:
End_Boss said: Stephen_Von_Cloud said: So weird to see this as a 2D sidescroller.  Sounds kind of interesting but shouldn't this ... [more]
Ender's Shadow is a series of books that runs parallel to Ender's Game and features a different character. You can read the book standalone (as I initially did) or with Ender's Game. Either way, it's worth the read.
EndrzGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EndrzGame

Sadly the sight has been recently updated with this at the end of the article:

"Update: Looks like we got everything but the book the game is based on right. That has been corrected to Orson Scott Card's Empire, instead of his Ender's Game series."

As you can see by my tag, I'd really like to see a Ender's Game.....game.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss
EndrzGame said:
Sadly the sight has been recently updated with this at the end of the article:"Update: Looks like we got everything ... [more]
Well... There goes that thread.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Uhh . . . what?

Seeing as how the Ender series is my favorite series of books, I'm shocked, if nothing else.