Over 10,000!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It's a cool August afternoon and as the sun sets outside I find myself sitting here, very relaxed and ready to blog. I know that for those of you reading my last blog entry things were a little heavy on the Halo front but I promise much less of that this time. Recently I've been playing more Sims 2, Team Fortress 2 and a bit of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Now I've had my issues with Oblivion in the past but I've been in the a bit of an RPG mood and so I decided to give the game another try but try as I might I'm still finding the game doesn't seem to quite gel with me. Don't get me wrong, I can see why people like it but I reached a point in the game where I could no longer continue with the main quest line with my current skills and since then I feel like I've been thrust out into the big, wide world with no real sense of where to go or what to do and on the whole that's really impeded my enjoyment of the game. Even in places where I can win my battles I feel like most of them involve a large amount of me running backwards spamming the same in-effective healing spell over and over. I'll soldier onwards as far as I can but I still feel very lost and a bit bored.

This week I've also been thinking a lot about what games I want to purchase next, but this may be a bit of a problem when I'm off to university at the end of the summer and this could leave me half way across the country with no 360 and little money. However there are some great-looking games coming out including Brutal Legend. What I've seen of that game so far looks great; the environments, the soundtrack, the humour and the character animations all look great. Jack Black and Ozzy Osbourne also provide surprisingly good voice work for the game. Assassin's Creed 2 is also looking like a big improvement on the original; it has more mission types, more attacks and better looking environments among other things. Then there's also a whole bunch of other games I'm interested in like Wii Sports Resort Dragon Age: Origins, Halo 3: ODST and Scribblenauts. This is definitely going to be one of those times where there are just too many games coming out at once for me to buy and play.

That's about it this week, expect for one thing. Now I'm not deeply obsessed with achievements but I do like getting the odd achievement here and there, in fact they're often pretty fun to go after, this week I finally hit over 10,000 gamerscore on my gamertag and it's hard to believe that all my little achievements add up to so much. It's been very satisfying earning all those points. Aside from that one of my best moments this week was seeing the finale of Giant Bomb's coverage of the dying days of the Matrix Online. I'll leave you this reveal trailer for Command and Conquer 4. Thanks for reading.

-Gamer_152

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It's a cool August afternoon and as the sun sets outside I find myself sitting here, very relaxed and ready to blog. I know that for those of you reading my last blog entry things were a little heavy on the Halo front but I promise much less of that this time. Recently I've been playing more Sims 2, Team Fortress 2 and a bit of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Now I've had my issues with Oblivion in the past but I've been in the a bit of an RPG mood and so I decided to give the game another try but try as I might I'm still finding the game doesn't seem to quite gel with me. Don't get me wrong, I can see why people like it but I reached a point in the game where I could no longer continue with the main quest line with my current skills and since then I feel like I've been thrust out into the big, wide world with no real sense of where to go or what to do and on the whole that's really impeded my enjoyment of the game. Even in places where I can win my battles I feel like most of them involve a large amount of me running backwards spamming the same in-effective healing spell over and over. I'll soldier onwards as far as I can but I still feel very lost and a bit bored.

This week I've also been thinking a lot about what games I want to purchase next, but this may be a bit of a problem when I'm off to university at the end of the summer and this could leave me half way across the country with no 360 and little money. However there are some great-looking games coming out including Brutal Legend. What I've seen of that game so far looks great; the environments, the soundtrack, the humour and the character animations all look great. Jack Black and Ozzy Osbourne also provide surprisingly good voice work for the game. Assassin's Creed 2 is also looking like a big improvement on the original; it has more mission types, more attacks and better looking environments among other things. Then there's also a whole bunch of other games I'm interested in like Wii Sports Resort Dragon Age: Origins, Halo 3: ODST and Scribblenauts. This is definitely going to be one of those times where there are just too many games coming out at once for me to buy and play.

That's about it this week, expect for one thing. Now I'm not deeply obsessed with achievements but I do like getting the odd achievement here and there, in fact they're often pretty fun to go after, this week I finally hit over 10,000 gamerscore on my gamertag and it's hard to believe that all my little achievements add up to so much. It's been very satisfying earning all those points. Aside from that one of my best moments this week was seeing the finale of Giant Bomb's coverage of the dying days of the Matrix Online. I'll leave you this reveal trailer for Command and Conquer 4. Thanks for reading.

-Gamer_152

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kohe321

Congrats! And yes GBs coverage of the finale was awesome... Brutal ending on that thing. Straight to the desktop...