s, m, l, xl, xxl
DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#853  Edited By DoctorTran
@hilld1985:  That's rather disappointing as I'm sure there are quite a few people around here who would appreciate a XXXL
Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

you lied dave

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#855  Edited By Buscemi
@DoctorTran: I didn't even know there was a size that big, for serious.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#856  Edited By CL60
"What am I going to lose if I don't buy any of this? 
 Sorry, you must be thinking about someone else. We're in the not pissing off the Internet business. The site as you see it right now will remain largely unchanged.  "  

" What definitely won't be in the plan?  
  • Any sort of in-your-face hard sell. I've got the feeling most of you just want to support us and could care less about the features. That's great, we'll respect you back in the same way with not trying to do anything stupid when it comes to convincing you to make that decision." 

lol.
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#857  Edited By Lunar_Aura

BOOM!
vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#858  Edited By vitor
@KaosAngel said:

" @Asurastrike said:

" Instead of splitting the Bombcast in two, how about doing a video component and make the audio free to non subscribers, and the video only available to subscribers? "
...they're trying to save money on bandwidth, and you want them to raise the amount that would be used. "
They're actually going to be using up more bandwidth by having the bombcast split into so many differing junks and options though (unless I misunderstood here). 

Also, charging for it doesn't save money on something you were going to do regardless. Even more so when you can't quantify it's value - they'll never know how many people bought a sub because of the bombcast split after all so they're as screwed as the advertisers are in that respect. 

Also, totally agree that an exclusive video bombcast for members would have been a better call. 

Yo, next time I want to see that damned spider and cower in fear with the crew...
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#859  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@CL60 said:
" "What am I going to lose if I don't buy any of this? 
 Sorry, you must be thinking about someone else. We're in the not pissing off the Internet business. The site as you see it right now will remain largely unchanged.  "  

• Any sort of in-your-face hard sell. I've got the feeling most of you just want to support us and could care less about the features. That's great, we'll respect you back in the same way with not trying to do anything stupid when it comes to convincing you to make that decision." 

lol.
"
hehe
PokySharpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#860  Edited By PokySharpy
@BRNK said:
" I think I'll jump in...maybe having money riding on this site would nudge me out of lurker status and into the seedy, neon light of the Giant Bomb community. I'm not surprised there's so much negative backlash because this is the internet, but weren't some of you naysayers wondering how in the hell this site was making money and hence curious about the viability of the site? Intermittent ads don't pay for a whole team. "
Hehe, this is my first post, my subscription is also nudging me out of lurker status. =)

Seriously, all the negativity around here is crazy.  How much of GB's amazing work have you guys slurped up over the years, without them ever asking for a dime?  How many QLs, how many episodes of ER and TANG, how many fucking AWESOME BOMBCASTS have we all been given?  Now's the chance to give back and say that you appreciate their hard work.

To the Whiskey guys: I'm sorry you have to put up with all this bullshit.
StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#861  Edited By StrikeALight
@PokySharpy said:

" @BRNK said:

" I think I'll jump in...maybe having money riding on this site would nudge me out of lurker status and into the seedy, neon light of the Giant Bomb community. I'm not surprised there's so much negative backlash because this is the internet, but weren't some of you naysayers wondering how in the hell this site was making money and hence curious about the viability of the site? Intermittent ads don't pay for a whole team. "
Hehe, this is my first post, my subscription is also nudging me out of lurker status. =)  Seriously, all the negativity around here is crazy.  How much of GB's amazing work have you guys slurped up over the years, without them ever asking for a dime?  How many QLs, how many episodes of ER and TANG, how many fucking AWESOME BOMBCASTS have we all been given?  Now's the chance to give back and say that you appreciate their hard work.  To the Whiskey guys: I'm sorry you have to put up with all this bullshit. "
/bow

Completely agree. Some of the flames/threats/whining on the GB boards at the moment is frankly a little pathetic.
TehJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#862  Edited By TehJames
@snide said:

What am I going to lose if I don't buy any of this? 

Sorry, you must be thinking about someone else. We're in the not pissing off the Internet business. The site as you see it right now will remain largely unchanged.

"

Great! Btw, next week i am going to listing to the bombcast.......
Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#863  Edited By Wuddel
@PokySharpy said: 

@BRNK said: 

Hehe, this is my first post, my subscription is also nudging me out of lurker status. =)  Seriously, all the negativity around here is crazy.  How much of GB's amazing work have you guys slurped up over the years, without them ever asking for a dime?  How many QLs, how many episodes of ER and TANG, how many fucking AWESOME BOMBCASTS have we all been given?  Now's the chance to give back and say that you appreciate their hard work.  To the Whiskey guys: I'm sorry you have to put up with all this bullshit. "  
QFT 

• I'd love to see a yearly t-shirt. I am cool with the $10 extra.
  • I would prefer GB-specific stuff on that t-shirt. Not general WM-stuff.
  • On second thought, why don't you sell (more) t-shirts? I mean that is the business model of those 1-man web comics like questionablecontent.net. It seems to work for them, an the shirts are cool.
  • Let the yearly subscribers just select one for free. Maybe add an exclusive choice.
  • Support paypal. You are probably not aware of that, but much of continental europe despises credit cards (which are used like debit cards here anyway).
  • Calendars of real chicks?
fr0y0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#864  Edited By fr0y0
@Wuddel said:
  • Support paypal. You are probably not aware of that, but much of continental europe despises credit cards (which are used like debit cards here anyway).
This, a hundred times this. I cannot express how edgy I am about paypal not being available. I cringe so hard when I think about the moment when I saw the part for payment options in the subscription form. 

Paypal, please!
skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#865  Edited By skunk

@PokySharpy said:

" Hehe, this is my first post, my subscription is also nudging me out of lurker status. =)  Seriously, all the negativity around here is crazy.  How much of GB's amazing work have you guys slurped up over the years, without them ever asking for a dime?  How many QLs, how many episodes of ER and TANG, how many fucking AWESOME BOMBCASTS have we all been given?  Now's the chance to give back and say that you appreciate their hard work.  To the Whiskey guys: I'm sorry you have to put up with all this bullshit. "

Couldn't agree more. Some shit just deserves to be supported and this is one of them. I fucking love Giant Bomb and am definitely warming up to Whiskey Media as a whole. Keep up the great work! 
BRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#866  Edited By BRNK
hilld1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#867  Edited By hilld1985
@Wuddel said:
" @PokySharpy said: 

@BRNK said: 

QFT 

• I'd love to see a yearly t-shirt. I am cool with the $10 extra.
  • I would prefer GB-specific stuff on that t-shirt. Not general WM-stuff.
  • On second thought, why don't you sell (more) t-shirts? I mean that is the business model of those 1-man web comics like questionablecontent.net. It seems to work for them, an the shirts are cool.
  • Let the yearly subscribers just select one for free. Maybe add an exclusive choice.
  • Calendars of real chicks?
"
Both of these posts are amazing.

I'm so angry at those people that feel the need to bitch about this subscription model. Giantbomb have given literally days of entertainment to me in the last couple of years. I can be assured that if I'm bored, there'll be something on this site that'll entertain men.

The fact that people have been using this site for years, that now feel betrayed because Whiskey have the audacity to want to make some money from this place astounds me.

Get some perspective, guys.
Kregan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868  Edited By Kregan

Seriously, stop being cheap people.  Giantbomb has given you tons, and I mean TONS, of content over the past few years and never asked for a dime.

I understand that not everyone can pay 4.99$ or 50$ a year for a site, but really, if you have a job, there's no excuse. How much money do you waste on that latte or coke everyday? 4.99$ a month comes down to almost 20 cents a day, and the yearly membership around to 15 cents a day.

That coffee will go down the toilet at the end of the day. The entertainment provided here will be there for you when you leave the toilet.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @CL60 said:
" "What am I going to lose if I don't buy any of this? 

lol.
"
hehe "
this is comedy gold!
Bumbuliuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#870  Edited By Bumbuliuz

I had no issue giving these great guys my cash for the yearly sub, anyone else not so much. Also getting a T-Shirt is a plus :) . It will be fun to see how being a member will work out and the benefits of it.

I'm curious to try out the mobile site, but I cant seem to find the link to it? Also where do I usually go to see the weekly show?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#872  Edited By KaosAngel
@SpaceIndaver: Yes. 

EDIT:  In HD too.  They said they have a RSS feed up for the HD stream but for some reason I can't find it and do it on iTunes.  >.>
shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#873  Edited By shadyspace
@SpaceIndaver: Yep. In HD too.
Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#874  Edited By Castiel
@SpaceIndaver: Yes you can and in HD too.   

Ain't that right folks?