Or nothing at all?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Think about it - for once, all of the people that have said "Hollywood doesn't know how to make a video game movie"...FINALLY have the chance to say "here's how to make it"...and then see how much their own ideas DON'T WORK ON-SCREEN!!!

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269
@tdk08 said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:
" I want to see nothing. "
"
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sanryd
@cooljammer00 said:
" Nothing on Milla?  Or nothing at all? "

Second one. Already saw the first one at the end of the first movie/beginning of the second and it wasn't anything spectacular.
turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By turbo_toaster

I just wanted to see the motherfucking ambient, slow terror and old wallpapers of the first Resident Evil. I wanted to virtually taste the musty hallways of that goddamned Mansion during the unraveling of super fucked up experimenting. Allusion to the former normal lives of researchers, how they slowly succumbed to infection. Instead we got some bullshit

Bullshit including James Purefoy *swoon*

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: It won't really be that. Because the ideas will be too nebulous on twitter for anyone to interpret with any cinematic panache. So the onus will still be on Anderson and his laughable directorial skill. 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187
@Turbo_Toaster: I still love the first Resident Evil game, and I still think it would make a terrible movie.  The tension is there because you are interacting with that environment.  Watching people tip-toe through a mansion on-screen...man, there aren't many directors that can pull that off well AT ALL.  I'd rather that Paul W.S. Anderson just takes the idea of "Resident Evil as a game is already kind of bat-shit bonkers" and goes whole-hog with it by making it as completely detached from the games as well as completely bat-shit bonkers he can make it.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gabriel

I'd rather have an Event Horizon sequel.

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By turbo_toaster
@jakob187 said:
" @Turbo_Toaster: I still love the first Resident Evil game, and I still think it would make a terrible movie.  The tension is there because you are interacting with that environment.  Watching people tip-toe through a mansion on-screen...man, there aren't many directors that can pull that off well AT ALL.  I'd rather that Paul W.S. Anderson just takes the idea of "Resident Evil as a game is already kind of bat-shit bonkers" and goes whole-hog with it by making it as completely detached from the games as well as completely bat-shit bonkers he can make it. "
I don't mind them not doing it by the book, but they went so far off the mark plus adding some blank and toneless character (Alice) probably for courting purposes, the creepiness of what Umbrella was doing was completely tertiary. Amnesia is bottom of the barrel in storytelling and they went balls-out with that. The other shame was how lazy they went with the zombies. Some of it I liked but man. 

Also they filmed the 2nd one in my city. I saw them filming in the Cemetery and got some pictures of the burnt RPD cruisers. Was a pretty sweet day actually.
cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By cooljammer00
@jakob187 said:
" Think about it - for once, all of the people that have said "Hollywood doesn't know how to make a video game movie"...FINALLY have the chance to say "here's how to make it"...and then see how much their own ideas DON'T WORK ON-SCREEN!!! "
Yes.  I highly doubt that a movie made by committee, that will be filtered via the director who made the other shitty movies, will be any good.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee

He can do whatever the hell he wants with it: just as long as he takes the Resident Evil name of it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive

make the movie actually like the games. WOAH theres an idea.  

dont make the main character a super human badass that is like NEVER in danger.  
in fact, let the main character die and get mangled alive. 

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Jost1
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

In the hands of Anderson, nothing could possibly go well with the movie.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By IBurningStar

Do you guys remember that episode of Rocko's Modern Life where Rocko and Hef help Ralph Bighead and end up creating a show called Wacky Deli? Yeah, well I want the two minute clip of the first episode of Wacky Deli from that episode played on a continuous loop for roughly two hours. At about the twenty minute mark a white noise sound will slowly start to build up in the background. Eventaully this would transition into Come to Daddy by Aphex Twin and the volume would gradually rise as the film progressed. At the halfway point the film will break up into a split screen, with the left half being Wacky  Deli and the right being the film from Room 23 from LOST. Every five minutes from this point on the film will abruptly go silent and the screen would switch to the Thursday Night Throwdown image of Brad and Jeff's heads photoshopped on to Scorpion and Subzero's bodies. Hold for exactly 11 seconds and then revert back to before. The last two minutes will consist of nothing but a dog eating a bowl of ketchup.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Pinworm45
@jakob187 said:
" Think about it - for once, all of the people that have said "Hollywood doesn't know how to make a video game movie"...FINALLY have the chance to say "here's how to make it"...and then see how much their own ideas DON'T WORK ON-SCREEN!!! "
Except that he's not gunna follow 99% of what's said anyway, and even if he did, he's such an incompetent director that it'd be his fault anyway. So not really..
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By tebbit
@jakob187 said:
" @Turbo_Toaster: I still love the first Resident Evil game, and I still think it would make a terrible movie.  The tension is there because you are interacting with that environment.  Watching people tip-toe through a mansion on-screen...man, there aren't many directors that can pull that off well AT ALL.  I'd rather that Paul W.S. Anderson just takes the idea of "Resident Evil as a game is already kind of bat-shit bonkers" and goes whole-hog with it by making it as completely detached from the games as well as completely bat-shit bonkers he can make it. "
Come on man, he can do something with those giant spiders, surely! Then again, I don't really want him anywhere near actual Resident Evil. Save the good stuff for a talented director :/ 

That's the best thing about that Max Payne movie too. Some good director could make it, then not put in any of that angel crap, and make it like... the actual game or something. 
Also, Super Mario Bros.