Philly/Delaware Valley meetup?

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brushie_Tundra

Edit: The meet up will start tonight, Saturday, July 13th around 8:30 at Kraftwork 541 E. Girard in Fishtown. Here a link to the Yelp page: http://bit.ly/GHfLFr (Sorry the link isn't clickable. Not sure how to do that here). We may move on to the The Barcade afterwards for a few beers and games.

This has been a real rough week and I was wondering if any other GB fans would like to get together Saturday night for some beers and Makers. No all night bender, just a few drinks to celebrate the life of our departed friend, Ryan Davis.

I live downtown but would be open to a few drinks anywhere. DM me and maybe we calm hoist a few for Ryan.

RIP Ryan

"Thanks Ryan"

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't drink but I would get together and hangout. I'm in Philadelphia.

amirite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By amirite

I'd definitely be open to this. My week is a little crazy and not sure how my Saturday looks yet, but I was planning on meeting up with a friend of mine and pouring one out for Mr. Davis anyway. It would be nice to drink with some more duders. I live in Fairmount and can get downtown pretty easily.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By psylah

Philly here, what's up.

I don't drink either but I'll buy you guys a round.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

East Stroudsburg, here. Unfortunately I don't think I can make it that day, and it's pretty far for me. Poop. Maybe next time!

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brushie_Tundra

I'm near South St and 22nd but I love a bar called Kraftwerk on Girard. There is also South Philly Tap Room at Mifflin and 15th. If you like mexican there is Loco Pez in Fishtown. These are nice bars with some good food and great atmosphere. There is also the Barcade in Kensington. I am up for anywhere just throwing out some ideas. What do you guys think?

I'm also pretty flexible on the time.

amirite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amirite

Barcade might be nice to mosey over to eventually, to play some of Ryan's favorite arcade games or something. It's REALLY crowded on weekends though, so it might not be the best place to chill and remember him, at least not straight away (Ryan usually gave a nice little buffer before jumping into chaos).

Where is Loco Pez? I like Mexican and we could barhop to Barcade from there.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Dalai

I had a feeling one of these meetups would be within somewhat "reasonable" driving distance from my home. I doubt I can make the drive all the way from Scranton on short notice like this, but I'm not ruling it out just yet.

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brushie_Tundra

Here's the Yelp page for Loco Pez: http://www.yelp.com/biz/loco-pez-philadelphia. It's at the corner of E Norris and Cedar. It's real close to 95. That's close to Kraftwerk also (shameless mention): http://www.yelp.com/biz/kraftwork-philadelphia. I can give or take The Barcade, but hey, who knows!

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah @phileskyline @dalai Thoughts guys?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By psylah
@brushie_tundra said:

@psylah @phileskyline @dalai Thoughts guys?

Mexican can really mess me up, so Kraftwerk would be cool. But I could probably drive out to either.

How is parking around these spots?

p.s.: Will my car not be stolen in this neighborhood?

amirite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraftwork sounds good, I've never been there before. If your car doors are equipped with locking mechanisms, then you should be fine.

My schedule is still kind of up in the air unfortunately, I have a deadline on a freelance job so I may end up needing to work late on Saturday. I should know by tonight though.

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brushie_Tundra

Well said regarding the door locks. I would add don't leave anything of any value visible in your car and you won't have any problems. I have never had my car broken into or stolen, because I always keep valuables out of sight. Parking is on the street and you may end up parking a few blocks away. The neighborhood is safe to walk around in with a lot of new businesses opening up.

@amirite: Hope you can make it. Keep us up to date when you can.

We hadn't mentioned a time yet. I was thinking around 830-9? Any thoughts on that? Earlier or later are both options for me.

I'm Mike by the way. Nice to almost meet you guys.

Fuck, Ryan Davis! D:

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you live in Philly, why are you people calling it Downtown? You know that's not what anyone calls it, right?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you live in Philly, why are you people calling it Downtown? You know that's not what anyone calls it, right?

Yeah both of those spots are very much northeast of center city, where I am most familiar (I work in Philly, commute from Jersey) so when I heard Philly I figured it would be somewhere around there within rail transport. No matter, I have a car for these reasons.

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Brushie_Tundra

@psylah: I tried to keep away from Center City and Old City for a couple of reasons. Parking was going to either be non-existent or expensive and those areas get packed during the weekend. That being said, I can use mass transit to go anywhere you guys want. Let me know if you have any other places you might want to go.

Thanks

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brushie_tundra: Turns out there is a Septa stop on the Market Frankford line on Girard, maybe 6 blocks from Kraftwork. That works for me.

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Brushie_Tundra

So Kraftwork (http://bit.ly/GHfLFr) at 8:30. Maybe followed by some Barcade action?

I'll be there in my Lincoln Force t-shirt. I'm a tall, slightly wide dude with a brown hair, a grey/red beard and glasses. I'll be there early and be keeping an eye on the door.

I'm going to try to get some RTs from the crew to try and boost out numbers.

See you guys there.

amirite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By amirite

Hey guys, sorry for being so non-committal before - I should be able to make it!

I've got a bit of a bedtime unfortunately, so I don't know how long I'll be able to hang out, but 8:30 sounds like a good time to meet up. I'm Steve! I'll be the guy with the long hair and unemployment-beard.

How will we all find each-other? Giant Bomb shirts? I'll try to represent if I can get some laundry done in time!

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amirite: I'll be there around 8 for those early to bed. Earlier is also an option if that's good for you guys. I'm super flexible on the time.

amirite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brushie_tundra: Good stuff. The time is perfect for me actually, I won't arrive much earlier and can hang out for an hour or two. Just wanted to explain myself if I'm inching toward the door by 10:30 :)

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May want to edit the first post with time/location info.

Brushie_Tundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaren: Damn I should have thought of that. Thanks man. Hope you see ya there.

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Avaren

@avaren: Damn I should have thought of that. Thanks man. Hope you see ya there.

It'd be a long drive from Maine, haha. Holding out for a Boston meetup.

AutomaticOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By AutomaticOwl

North Wales here. Just read this post and being in the burbs I don't think I can make it. Good vibes to you duders and maybe next time.

demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By demarcon

shit i wish i checked the forums earlier... i'm only an hour from philly.

amirite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By amirite

No worries guys. Any duders who want to make it next time definitely should though!

Kraftwork was great and very chill. The food was baller time. We shared a few brews over some general shooting of the shit and talking about Ryan.

We're thinking of doing it again soon so anyone interested should pipe in! We popped in to Barcade at the end of the night to play some Tapper and Ms. Pac Man, but that would be super fun with a bigger crew. We need to take that place over.

Soultron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Soultron

I also missed this, but would be super down for another time. I'm in Manayunk and can get anywhere on little/no notice, would love to meet up with some of you guys for beers and laughs.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By psylah

Had a great time, I'll be out for the next one too.

If it's cool I'll post some pictures of us on the machines at Barcade as well.

Also, to you guys that were there, I sent you DMs, not sure if you get notified of them since the notification system not too long ago.