Play a Second Xbox One Game while Matchmaking (Digital Only)

• 56 results
Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Tesla

Cool feature, this is the way you get people to start buying digital: provide features and benefits that aren't possible with the physical medium. Although I have to say I can't see this being a total game changer just because matchmaking rarely takes long enough to really get going anywhere in a second game while you wait.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This reminds me of people who change the channel every time a commercial comes on. Matchmaking doesn't take so long that I'd have time to boot up and play another game, this seems like an unnecessary problem. Plus it's a problem solved by everyone's smartphone or tablet anyway. Load screen? Look down and see what's new on the internet.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pretty cool feature that probably isn't super practical. Or at least I can't think of a use case for me. Still though its cool, I was planning on going digital as much as possible already.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

This would have made looking for matches in Anarchy Reigns so much more tolerable.

Steak_Monster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Steak_Monster

I think people are approaching this from the wrong angle, they're just identifying that the machine is capable of.

So if you're waiting in a game lobby for your friends to return from taking a dump/grabbing a drink/doing whatever, you can switch to Facebook, twitter, youtube, tv, market place or even a game. They're not suggesting you should be playing a game while another one is 'loading', but merely that the Xbox one is capable of that.

If I can get home of an evening, set up a lobby for Battlefield 4 throw out some invites and then play Dead Rising 3 or something while my squadmates get there shit together. Then instantly jump straight back into BF4 when everyone is ready to go - I can most definitely see can see that being an awesome feature.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people don't play games like that. Most devs don't design games to be "multi-hosted" either.

Most people start a game, play that game until they are done with that game. You see this on PC and tablets where those platforms are specifically designed to handle multiple things running concurrently. No one is playing Angry Birds, decides to download Angry Birds Space, but fires up Cut The Rope while they wait. iOS supports that but no one uses it like that. Sometimes the queue for Dota 2 can take minutes to find an open match due to match making parameters but no one minimizes Dota 2 and starts up Bioshock Infinite even though the platform supports doing it. Instead they do stuff in Dota 2 while waiting or get fed up waiting and quit and start playing Bioshock Infinite instead.

I seriously doubt stories from people who claim that they would start up one game and wait for the their teammates to login by playing another game. I suspect instead what happens is that people waiting for others to login to play something like BF4 just start playing BF4 until they are "summoned" into a group where I'm unclear where the idea or the desire to play Dead Rising 3 comes from if you and your friends are serious enough to schedule and create a pre-made group for BF4.