Played the first few hours

Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kibblez

Got my Rapture edition for 360 in the mail today. It's the zavvi exclusive in the UK - it's got a nice reflective sleeve and a sizeable art book. It was only 30 squid, so I'd got for that while you still can (assuming they're still available).

As far as the game goes, so far I like it. It feels very much like the original game did, which can be both good and bad. The aiming still isn't of amazing quality, but still does the job just fine. Lining up headshots with the Rivet gun has been pretty easy and satisfying. The drill is cool too, allowing for some devastating bursts of momentary power  until you run out of fuel for the thing.

The story seems interesting, but perhaps not on the scale of the original BioShock. I kinda expected this though - the setting is so familar and "un-new" at this point that it's foolish to think the sequel would provide the same experience as the first did in 07. Sofia Lamb seems like a decent villain and Andrew Ryan has been popping up consistently, whether by discovering his own audio logs or listening to his propgonda at Ryan Amusements, which is one of the first areas in the game.

Graphically it looks pretty much the same. There are a few touches, like the animations and ragdolls being a little more refined. Some choppiness still exists though, like the security bots flying around and that weird stop-and-start look to them.  You know what I mean if you played the first. That's just nitpicking though, the game still looks moody and atmospheric 2 years later. Watching the first big daddy stomp around with a little sister is still an awesome sight to behold, and the fight is just as tough..

I haven't tested out the mutliplayer yet and won't be able to for a while. I'm in university where Xbox Live doesn't work, which is a bummer. So far though, I'd say if you're a fan of the original BioShock, this sequel seems like a very component update to the narrative that retains everything that was so good in the original