Pre Order DLC

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atary77

I like getting a new game ,taking it home and being able to easily put in a code over Xbox live or PSN to receive my free content. BUT for some folks that's not enough any more. Case in point the recent release of Transformers: War for Cybertron and it's unlockable characters. Some of you already know what I'm about to talk about but for the rest of you lemme tell ya what I had to do.
 First I had to go to Activision's web site and make an account there. Then I had to put in the code which was kinda frustrating since GameStop's receipts have a hard time making zeros look different from the letter O [Put a line through the Zero dammit!] Then after I got the code right I'd get the Xbox code in my email and then I could enter online XBLM. Now I have one simple question... why the hell didn't I get the XBLM code to begin with?
Seems like Ubisoft is doing something similar with it's Uplay service. Giving digital content through thier own service rather than XBLM. Like XBLM isn't good enough anymore! I just liked it when things were simple and all my DLC came from one place. I'm alost afraid to see what other publishers start doing just making things more complicated.
I don't know maybe it's just me ranting but what do you folks think?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Atary77 said:

"why the hell didn't I get the XBLM code to begin with? "

To force you to sign up to their website so they can now spam your email inbox with adverts for their latest games. It's that simple. Just a marketing trick.
Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Atary77
@MattyFTM:  Seems like Marketing is slowly taking over. I just wish they'd keep thier grubby little hands off my DLC!
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I dislike Pre order DLC anyway, but that's mostly because we Dutchies don't get a lot of those or special editions.

But I had the same with the Ubisoft Uplay thing and the EA registering to play LotR: Conquest or most of it's current titles.

Guess companies want to control stuff themselves.
Guess the big three have to slap a bitch back into line.