• 57 results
RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

Edit: The sale is here. It's not blatantly obvious if you are logged in, so here's a link to get it!

Original Post: So Jeff mentioned this on the bombcast and I was wondering if there was any other word on when it's gonna start?

Also, how do you feel about the sale they have (seems like it's always around this time)? I feel kind of bad that I rely on them to get my yearly subscription, but I also think it's kind of weird that the subscription is tied to a tshirt purchase for the majority of the year. I don't want a tshirt and these sales (which is, usually, $35 without a tshirt) make me feel like the 50 dollar option is forcing you into that purchase, whether you want the shirt or not.

Why not always have the option to purchase a yearly membership without a shirt (for like $40, or in that ballpark)?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

He said soonish, I always felt that it was during black friday time period that they did the sale. If I catch the sale I'll resub, if I miss it though...I'll have to think about it as my premium sub is coming up on its expiration date.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By AMyggen

They've done sales around Thanksgiving a few times, so that's probably it. So around the 27th of November.

Also, I have no problem with the $50 price. Sales are normal in any business, so no one should feel bad for jumping on one of those when they get the chance.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah as @nightriff said its usually been sometime around blackfriday into December or something like that so keep an eye out

djwoodgrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah @rongalaxy I think he said the sale could be up by the time we were done listening to the podcast. I just got back into gaming and don't think I will have much time for the premium content so I was looking for a sale also, not that the price is bad at all as it is now.

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Griffinmills

Great news, hope it is not another one of those limited quantity, midnight madness, new customer only, sales. I wasn't a big fan of Rorie asking customers to prove it "huffs your chuff" during the last sale to earn a discount since we were existing premium members.

Thinking of buying multiple years this time and a subscription for a couple friends. If the sale allows for it.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#7 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Oh man, this just reminded me that it is time to switch my ringtone to the duders making gobble noises.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talking about premium subscriptions (and sales thereof) just makes me miss Dave.

Ichi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ichi_

@rongalaxy: I think its a great deal even at 50 bucks, I don't care about the t-shirt either though (honestly I don't like any of the current designs) and since I know where the money is going it doesn't bother me.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't think anyone should feel bad about waiting for sales. I always grab a T-shirt when it renews so I take the credit, but either way helps em out.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

The sale is now! Weirdly, there was a link on the main page, but only when I was signed out.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By cornbredx

I think it's fine how they do it now. See, maybe I shouldn't bring this to peoples attention, but a normal and common business practice is to have sales. So, video games will often come out at a price they even think is a bit high (most common with indie games) so that they can set a decent sale price. The idea of a sale, psychologically, has an impact on how many people will buy it beyond the normal so it's actually good they have it at $50 and put it on sale occasionally at $35. People are more likely to get it when it's on sale than if they put it at a discount rate without the shirt regularly. Selling it that way normally would actually see a decline in sales overall. Or at least that is the idea of the strategy (and it is mostly always true).

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Talking about premium subscriptions (and sales thereof) just makes me miss Dave.

I am in a perpetual state of missing Dave.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

WOOO A YEAR OF PREMIUM UNCUT GIANT BOMB DOT COM MEMBERSHIP OH WAIT NO WHAT HAVE I DONE

(Thanks for the reminder.)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I hope there's a Big Live Live Show next October, I miss it.

LukeNuk3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the sale for new memberships only? I was hoping to add a year to my existing subscription.

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sale is now! Weirdly, there was a link on the main page, but only when I was signed out.

As far as I can tell, it is for new members only.

Lucien21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

It's not jsut for new members I posted this in the similar thread below.

Mine was due at the end of the month anyway, but if you are logged in, go to billing details and then change plan.

You should see the $35 offer as the annual plan (and your current plan) and if you process your card through it should add a year to the end of your current subscription.

lamzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spunkyhepanda: Thanks for the link. Mine was ending in January 2015. It was extended until January 2016(for 35$).

Rain_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more Paypal payment option though, right?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@spunkyhepanda said:

As far as I can tell, it is for new members only.

The sale works for everyone, new member or old.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I noticed this yesterday. If anyone would like to gift me a sale membership, I wouldn't mind at all...

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Is there no way to Paypal and not get a Tshirt?

Some of use are not in the US and are subject to charges.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@rain_1: I found this: I think it works

http://store.giantbomb.com/collections/tees/products/yearly-membership-no-shirt-paypal

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ripelivejam

Oh man, this just reminded me that it is time to switch my ringtone to the duders making gobble noises.

where can i get this

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#26 sgtsphynx  Moderator
laini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know when the sale ends?

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just in time for my re-up. Thank you BasedBombers.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Genfuyung

I bought another year the DAY BEFORE the sale started. So that sucks.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, re-upped. Thanks for the url, I was thinking I'd have to register a new account for it or something. At least this sale was visible, and I assume will last for more than like 3 days.

I wouldn't have a problem with the $50 version with store cred, but the shipping cost is fucking CRAZY. Like $15 for the hoodie or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just in time my yearly sub just ended last week.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was a little peeved I bought a sub literally a few days before the Bombcast announcement, but thankfully they put the discount up for Paypal this time, so I grabbed another year for $20 with the coupon from last week.

Pretty happy with that.

Sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These just stack if you're already premium, right?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RonGalaxy
Sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone manually has to update your account, right? Bought a sub but my expiration date didn't update. No rush, just curious.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

My expiration date automatically went up to 2015 when I ordered, so you might wanna drop Rorie a line.

Sikboy1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By glots

Woops, guess I was already membered-up 'till May 2015...so now it changed to May 2016. Don't have to worry about that for a while then, at least!

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woohoo, now I don't have to worry about my sub until May 2016, which is like forever away. It updated instantly by the way.

Also my avatar still has the silver medal thing. It never changed to gold when I became yearly in May this year. I suppose I can just PM Roria to see if he can fix that too?

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you listen to premium podcast on itunes?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bofooq said:

Technically, yes. You can download it and manually put it on itunes. There's also an rss option for premium podcasts, but I have no idea if/how that works.

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mainwaring

How long is this sale on for? I'd like to be able to grab an annual sub on payday, but unless I've missed something I haven't seen an end date for this.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's still going on by the time I can re up.

Psylockerules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After years of listening to the great podcast, ive fnally signed up. the price was too good for a whole year, what would you recommend?

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By skyline7284

@psylockerules: Start with this: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/mario-party-party/2300-9281/

rdub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well. just subscribed for the first time, after years of listening to the podcast. i actually have never been that interested in the premium content before so i don't know what i was missing - i'll be checking it out now though since i get access to it. mostly i just wanted to show my appreciation to the team.

Arkanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've paid for the discounted yearly subscription but the site doesn't seem to be recognising that I've done so when I try to see premium content. Have tried logging out and in, and waited around half an hour before making this post. Will see if it just starts working I guess..

legionvsninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By legionvsninja
@bofooq said:

Yes, you can get the feed in iTunes. Go here: http://www.giantbomb.com/feeds/

You'll find all the different RSS feeds you can subscribe to on that page. The one you want is the very bottom one called "Premium Giant Bombcast". The url for the feed is here: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premiumbombcast/

Go to iTunes. Click 'File', then click 'Subscribe to podcast...'. Paste that url into the box and click okay. When the feed refreshes, iTunes will prompt you for your Giant Bomb user name and password.

No Caption Provided

The name of the podcast in iTunes won't have Giant Bomb's name in it, oddly. It will just be called "Premium Podcast'. And, for some reason, the ad-free version of the Bombcast isn't showing up in the feed anymore. I paid for the subscription mainly so I wouldn't have to deal with ads, so this bothers me a quite a bit.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I just a few weeks ago bought a membership, too. Oh well, guess them's the breaks.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers