Prince Of Persia Movie

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sprizmo

I never generated much faith in movie adaptations of games... but this one looks like its going to be a good time in the theater. The ingredients are in its favor: Mike Newell is a solid director who did the likes of Donnie Brasco.  Gyllenhaal  is likable enough in a lead role. That princess is hot to trot. And Ben muthaflippin Kingsley. 

Dramatically, I expect it to be akin to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Personally I may like it even better. The quality of the script is gonna make or break it. Takers?

taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By taccyp

It looks like it could be a decent summer popcorn movie. I personally really like the PoP series so I'm actually kind of looking forward to this movie; but man, Gyllenhaal seems so out of place as the prince. He is a great actor but he doesn't exactly strike me as a Middle Eastern guy.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By regularassmilk

Kinda looks like a Popcorn movie to me.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Sprizmo said:
"Dramatically, I expect it to be akin to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. "  
Yeah, this film is going to blow alright.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

Don't get our hopes up. Tell me one great movie that is based on a video-game.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Pretending all movies based on games are forever doomed is a fallacy but that doesn't mean this'll be great.  The visuals are wonderful, but I'm not a big fan of the producer.  Some people like his stuff but every film or TV show he touches has a snarkiness that grates on my nerves.

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Sprizmo
@MysteriousBob: I should point out that I only liked the first of the Pirates movies, the rest of them were convoluted drivel. I don't mind a light hearted adventure tinged with humor as long as its done right.