PS4 isn't even as powerful as a Core I3/Geforce 750ti PC.

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The 360 only had like 512MB of ram and still pulled off some damn impressive things. The fact that these consoles on a hardware level are behind PC's doesn't matter because the way the hardware is being used is way different. They can squeeze way more out of way less. I don't think we've hit the ceiling just yet with these things. I think the true showing of what the Ps4 can REALLY do is going to be when you see Uncharted 4 drop.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you greatly care about your P's and solid frame rates, play on a PC. Its not that hard, consoles are going to forever be behind PCs in every form on graphics. That said if you think what we are seeing now is the cap for the gen of consoles your stupid and should go looks and year to year releases for xbox, 360, ps2, ps1, ps3, dreamcast, wii, wiiu.

Also if your comparing a game that isnt out yet to a game that is (cough witcher 3 vs MGS5 cough) thats pretty stupid as well. Y'all wanna have a dick measuring contest have it after it releases at least and in a correctly marked thread so we can ignore it

larmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope whatever happens that there's still a prebuilt dedicated gaming box for mainstream games that will last several years, whatever form that takes. It keeps most games to a standard for a significant period of time. I say that as a PC gamer on a budget who doesn't want to have to keep upgrading to meet up with the new standards since PCs are always getting better every year.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So it's worth noting that PC games tend to have a bunch of little effects and graphics stuff put in that raise system requirements - an i3 and a 750ti might be more powerful than consoles in terms of rough calculations and stuff, but in a practical sense it doesn't matter. You're still going to need a more powerful PC than that if you plan on playing Batman and The Witcher and Battlefront on PC.

Also, remember that console games always have the same hardware, meaning that developers can optimize their code specifically for that hardware. They can drag way more out of weaker hardware. And consoles are designed primarily for playing games, so their resources aren't being taken up by a hefty operating system like a PC is.

@mcfart said:
@hayt said:
@haruko said:

remember how early 360 and ps3 games looked compared to they do now? As developers will get used to the consoles games will look better sun rise sun set.

I also remember the part where the acceptable frame-rates and resolutions got worse and worse as a result.

Halo 4 looks a hell of a lot better then Halo 3, and both are 30fps.

Except Halo 3 actually sticks to 30FPS. There may be drops here and there, but by and large Halo 3's framerate is pretty smooth. Halo 4... not so much. I'd hardly call it unplayable but there are parts of that game where the framerate stays a noticeable amount below 30. For those last few years, the PS3 and 360 simply could not keep up with what developers were trying to make them do.

Guys, I'm sorry, but I do care about how smooth my game is running. I don't need a framerate counter to tell me exactly how well something runs or whatever. I don't care about the numbers. I do, however, care when the games I pay a large chunk of change for start to look more and more like slideshows. Towards the end of the PS3/360 generation, this was more and more often the case, and for larger and larger portions of whatever game I might be playing. Disappointingly, the problem seems like it's already starting to show its ugly head this generation. If this doesn't bother you and you're OK with playing a game that is choppy as hell, that's fine. Enjoy yourself. I'm not going to spend money on a product when the developers can't be arsed to make it a smooth experience and instead absolutely have to have this very pretty effect right here! And we wind up getting a very compromised game just because someone, somewhere, couldn't cut back just enough to bump the framerate up to where it needs to be.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@tuxfool said:
@grtkbrandon said:
@mr_misery said:
@mcfart said:
@snakeitachi said:

MGSV is 1080p 60 fps, and I think its better looking than Witcher 3. Either the fox engine is crazy optimisable, or the PS4 is.

Witcher 3 doesn't look very good, even on PC.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, this guy should do himself a favor and check out some screenshots on NeoGAF. Check it out.

Yeah. I know looks are an opinion, and opinions can't be wrong, but people saying it doesn't look good are just plain wrong.

"Opinions can't be wrong" is a fallacy. Opinions built on lies, misinformation, etc can all be very wrong.

I think it's wrong to say the Witcher doesn't look good on PC, but it's by far not the best looking game on PC. You can mod Skyrim up enough to look nearly on par.

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By MrWakka

@nodima said:

I'm going to be honest, I've never been able to tell the difference from video to video or clip to clip with these types of things and this was no different. Looks great on all three, looks the same on all three, whatever oh well. I don't even know what Core I3/GeForce 750ti means though.

This was me when my brother in law got his new HD tv years ago. I said I didn't see that big of a difference and he freaked out for a good ten minutes rewinding his tivo to get me to look at the detail you could see in the grass of a football game. I think my response of who cares about the fidelity of the grass nearly made his head explode. Of course when I played Dead Rising for the first time on a SD TV, I then knew I was going to have to upgrade.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

The new consoles have good amounts of memory but the CPU is severely underpowered. 1.6ghz and it is based on a chip made for laptops. The PC I had when the consoles came out was already more powerful. I don't think I will buy the new consoles. I will play on PC.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@humanity: I think we do forget that some developers are better at getting the technical things than others. FROM has shined artistically but not always technically I'm sure there will be plenty of games on the PS4 that run with solid frame rates (I don't recall having much issues with FC4 on ps4 which I got there instead of on PC due to reports of amd graphics cards having some issues). Its all relative to what we are used to playing really.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Low barrier to entry means $$$$ for console manufacturers/devs. And it's true most don't care. My friend basically thinks everything on his ps4 looks jaw dropping, and hasn't a clue about pc gaming and can barely operate a pc. ignorance is bliss i suppose, in gaming as in high-end headphones.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ry_Ry

Every so often I want to really spruce up my PC (old i7 & GTX 470) but it just isn't worth it for me yet.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@mrwakka: haha I also felt that way when people in my family first got HDTVs. but now the difference is pretty clear, back when my 25" CRT could output in 480i and people were trying to make 720i a thing the difference was way less noticeable. I finally switched to a 50" 720p around the time Mass Effect 3 came out and I definitely had an urge to go back and see what a lot of games looked like, particularly Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist: Honestly the character models in MGSV look like Plasticine. The skin shaders are very much guided by previous generation concerns. I suggest you take a look at the W3 screenshot page, the detail in the armors and pbr materials is on an entirely different level.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By mike

What is this, System Wars? Come on.