PS4 Pro/LG OLED Settings

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, I could use some help! I am getting a PS4 Pro for Red Dead II as well as a new LG OLED tv (OLED65C8PUA to be precise). I always knew getting into 4K and HDR gaming was going to be more involved than plugging a console into my tv and just going but I am finding out the amount of variables and options and what needs to be turned on or off is a lot. The folks on the beastcast went down some of the set ups they had for their tvs and I've been looking through some youtube videos and reddit threads and I can't see the woods for the trees. I was just wondering if anyone has a clear set up they like or knows where I can find an easy to digest description of setting up a PS4 Pro on an OLED. And if this has been covered else where let me know.

Thanks

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look up what Digital Foundry and Rtings has to say.

I have a Samsung, not an LG so I don't want to give you false info. I can tell you HDR requires backlight and contrast at max. put color space to native. Really though rtings is your best bet. They know their stuff.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

Check RTINGS.com for starters and see if that's sufficient. This is what you want. I should also mention, if you have Facebook, and want more insight from RTINGS specifically, you can go on their Facebook page and message them and they'll reply within a day. It's pretty helpful. I would ask them the question.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can only echo what others are saying here. I using rtings to calibrate my tv and it looks great!

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you kindly, this is all very helpful.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Turn everything off, all 'enhancements' need to be off. HDR and OLED benefit with contrast at max.

Colour temp is a preference, I personally like W45

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I looked at rtings after I got my B7 and used a bit of what they said, but ultimately I just set what I think looks good and adjust as necessary - which isn’t often.

There was a brief period when I was obsessing over it and even considered paying someone to calibrate but... nah. Caring about a TV that much is bad for my mental health.