PSN sale/revisiting the value of some slightly older games

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So right now there are a variety of year or two old ps4 games on sale and I was wondering what you guys thought about buying them on sale/if they are worth it. Here they are:

Killzone Shadowfall (5 dollars)

The Order (8 dollars)

Little Big Planet 3 (8 dollars)

Evolve (10 dollars).

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The Order is absolutely worth it. I still can't understand why everyone hated on it so much. Graphically it's one of the most impressive things I've seen over the past few years, there are some pretty neat weapons in it, the story is more than just okay and the gameplay is not nearly as QTE-heavy as many made it out to be. The ending is(!) underwhelming, but 8 dollars is still a steal. I say: Go for it!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LBP3 is definitely a solid buy, although I liked 2 more. Not much to say about it, though... other than the new characters and other incremental changes, it's more LBP.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

LittleBigPlanet 3 was a buggy mess at launch, so i would double check to see if they have patched it up before you buy. It was mainly the online portion that was broken for me, the singleplayer if i remember worked fine. Other then that it was an ok edition to the LBP series if your into them, worth the $8 at least to check em out.

And Evolve looks like it is going F2P on console after they get it ready on PC (where it is already F2P), so you could save some cash and wait.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I'm also wondering about Killzone. The Order I bought for $10 a while back during a sale, played 20 minutes, and never touched again. It looks phenomenal technically speaking but it's as bare-bones as it could be in terms of gameplay. I don't have much to say on LBP3 but it's probably worth that price. And Evolve...does anyone still play that game? I liked it a lot when it came out, but I don't know if I'd buy it right now unless I knew it had a solid enough player base.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wrote a little about The Order and Killzone in my most recent blog post if you want more specific thoughts, but out of the two of them I would recommend The Order and skip Killzone. It's not that Killzone doesn't have some qualities, it just isn't worth the time and money with better shooters out there you could play instead. I also doubt Evolve is worth the money these days.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbullet685: How can you possibly determine how bare bones the gameplay of something is in 20 minutes.

Everyone should buy the Order if only to try and convince Sony to finally give the go ahead to the sequel. The ending sets us up for an amazing premise for a game that we'll probably never get.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Everyone should buy the Order if only to try and convince Sony to finally give the go ahead to the sequel. The ending sets us up for an amazing premise for a game that we'll probably never get.

I saw The Order a lot like I did the first Assassin's Creed: a cool setup/excuse to travel around to different time periods, with some sci-fi murder tech thrown in. So much potential that we'll probably never get yeah :(

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not recommend the Order at any price. I bought it pretty cheap myself and I don't think it was worth it at all.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Is it weird that I'd totally play all 4 hours of The Order if it was free on PS+, but still don't want to pay $7 for it?

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up god eater and have been digging it so far. After hearing jason talk about it on the bombcast I figured why not? I haven't played a monster hunter since they went over to Nintendo, and it scratches that itch pretty well.

nickystixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I picked up a PS3 copy of The Evil Within for about 5 bucks at Target. Such an awesome game. I recommend it if you like action/horror or The Last of Us like gameplay.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

@hunkulese: Sorry, it was probably more like an hour's worth I devoted to the game. Which, from what I hear in that game's case is about 1/4 of its entire length, so I think I got a good enough representation in my time with it. Again, it looks great, and the setting and story seemed interesting, but the gameplay just did nothing for me and I didn't feel like dedicating any more time to it.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Honestly, killzone isn't that bad at all. Its one of the better launch games IMO.

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thatbendorf

I paid $20 for The Order about a year ago, and played through it all in one sitting. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it and thought it was totally worth the price I paid. So for 8 bucks I'd say, jump on it!

Also, thanks for the heads up on the sale, been thinking about picking up LBP 3, and this might be the push I needed.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Bought The Order for $10 like @redbullet685 and I didn't love it but I definitely liked it. The second half is weaker than the first but it looks really cool, has a neat world and the guns are fun.

McHampton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd maybe play The Order and Killzone at those prices. My concern, though, would be the amount of storage space I'd have to clear out to get them installed.