PSN Wallet Woes

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I decided to pick up BF4 on PS3 digitally via a PSN preorder, because my PC can't seem to run it at all, and I have a great time with the PS3 Beta, and eventually I'll be taking advantage of the discounted upgrade to the PS4 version. Decent deal really.

Well - so I picked up two 50$ PSN Store pre-paid cards at my local postoffice. Got the first one registered no problem. The second one refuses to be added tough. I suspect it's got something to do with maximum store credit being too low to accommodate for it. The cards definitely got both activated, so it shouldn't be a problem from that end. I saw it, and it's clearly visibible on my receipt, and the first card worked fine.

Let's recap. I've got 30$ to my name on my PSN account. I decide to digitally preorder BF4 for 85$. I buy 2x 50$ to add to my PSN wallet for a total of 130$. However I can't add the second code for some reason (likely the second amount doesn't fit into the wallet). I'm just getting an error message without error-code. Now I'm stuck a couple of bucks short of preordering BF4, can't load more money into my PSN account, can't do jack shit!

What the fuck! This is the most retarded situation I was ever in. Worst thing is, I can't even verify if that's really the case, because I cannot unearth the information about the maximum wallet size for the Swiss PSN Store. Good fucking god man, this is so backwards and retarded, I don't know where to begin. Seriously - 130$ is too much for my wallet? In a world where games are like 90$ around my parts, and PSN code cards only come in 50$ chunks? Jesus fucking Christ man!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Why is BF4 85 bucks?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@bocam said:

Why is BF4 85 bucks?

^

Are you getting it with premium or something?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli

@bocam said:

Why is BF4 85 bucks?

^

Well, it's actually more, since it's in Swiss currency, which is relatively strong vs your sickeningly weak dollar.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@seppli said:

Well, it's actually more, since it's in Swiss currency, which is relatively strong vs your sickeningly weak dollar.

lol where do you think I'm from?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P.S. Just tried to add it on PSN via PC, where it kinda worked better. It said it's a 50$ code, and my new wallet total will be 127$, and what have you. Then it says the code was already used, inactive, or invalid.

Gaming has been a trial recently. Good fucking god, it just doesn't stop fucking with me.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally agree with you here it seems like Sony does not want my money at times.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@irrelevantjohn said:
@bocam said:

Why is BF4 85 bucks?

^

Well, we can't all be the helping criminals and Despots hide their Ill gotten gains ;)

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By djou

@seppli: I try to use the Sony web portal to add funds and buy digital games as much as I can. I feel like there's some type of accountability if something gets fucked up with the PSN due to lagginess. Have you tried contacting their customer service? I had a wallet problem once and emailed them not expecting to receive a response. They totally replied promptly and fixed my problem.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#11 fisk0  Moderator

@seppli said:

@irrelevantjohn said:
@bocam said:

Why is BF4 85 bucks?

^

I think around $85-90 is a pretty common price for the non-Euro countries in Europe. BF4 is $93 on the Swedish PSN Store.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou said:

@seppli: I try to use the Sony web portal to add funds and buy digital games as much as I can. I feel like there's some type of accountability if something gets fucked up with the PSN due to lagginess. Have you tried contacting their customer service? I had a wallet problem once and emailed them not expecting to receive a response. They totally replied promptly and fixed my problem.

Not yet. It's not readily apparent how to contact the Swiss PSN support. It's night now, I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe its a sign.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

So I contacted Sony. Figured out it wasn't an official Sony card, but from a licensee called ePay - so Sony can't help. ePay offers no support line or email address or anything remotely resembling customer support. Not even the internet offers any help whatsoever.

So I went to the post office where I bought the card, they deferred me first for a day, claiming some cards take up to 24 hours to activate. I went in again today, just so that they went through the whole circus again calling Sony - until they finally figured out it's ePay that's responsible, as I've said numerous times. Now the postal service's sales department is sorting it out for me, all the while 50$ are lost in limbo - and according to internet posts on the PSN forums ePay doesn't have a policy of refunds, so I'm not hopeful.

Walk in a shop. See a PSN card, think - hey, that's gonna come in handy right now - and walk out with a problem instead. That worked out great. I wanted PSN store credit, rather I got a headache. Well - now that those 50$ are written off for the moment, I went ahead and bought an official 20$ prepaid card from Sony through my regular retail channels, so I can finally digitally preorder BF4 on PSN.

Either way, if anyone at Sony reads this, ePay doesn't run a sound business, has zero customer support and according to the internet, doesn't refund out of principle, without doing their due dilligence. You should cut your ties with that shoddy outfit right the fuck now. Fucking horrible.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli

So Sony Support finally came through, after every involved party gave me the go-around. Jeez - that was a horrible customer experience. I'll never ever buy a prepaid card by ePay again. Bunch of criminals, as far as I'm concerned.

Guess I can pick up that discounted copy of Infamous 2 now and still have enough bucks to cover for my BF4 preorder on my account.