Question About Buying a New Xbox 360

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

So my first generation Xbox 360 has finally died and I'm looking to get a new one. I like the idea of getting a new 250 GB Xbox 360 because apparently it's really quiet and doesn't recreate the sounds of an airplane taking off like mine did. But apparently that hard drive is internal. I have a 20 GB external drive. Can I transfer that data over from the external hard drive to the internal hard drive?

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By BrittonPeele

To my understanding, yes. But you need to buy a 360 Transfer Cable.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JasonR86

@Sargus said:

So the new console wouldn't come with one?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@JasonR86 said:

@Sargus said:

Nope, new consoles don't come with the transfer cable, so you'll have to buy one. Luckily, though, it connects straight to the harddrive you're transferring from, so no need to worry about the broken system.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JasonR86

@animathias said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Sargus said:

Nope, new consoles don't come with the transfer cable, so you'll have to buy one. Luckily, though, it connects straight to the harddrive you're transferring from, so no need to worry about the broken system.

Alright. Thanks for the help guys. I wonder what Microsoft is going to do with all this money I'm giving them?

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@JasonR86 said:

@animathias said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Sargus said:

Alright. Thanks for the help guys. I wonder what Microsoft is going to do with all this money I'm giving them?

Invest in this new technology to allow even more rectangles with ads on them on the dashboard.

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Phyrlord

@JasonR86 said:

So my first generation Xbox 360 has finally died and I'm looking to get a new one. I like the idea of getting a new 250 GB Xbox 360 because apparently it's really quiet and doesn't recreate the sounds of an airplane taking off like mine did. But apparently that hard drive is internal. I have a 20 GB external drive. Can I transfer that data over from the external hard drive to the internal hard drive?

4 options.

1. Do you have a friend with an older console? Put your HD on it and use a thumb drive to xfer all your saves.

2. Use the cloud to xfer saves

3. My friend said that you can actually use the old hard drives on the newer ones. Even though it says 250gig internal, you can still remove it. He just slipped his 20gig into the new console design and used a piece of cardboard to fill the space gap and he said it worked like a charm. Then use a thumb drive to xfer the saves. Then put your new HD back in.

4. I guess a xfer cable? but I don't even think that works with the new consoles.

Your best option is #1.

Hope that helped.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cthomer5000

The post directly above this is a very good one. If you're only looking to move save games, you should do it with a friends xbox and a memory stick. Anything you've bought can be redownloaded.

Also might want to wait until black friday to buy a new console if you can. There are some good lookin' deals coming up.

Naked_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Naked_Snake
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JasonR86

I just ended up buying a new one and getting a transfer cable. On the one hand, it's nice that my Xbox doesn't sound like a rocket ship anymore. On the other, I had to buy another fucking Xbox.