Raiden III. Should I Buy It?

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Spike94

I saw two copies of it at a nearby WalMart for $10. Let me repeat. Ten. Dollars. I have recently been intriguied by shmups, never being too into them before, but now I believe I like (perhaps love?) them a lot. I have seen mixed reviews on this one, so I am not sure if the ten dollars should just be used for something else (like another game, perhaps) or for the game. So, any thoughts? 
Thanks to anyone and everyone who replies, or even takes the time to read this. Peace and grace.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

You ever play any of the Raiden games?

I kind of doubt you'll find many people that can give you an opinion of em here, as there aren't that many people that have played them.  I haven't even played Raiden 3 or 4.  I love Raiden Fighters Aces on 360, and if 3 is as good I'd say it's worth $10.  Raiden IV just came out on 360 in the US in the last week, but it's $40, so I gotta wait for a drop.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

$10?  Hell yeah it's worth it.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

At ten dollars it's worth it. I remember paying the full MSRP when this game came out and regretted it. It took the developer nearly a year to port it to consoles and all they did was change the color of one of the lasers.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Spike94
@JJOR64:
@Diamond: 
 @Sleepy_Insomniac: 
Sweet! Thanks people for all of the feedback everyone! And no, I have yet to play a Raiden game...I shall get this one now, though! 
And only change the color of a laser? Wow, I am speechless. 
But cool! I am stoked already, shmup action, here I come!
CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CashBailey

Yeah, this is a great old-school vertical shooter.

Just avoid getting the green laser. It sucks ass.

Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Neon941

I picked it up at my local Blockbuster for about 7 or 8 dollars, it's worth more than that. It's not too insane as far as schmups go, but it's just a satisfying, straight forward game. Pick it up, I think you'll enjoy it and at least get your money's worth.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

Dude yeah! I love Raiden III, it's such a fun shooter, though my favorite it DoDonPachi. Madness.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Novyx

I still haven't gotten to play 3. Just got 4, which I'm loving, and I still have yet to find a shmup I like more than Raiden 2. Goddamn that was a good game. Screw street fighter, I need an arcade stick for these.