• 74 results
xCJES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By xCJES

I Wanna Be The Guy and Demon's Souls both are pretty challenging.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Spike94
VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By VanderSEXXX
@Solarus said:
" @VanderSEXXX said:
" Yes Demon's Souls!!! And play it more in the succeding playthroughs where the game becomes significantly harder too. :D Really the only game I could think of if not Ninja Gaiden II or even the original Ninja Gaiden: Black back in Xbox. "
Yeah :( It's dissapointing that really hard games aren't released very often anymore (well... Not in America anyway. Japan still gets their jollies from pain). I LOVED the Ninja Gaiden revival games and have already played both Black and NGII to death, so outside of importing the most unfair games I've ever seen in my life (bullet-hell shmups on max difficulty), it looks like Demon's Souls is my only option without going back in time. "
Well it's atleast nice to see that some gamers today still seeks virtual punishments. :D 

and watch this. as this might convince you guys on how hard it really is in a hilarious way.:D 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By pause422

Demon Souls, Ninja Gaiden on hardest difficulty, DMC3 original on hard, Super Ghosts and Goblins. Battletoads, old school SMT games on Extreme. All thats on my mind right now. Plenty of hard strategy games as well.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Metroid: Redesign's pretty hard with all the wall-jumping.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Brunchies

Ikaruga Or Ghosts and Goblins are both excellent games to play if you feel like torturing yourself.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By jakob187

Ghosts 'n' Goblins. 

Solomon's Key. 

Mega Man 9. 

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@cstrang said:
" @DanielJW said:
" Demon's Souls. "
This.  Duh. "

Yah. You are supposed to die in the training, just to show you how hard the game is going to be. And also it's an amazing, amazing, amazing game. I've never played it, but I hear many good things, so even if I've never played it (yet) I can still see the ideas it has and those alone make the game amazing.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#59  Edited By Yummylee

Also Dragon Age on its highest difficulty warranties as a freakin tough challenge i'd say.
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Burgertime.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By zombie2011
@Solarus: Left 4 Dead 2 is insanely hard compared to the first one and i haven't thought about trying it on the hardest difficulty or realism mode.
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#62  Edited By Driadon

Any of the Monster Hunter games. STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl on the hardest settings.

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Solarus

I appreciate all the recommendations. To all the people recommending vertical or horizontal scrolling shoot em ups though, I'm really not in the mood for playing those right now, because A) I've already beaten pretty much every American shmup in existence (btw, Silver Surfer is half difficult, but is a shitty game. Ikaruga is actually really easy and just requires a ton of memorization. I got bored with it after my 1CC) and B) the game I'm trying to get a break from is a shoot em up. In fact, it's the single most "fuck you in the ass sideways hard" game I've ever played in my life. Although I intend to come back to it, I'm just not in the mood for spending another 100 hours dying because I twitched 1 millimetre in the wrong direction.

Basically, I was trying to beat the entire game in Black Label (the updated version) on the hardest difficulty without dying a single time so I could fight the true last boss, who is ironically easier than the whore you have to fight immediately before-hand. Take a look:

The thing about this game, is that technically if you don't mind credit feeding (spamming continue) over and over again, even the very worst gamer can beat it. Unfortunately, in shoot em ups, this is never considered a true beating of the game (beating the game on 1 continue is required for a legitimate clear that can be uploaded to scoreboards most of the time,  or also called a 1 credit clear). This game (and most games made by CAVE) takes that concept to a whole new level by spamming the entire screen with purple, allowing millimetres of space to move without dying and expects you to beat the entire game without DYING a single time to see the true last boss. Needless to say, trying to do this is the most humbling experience for even the most suicidal gamer :P

Anyway, that got me off track a bit. Once again, thanks for all the shmup recommendations. I appreciate going out of your way to help, but... I'm really not in the mood for shooters right now.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MikkaQ
@Solarus said:

" I don't really care what genre it is (I like them all), I just need a break from bashing my head against the wall playing Mushihimesama Futari. Recommend me something that you think is unnecessarily difficult. "

Dodonpachi.  

EDIT: Wait I can beat than one.  

Uuuh DoDonPachi Daioujou Black label Ex? I dunno dude.  
Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Solarus
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Solarus said:

" I don't really care what genre it is (I like them all), I just need a break from bashing my head against the wall playing Mushihimesama Futari. Recommend me something that you think is unnecessarily difficult. "

Dodonpachi.    EDIT: Wait I can beat than one.   Uuuh DoDonPachi Daioujou Black label Ex? I dunno dude.   "
Yeah I've also taken a break from my excursion to beat Hibachi (the latter bit of the 2nd loop is just insane). I'm just tired of getting romped in shooters right now.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MikkaQ
@Solarus: I can tell, I was just being a dick and not actually helping you find a difficult game. 

Those bullet hell-whatever-shooter games are fun for me to play when I need to kill like 20-30 minutes in the same way people play Peggle, but I rarely, if ever set out to actually beat them. Oddly enough my best game of Dodonpachi was in a carride with my cousin, I just whipped out my laptop for laughs, and I got through the first couple sections without dying, even beat a boss, so that was fun. But I'm generally not too good at 'em. 

If you want an actually hard game... I really dunno. Other than poorly designed old school NES games, and mad japanese shmups... only shit like Demon's Souls come to mind, and I,ll never play that one. Mega Man 9 is a bitch if you already haven't conquered it.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By JJOR64
Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Solarus
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" Burgertime. "
Is that actually difficult? I've honestly never played it. I've only seen a few videos of it being played before.
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@Solarus:
I think on the fourth stage you don't get enough pepper to fight the eggs... or something. 
Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Solarus
@FiestaUnicorn: I guess I'll have to try it out then. It's not like it's going to cost me a fortune or anything ;p
r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By r0k1ll

Rapelay

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FlipperDesert
@Solarus: God Hand while attempting a 'kick me' sign run on hard difficulty. Both impossibly hard and impossibly awesome!
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Milkman

Trials HD

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers