Rolling Stones: Rock Band.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420

Dude. How is this not happening, I mean not even rumors or anything. Would you buy a Rolling Stones music game? This just seems like such an obvious thing, I really wonder why we haven't seen more of them already in plastic guitar games (I believe there's been a few songs here and there).

Great pic btw.
 Great pic btw.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420

Dude. How is this not happening, I mean not even rumors or anything. Would you buy a Rolling Stones music game? This just seems like such an obvious thing, I really wonder why we haven't seen more of them already in plastic guitar games (I believe there's been a few songs here and there).

Great pic btw.
 Great pic btw.
mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mikeeegeee

Probably licensing issues. I, for one, know that I'd pick up a Stones Rock Band game before the Beatles game. Nothing against the Beatles, but I just love pretending to be Mick Jagger. Such a great library of songs.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By guiseppe

I would definately not buy that. I don't see the point in rhythm games with just one band.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust
@artofwar420:  Dude, I agree and I'm not a fan of music games in general.  However there are only two groups that I believe that truly warrant their own boxed games, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin.  Both bands have huge catalogs of music easily recognizable by most people who know anything about popular music, and both have a unique visual style that would make for entertaining graphics within a Rock Band game.  I know that members of Led Zeppelin have dismissed any idea of their music coming to game consoles, but the Stones are still open.  I'm not saying they'd be any more successful than the Beatles have been, but there is money to be made from their discography.  

A band that is sometimes mentioned as deserving of their own separate release is Pink Floyd.  While I am a huge fan and count Dark Side of the Moon among my all-time top 10 albums, I don't think all of their music is really suited for Rock Band.  First of all, there is the singing.  No amateur  is going to ever really be able to sing Great Gig in the Sky or some selections from The Wall.  Second is the length of a lot of their songs.  A lot of them go on for 6 minutes or more and I'm not sure that's well suited for a game.  It's also what kept them off the radio a lot.  This doesn't mean that selections from their catalog should be imported into Rock Band, just don't give them the full treatment that the Beatles got or that the Rolling Stones deserve. 
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By artofwar420
@guiseppe: What if they offered a package similar to what The Beatles got? I think GH Aerosmith is how NOT to do it.
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By guiseppe
@artofwar420 said:
" @guiseppe: What if they offered a package similar to what The Beatles got? I think GH Aerosmith is how NOT to do it. "
Nope, no matter what they throw in there. One-band rhythm games makes absolutely no sense to me. I get it if you're a die hard fan of said band, but I just think it gets a little repetetive even then.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By maxszy

I think you should listen to the Bombcast back in Septemeber when they talked about the Beatles Rock Band. I agree with Ryan's assessment at that point that because of how the Beatles Rock Band was done and how it was such a good tribute to the Beatles...there really is quite another band at that exact level to warrant another single band Rock Band.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

If they released a Rolling Stones: Rock Band, I would buy it. They're my favorite band. Really, I think the only other bands that could really follow-up to The Beatles Rock Band would have to be The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin. Honestly, I think a Led Zeppelin: Rock Band would be the better choice to go with, but dude, Led Zeppelin's awesomeness would make any other potential single-band Rock Band games obsolete. So if they're gonna go with The Stones, they gotta do it before Zeppelin. Really, I'd buy both, unless they waited until next gen and I'd have to buy new instruments. I think I'm done buying plastic instruments for this lifetime.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By breadfan

I love the Stones, but music games aren't my thing.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Tireyo

Rolling Stones are cool, and they've had some really good songs, not to mention really nice teeth too. Look how happy they are!!!

And, I don't play music games.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

I think a Rolling stones rockband would be pretty horrible, I like a song here and there but a whole disks worth... no thankyou.... Bowie is a waaaaay better choice for  their own game... so much variety.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman

I think the fact that there is just one of their songs so far in Rock Band could mean they are saving them for something like this. The licensing could be tough but come on, they got The Beatles!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus

They're still around, unbelievably. I think a good band choice for a music game would have a set begining and end, some kind of story to go along with the music.