harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By harinosho

Hey people.

I have this idea for some kind of new fighting battle mechanic for RPG games. Its really out there. That's why i place it online to get some comments (good or bad).

The way the fighting system works is something like this (this is a really erratic idea, so i might not make much sense) 
when attacking, each character will have a different way of attacking the enemy and the enemy willl respond to each characters attack differently. 

Eg: Sword character needs to attack the enemy but its huge (think collosses style scaling here). When using a physical attack the animation will be you jumping onto one of his arms and running up towards his face and cutting him there.Now this can be done using a god of war style button cue presses or set to automatic, but setting to automatic will give a chance of  failing and the attack being blocked/dodged completely.

Now the character can hit certain parts of the enemy's body (vagrant story parasite eve) thus a different animation is created, then leading to different button presses. 

Another thing is that two characters can use combination attacks (this has been done.. i think) 

Eg: Warrior  + Archer = Warrior can lunge the archer in the air,following that the archer will rain down arrows against the enemy (once again, those God War button q's kick in, also the player will have a choice of what type of attack will be done while in mid air, timer set in place maybe?) 

Thats what leave for now. i got alot more details in my head, but this sounds more like a boss type battle system as i cant figure out a proper way of using it for normal random battles.

Also, from what my friends tell me, it seems to demand too much from what consoles are capable of. Thus i rely on the PS3. since its full potential has yet to be reached.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

It's just Legend of Dragoon with god of war style QTE for bosses

and that last line bothers me...

Phaseshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Phaseshift
@Doctorchimp said:
" It's just Legend of Dragoon with god of war style QTE for bosses  and that last line bothers me... "
yeah lol, looking at games like god of war 3 and uncharted 2 its pretty plain to see the ps3 has hit the top of its game. Seriously those games are graphical marvels :p
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

And the combo thing you have posted with the warrior and archer is in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By harinosho

just so i can understand. you would not want to see these things in an RPG? 

also, i wasn't talking about graphic capabilities i was mentioning processing capabilities. But it seems you guys already placed a limit on what the ps3 is capable of graphic wise. I still say there's alot more the ps3 can do, we just dont know it yet.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Uh... Right. Well, there have been combination attack in RPGs since Phantasy Star 4 and Chrono Trigger. It's been done. The style of having a timing element to attacks has been around since Mario RPG. These are good elements that make RPGs more engaging, but they are far from new.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho
@Phaseshift said:
" @Doctorchimp said:
" It's just Legend of Dragoon with god of war style QTE for bosses  and that last line bothers me... "
yeah lol, looking at games like god of war 3 and uncharted 2 its pretty plain to see the ps3 has hit the top of its game. Seriously those games are graphical marvels :p "
Oh my, I appear to have walked into an infomercial.