Same emails on Bombcast and Beastcast?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Ginormous76

Is anyone else annoyed when somebody has their email read on BOTH the Bombcast AND Beastcast? This week it was the guy with his 5 year predictions. I feel like this happened the previous week too and I know it has happened in the past. I have written into both podcasts and left many messages for the Aftermath and have never been read once.

Ok, done complaining. Carry on.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

yes. and ill raise you- all email sections on all podcasts are crutches used to fill space.

DOWN WITH ALL EMAILS!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mellotronrules: I'm fine with them being in there, i usually just bail out at that point.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don’t listen anymore...never missed an episode of either coast, starting with Arrow Pointing Down, but I’m 6 weeks into a break and totally at peace with it.

When I did listen...yeah. I sent in a handful over the years and, had more read than not, but something about sending the same generic e-mail to both shows (and maybe other shows) just seems lazy. I always tried to tailor mine for whichever crew I e-mailed, personally.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It doesn't help that the sorts of e-mails that fill this criteria are absolutely brain dead

"So what's the best thing to get at Sonics? I have 11 dollars and my nearby Outback Steakhouse is dirty as hell. BTW don't you think microtransactions are bad? Okay peace"

It's always Americans

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By htr10

I feel like there was a thread about this not that long ago. I mentioned in that thread that I’m pretty sure I’ve heard questions that pulled the trifecta (Bombcast, Beastcast, Waypoint).

Hey, it’s not the best, but I guess Jeff Bakalar would say “get some real problems”.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

it's almost as annoying as titles that force you to click into the thread to figure out what it's about ;)

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

jarp12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody has their email read on BOTH the Bombcast AND Beastcast? This week it was the guy with his 5 year predictions. I feel like this happened the previous week too and I know it has happened in the past. I have written into both podcasts and left many messages for the Aftermath and have never been read once.

I was driving back from Disneyland with my brother today and we listened to the Beast and then Bombcast on the drive back up and I shouted, FOUL!!

Although for this one I was actually interested in both of the crews opinions on the topic.

In other emails if it's like what is your favorite condiment or some shit and they email both crews that's very unnecessary.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh you know they're not comparing notes to not answer questions the other addressed that week. It's just not going to happen and it will definitely occur again.

Then again I just skip the email sections entirely now. It's starting to sound like, "Reddit threads brought to you by Audible".

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#12 sweep  Moderator

Deliberately vague thread titles are subject to change.

You should send this question to both the bombcast and beastcast and see what happens.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

This week was especially bad because the email wasn't very interesting.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best e-mails are always the ones that introduce some ludicrous scenario, or ask a stupid opinion from a crew that can then juggle that into a stupid bit. I don't consider it some sort of valuable time investment anyway. Bring some silliness.

Kaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really mind since they'll result in different conversations, but I do slightly roll my eyes at the person sending the email. It seems (very slightly) desperate at just getting your email read as opposed to asking a question to a set of people. The shotgun method vs. the targeted sniper.

If Giant Bomb would like to avoid this, I think it could easily be done though. Either by Abby listening to the entire Bombcast (which seems like an inefficient use of time for this), or by Brad just sending a list of used emails to Abby. Assuming Brad pulls the emails before Abby, not sure when they do that. Though they might just not care as it does result in different answers.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the real question this raises for me is... Do the podcasts get so few emails these days that this can actually happen? That's a bit sad.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff has specifically said he dislikes when people do this, but people will continue to do it until the crew actually act on it.

I generally don't like it happening.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the questions are truly that bad and you'd rather have them discuss something else, be the change that you want to see and start sending in some good mail! Suddenly the chance of a bad email being discussed twice is lower and the chance of a good email segment improves!

stickdutra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you like some drama huh?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#22 FinalDasa  Moderator

It created two different discussions and I found both to be worth listening to.

I'd rather hear unique questions on both podcasts, but it doesn't send me into a tizzy. They often talk about the same games, news, and stories, but that doesn't give me irate palpitations.

It happens.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mellotronrules

@joedangerous said:

Then again I just skip the email sections entirely now. It's starting to sound like, "Reddit threads brought to you by Audible".

100%. emails are contrived pax panel questions without the nervous voices and immediate public shaming.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rigas

Its 100% bullshit. There was a huge wave of it a few years ago I thought it stopped. If you want to double-dip at least pretend to rephrase the question instead of just CC the other podcast on the email. The most recent one to the Beastcast couldn't even be bothered to change the salutation from Bombcast.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Is anyone else annoyed when somebody has their email read on BOTH the Bombcast AND Beastcast? This week it was the guy with his 5 year predictions. I feel like this happened the previous week too and I know it has happened in the past. I have written into both podcasts and left many messages for the Aftermath and have never been read once.

I came here to complain about the same thing. Not only did this guy send his email to both the Bombcast and the Beastcast, it was also absolutely garbage. Nearly every single damn prediction they made was so bad it didn't even warrant a 1/5.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it's annoying... end of the day it's on the staff to spot these things or work together in some way to identify the same email going to both mailboxes. Can't rely on randoms on the internet to do their job for them.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Unless I'm misreading the OP, it sounds like you did the exact same thing in sending the same email to both podcasts so are you just upset that yours wasn't read? I don't really expect them to coordinate in picking emails since its so minor, I'd much prefer if people just don't send the same email to both crews.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Ginormous76

@imhungry said:

Unless I'm misreading the OP, it sounds like you did the exact same thing in sending the same email to both podcasts so are you just upset that yours wasn't read? I don't really expect them to coordinate in picking emails since its so minor, I'd much prefer if people just don't send the same email to both crews.

No, I email the podcast that I feel is most relevant. I was saying that I have written into both, not that I sent the same email to both.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

I think when we realize that the same questions has been asked and answered twice the community should be entitled to invoke the D&D Spell Vicious Mockery. All podcast participants receive -1d4 psychic damage.

icoangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always makes me think I have already listened to the podcast already when this happens as I am never paying 100% attention, it is a trip.

As others said its more that the questions are bad that really sucks, but there are rarely interesting emails read anyway so I just zone out.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

Don't worry, chief. This one kind of sorts itself out in the end...