This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RedCricketChase (443 posts) -

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (15842 posts) -

This is not an appropriate thread for a video game forum and will not end well.

#3 Posted by nickux (1383 posts) -

inb4 mods.

also, hell yes gay marriage!

#4 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

In the site redesign, they better make polls flagable or I'm going to be upset.

#6 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

#7 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

Only if I get to come and have some of the free cake.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5326 posts) -

My god. What have I witness.....

#9 Posted by Spoonman671 (4558 posts) -

There's no, "Do not give a fuck," option.

#10 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

Isn't this really something more suited to the off-topic area?

#11 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

I say we abolish all legal definitions of marriage. Go get married in a church if you want, but that's between you and your pastor. The idea of different laws existing for single and married people is bananas.

(I'm for same sex marriage, technically)

#12 Posted by Conformunist (105 posts) -

Also, yeah, gay marriage is fine by me.

#13 Posted by familyphotoshoot (653 posts) -

Let the churches decide what a marriage is if it's so fucking important to God. Government should fuck off on the subject.

People should be able to name whoever they want for "spousal/partner/whatever the fuck the politically correct term for the person you fuck on a regular basis" benefits at their employer.

#14 Posted by Muerthoz (347 posts) -

At least it didn't start off with, "Which of the Gaintbomb staff..."

#15 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

Let's not beat around the bush and get to the real issues here

What are your thoughts on penguin sweaters?

#16 Posted by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

I will care about same-sex marriage if I am allowed to marry myself. Until then, I will stay out of it and be completely neutral.

#17 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
#18 Posted by gamefreak9 (2344 posts) -

Well I think the government should intervene to make sure gays have the same rights and gain the tax benefits or w/e but the church should not really be involved, if they want to lock out gay's from their customs, that's fine, lots of customs lock people out, like Muslims have all men events and shit. So against the cultural gay marriage(unless the position of the church changes), but for the legal one.

#19 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

#20 Posted by tallTuck94 (553 posts) -

It's insulting to even bring up the question. There's no doubt It should be allowed.

#21 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Gifs are gonna ruin this site.

#22 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -
#23 Posted by ajamafalous (11848 posts) -
@TheVeteran13 said:

Against! Why do penguins need sweaters anyway? They already live in naturally cold conditions just fine!
#24 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@Gabriel said:

Gifs are gonna ruin this site.

#25 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

There is one acceptable answer to this question: Yes, it's fine and should be allowed.

#26 Edited by QuantumPilot (86 posts) -

.......videos games. Also all marriage is evil!!!

#27 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

If individual religions want to bar it, that's their right, but legally they should absolutely be allowed to marry and it should be called a marriage with everything that entails.

#28 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

@Landon said:

Ooooooh.

#29 Posted by NeVeRMoRe666 (268 posts) -

I think John Stewart said it best:

"I originally opposed gay marriage, until I found out that it wasn't mandatory"

#30 Edited by believer258 (11633 posts) -

Eh, whatever, it is absolutely none of my concern.

In the meantime, "your thoughts on same-sex marriage" seems to be code for "post your favorite gif (s)" and I plan on doing just that. Gotta track it down first.

#31 Posted by RazielCuts (2928 posts) -

Ah biased opinion polls, how I have missed thee.

#32 Posted by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

I don't care about marriage whatsoever but if gay people want to ruin their lives too I say let em.

#33 Posted by JoeyRavn (4948 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@TheVeteran13 said:

Against! Why do penguins need sweaters anyway? They already live in naturally cold conditions just fine!

On the other hand, those are pretty cool sweaters, dude.

And, yes, same-sex marriage should be as legal as "traditional" marriage. If someone from any sort of religious or moral group thinks its wrong, then they are free to not get married with a person of their same sex. To think that in the 21th Century countries still allow a religious institution to make their rules is unbelievable...

#34 Posted by Toxeia (728 posts) -

I'm something of a combination of these:

@Spoonman671 said:

@tallTuck94 said:

It's insulting to even bring up the question. There's no doubt It should be allowed.

But more the former. I'm tired of this having to be such a big deal. I'm tired of how EVERYTHING has to be politicized and turned into a big god damned deal. Let them do it, I don't give a damn. At the same time, let me be a bigot and an asshole and laugh at two dudes holding hands.

#35 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
#36 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@TheVeteran13 said:

It's people like you who are holding back the advancement of penguins in society. It is so wrong that penguins only make 7/10 of a fish for every 1 a seal does.

www.penguinfrequency.com

#37 Edited by believer258 (11633 posts) -

@Toxeia said:

I'm something of a combination of these:

@Spoonman671 said:

@tallTuck94 said:

But more the former. I'm tired of this having to be such a big deal. I'm tired of how EVERYTHING has to be politicized and turned into a big god damned deal. Let them do it, I don't give a damn. At the same time, let me be a bigot and an asshole and laugh at two dudes holding hands.

This guy gets it. I don't give a fuck until a good joke comes out of it, and then once I'm done laughing I will continue not giving a fuck.

Before someone gets all riled up about jokes at the expense of another group, stop yourself and ask if you've ever laughed at a joke made at someone's expense. You haven't? Well, then, here, you get to cast this stone first.

#38 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

@GentlemanlyGentleman said:

@Landon said:

Ooooooh.

OH MY GOD! That's awesome, I've never seen pencils being made. Now I can watch them being made FOREVER.

#39 Posted by falserelic (5326 posts) -

@TheVeteran13 said:

Those penguins gets no love from me...

#40 Edited by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Can't think of a better place for this discussion to occur than the Giant Bomb forum.

Oh wait, yes I can.

#41 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

I really don't care either way.

#42 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

I voted yes.

I always shake my head at how much difficulty the United States is still having over establishing the standards for "separation of church and state" 200 years later.

#43 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

But seriously, people can do whatever they want, as long as they are happy and not hurting others.

#44 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

I like how you ended the thread title with a colon, like you're horse_ebooks or something. Seriously though,

#45 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Okay, I'm shutting this down. There might have been the potential for proper discussion of this issue, but the majority of this thread is users posting random image files or making posts unrelated to the issue at hand. It's even devolved into people taking the homophobic view that it's okay to mock gay people. This is exactly why we say that those people starting threads should actually write something to get the conversation rolling sensibly in the first place. Well done guys.