Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Systech

Former EGM Columnist Brings His Unique Brand Of Humor and Insight Back To

Electronic Gaming Monthly and EGM[i]: The Digital Magazine

December 4, 2009 - Beverly Hills, CA  –Sean Reiley, better known by the nickname “Seanbaby”, has entered into an agreement to rejoin Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine and bring his infamous column “Rest of the Crap” back to the print and digital pages of the new EGM.

“It’s great to have Seanbaby adding his special perspective to the magazine,” said Steve Harris, Publisher of the new Electronic Gaming Monthly. “Fans of his humorous commentary have asked me about his return to the pages of EGM since the first day I acquired the rights. Seanbaby provides a very different angle on the gaming community and its one that I’m pleased to see return to the pages of both our print and digital versions.”

In addition to contributing to both EGM and the 1UP’s popular “Broken Pixels” program, Seanbaby has also written for the comedy show “The Adventures of Chico and Guapo” on MTV and the online humor magazine Cracked. He also maintains the website that bears his moniker www.SeanBaby.com.

“It’s great to return to EGM,” Seanbaby said. “Although the games they make me play are legally considered torture by the Geneva Convention. In fact, I think ‘That's So Raven 2: Supernatural Style’ for the Gameboy Advance is now on the cover of most of their torture documents.”

The EGM[i] interactive interface will let us build upon the Seanbaby’s past contributions in new ways that include video, audio, and other extensions,” continued Harris. “His involvement is just the first of many high-profile contributions from past writers and personalities that will soon be announced.”

This is way too surreal to actually be happening. I think the new EGM is really shaping up to be something special. Anyone else here excited for his return?
Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Yup. Should be interesting. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, what does this mean for his Cracked.com column?

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By apathylad

I was listening to the CAGcast the other day about EGM being brought back, and their feelings were that it will fail because printed magazines in general are not doing well. I do think it's impressive that they are bringing back familiar names, but I'm not sure if this wil be enough to make the magazine last.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Korone

Isn't it just an online thing?

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AltonBrown

Seanbaby is at his best when writing about shitty games. That's all there is to it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Korone said:
" Isn't it just an online thing? "
No, it's going to be a magazine, but it's been said that it will be different than any other with aspects that integrate the internet and stuff.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_

Seanbaby is the man. I don't even know his real name. Or like 1UP. But Seanbaby is the man.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Korone
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Korone said:
" Isn't it just an online thing? "
No, it's going to be a magazine, but it's been said that it will be different than any other with aspects that integrate the internet and stuff. "
Oh, okay.

Anyway, this is pretty rad.
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
"CBS Hand-Jobs, World Championship."
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MeierTheRed

Damn thats sweet.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AltonBrown
@Jayge: His name is Sean Reiley.
JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By JCGamer

This new EGM is sounding pretty sweet.  Hopefully, they will focus on more in-depth looks at games/making of games and not get bogged down with a bunch of crappy games that no one who reads EGM would care about (kind of like the focus here at Giantbomb).

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pazy

EGM is shaping up to be something awesome. Though I would have to say I never read the original, I remember seeing it as a kid but I was never really a magazine reader as such (though my brothers would sometimes get Games Master and I would read the reviews sometimes) but even I have a lot of love for EGM for some reason. Although I worry that the first issue will include a lot of explanation as to why they are back, what they aim to do and such but it wont come to the UK (in the shops at least) and I dont know where (or if) you can subscribe. Id love to subscribe day one though (though with all my money aimed at christmas its dubious if they let you subscribe now) but as soon as I can I want to see EGM.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By skrutop
@systech said:

This is way too surreal to actually be happening. I think the new EGM is really shaping up to be something special. Anyone else here excited for his return? 

I really liked EGM, but the new incarnation sounds like it's shaping up to be the same thing as the old one, which folded.  So how is this supposed to work?
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Illmatic

I could've sworn that most of the old staff was completely down on the idea of EGM reviving, especially after losing their jobs at 1up. It must've been one hell of a pitch they got to agree to it now.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By teptom
@Video_Game_King said:
" Wait, what does this mean for his Cracked.com column? "
I'm sure he'll still be writing it, since the others Harris has picked up will still be doing Bitmob and CO-OP.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

So they fired everyone...just to rehire them? 

Fucking stupid! 

Glad to see the old crew is coming back to EGM, though.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By maxszy
@jakob187 said:
" So they fired everyone...just to rehire them?  Fucking stupid!  Glad to see the old crew is coming back to EGM, though. "
UGO or whoever bought Ziff (I think it was UGO) let go of the whole EGM department and magazine. The EGM now isn't owned by UGO anymore.

I don't know about this return. I think its really cool, but print media really is (very sadly) going by the wayside. I think i'll subscribe to this new EGM to see what they do but if they were to do a big online site, and bring all the personalities together there would be a more prosperous time.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iam3green

i use to read EGM when i was younger. the only time i saw seanbaby was on attack of the show one time.