Share your Windows 8 start screen

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mendelson9

I have been enjoying Windows 8 on my gaming PC and would like to see how others are organizing the start screen.

No Caption Provided

Right now I have Win8 apps in one section and all installed games in another. Going to get rid of most of the apps that don't update in the background after I am done messing around with them. I don't like how programs have small icons and you can't change the tile without installing a 3rd party tool. I think i'll try this to add my full tile icons but I don't want to use it yet until I know it's bug free. Example + Metro UI Dock Icon Pack

I love the updating tiles in Win8. I will probably never click on any but it's nice to hit the Windows key and see some quick email, news, and weather info. Searching programs in the new start screen is instant, before on Win7 it took a couple seconds to search. I wish search included control panel and files on one window.

Pro tip: Win + Print Screen will save a screenshot to your picture folder.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I've seen and know nothing about Windows 8, so I gotta ask, what the fuck is that? Is that the desktop or something?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

.....I'll stick with 7 if that's what I would have to look at

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Mendelson9

@SomeDeliCook said:

I've seen and know nothing about Windows 8, so I gotta ask, what the fuck is that? Is that the desktop or something?

That is what happens when you hit the Windows key on the keyboard. The desktop has not changed except there is no start button on the bottom left anymore. Jeff did a quick look of it a couple months ago.

WEB_War4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WEB_War4

I like small sections. I also like that the start menu button preview changes with your layout:

No Caption Provided