Site questionnaire made me question reality!

• 58 results
kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I accepted the site questionnaire only to be hit with a question.... "is a hamburger a sandwich?" .... no?? (Also who is the best anime editor Made me laugh ha!!)

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By splodge

It's wasn't best anime editor, it was True anime editor. There is a significant difference. And it's Brad. It's always been Brad and always be Brad. I will have a physical altercation with anyone who disagrees. VIOLENT CRIME!!!!

Edit - also a hamburger is not a sandwich. It is one level above sandwich.

wolfskind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By wolfskind

Props to whoever designed this questionnaire; having some short and funny questions from time to time made it way easier for me to finish it.

And no, hamburger =/= sandwich.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is there a URL? I accidentally and instinctually clicked close on the popup before realising my mistake.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yea it's great that even a survey on this site can make me laugh.

I agree a hamburger is not a sandwich. Brad is the one true anime editor. Also I feel like the "There's not enough swearing on the site" one is to settle some kind of internal debate, there's always room for more swearing.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

It loaded to slow for me. Clicked Forum just as it started to appear and now I can't get it back.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I feel like the "There's not enough swearing on the site" one is to settle some kind of internal debate, there's always room for more swearing.

The real problem here was the lack of a "tralse" option though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

If you didn't vote Brad as the True Anime Editor your survery was discarded because you have not been paying attention.

I also loved the part where I could vote that I wanted the site content to be "less family friendly". I did that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hamburger is a type of sandwich. What is wrong with you people.

And Jason is the real senpai.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By frytup

Brad is the one true sandwich.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Sessh

It's Brad and no, a hamburger still is not (and will never be) a sandwich.

Also I want all the fucking swearing I can get!

And I want a new Breaking Brad. (Everyone not writing that in the "why did you rate Giant Bomb x?" field is wrong.)

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By gundogan

I don't know, but I really enjoyed playing Bio Engineer in Too Human.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Berserk007

Anything between 2 pieces of bread is a fucking sandwich, yes even hotdogs.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Answering the questionnaire made me realise that I could be classified as a damn stalker with the amount of content I consume on this site...

Deadstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I answered the questions but I forgot to say that the site navigation is horrendous. The video content needs to be organized in a MUCH better way. Try finding videos from a few e3s ago, good luck using the search bar. I wish you could tag videos based on an event or the type that it is and then only see those videos in an organized way. I don't need a thumbnail taking up space, give me the option to hide that and give me a list of videos so I can find the one I want. The whole system is just a mess. There's so much great content on here but it's too hard to find unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Brad is, was and will always be the anime editor. A hamburger is without a shade of a doubt a sandwich. How could it not be? It's meat/a substitute + whatever you choose to dress it with literally sandwiched between two pieces of bread. That's an open and shut case. A tuna melt is no less a sandwich because its ingredients are treated specifically and it has its own name. I believe this with my whole heart and it is clearly very important business.

The swearing question was a little weird. Just another goof or a legitimate concern somebody, somewhere has?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadstar said:

I answered the questions but I forgot to say that the site navigation is horrendous. The video content needs to be organized in a MUCH better way. Try finding videos from a few e3s ago, good luck using the search bar. I wish you could tag videos based on an event or the type that it is and then only see those videos in an organized way. I don't need a thumbnail taking up space, give me the option to hide that and give me a list of videos so I can find the one I want. The whole system is just a mess. There's so much great content on here but it's too hard to find unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Or you use the qlcrew website. They should just buy that website and implement its functionality into GB. Most importantly if you view a stream with multiple games (like every Unprofessional Fridays) you can't see what games are in it or the timestamps. I get that this site is personality driven, but I would like to know what games are in a video before I view it, or at least have the option. I like some content more than other and I especially am not interested in watching footage of a story-driven game I know I'm planning to play, so being to navigate around that would be a huge upgrade.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. I voted for Jeff being the one true anime editor. He is the only person on staff that owns both Gal Guns and DOAX3.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hamburger is not a sandwhich. I chose to answer the anime editor with the one guy who actually cares about anime, namely Jason. Man, anime sucks.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@deadstar said:

Or you use the qlcrew website. They should just buy that website and implement its functionality into GB. Most importantly if you view a stream with multiple games (like every Unprofessional Fridays) you can't see what games are in it or the timestamps. I get that this site is personality driven, but I would like to know what games are in a video before I view it, or at least have the option. I like some content more than other and I especially am not interested in watching footage of a story-driven game I know I'm planning to play, so being to navigate around that would be a huge upgrade.

It is absurd that the workaround for 'this site feature is broken' is 'use this other third-party site that does it better.'

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't even a conscious decision for me to vote Brad as True Anime Editor.

Irish87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hamburgers = Sandwiches.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Is there an url to this? I didn't get the pop up.

Got the pop up eventually.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irish87 said:

Hamburgers = Sandwiches.

It is obviously true that hamburgers are sandwiches and that Brad is the True Anime Editor.

I honestly assumed those questions were there so the survey could discard the results of crazy people who think that just because the filling of a sandwich happens to be a beef patty it is suddenly not a sandwich (through magic? I don't even know) or have some crazy view about DAN being the True Anime Editor.

Did Brad get fired/retire or announce a job change within the site? No. So how could anyone but him be the True Anime Editor? It doesn't make sense.

TakyonDG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please God let everyone answer that the new video player is important. So funny to hear Jeff blow up Flash's spot when the site still uses it. Must be frustrating for him and the crew, hopefully it makes the docket for things to do soon.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A hamburger is 100% a sandwich. I chose Jeff as the Anime editor, just to see if they were paying attention, because it's totally Brad. I was hoping when I selected Jeff, it would reprimand me for a wrong answer, but ,alas, it did not.

The site needs WAY MORE SWEARING, and far less family friendly content!!!

And, when asked why I rated Giantbomb so highly, I responded with " because it hella rips!!!!!"

stratofarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By stratofarius

I accidentally closed the questionnaire in the middle. How do I get it open again?

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A hamburger is a particular under the genus of sandwich; fight me, I'm a Realist.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frytup

@takyondg said:

Please God let everyone answer that the new video player is important. So funny to hear Jeff blow up Flash's spot when the site still uses it. Must be frustrating for him and the crew, hopefully it makes the docket for things to do soon.

You can just select HTML5 in the current the player, you know.

My priority would be moving beyond 720p. I know Jeff has said this is expensive, but if we're compiling a wish list it should be there.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@frytup said:
@takyondg said:

You can just select HTML5 in the current the player, you know.

My priority would be moving beyond 720p. I know Jeff has said this is expensive, but if we're compiling a wish list it should be there.

I voted for the new video player for sure. I know there's obstacles to overcome there that are still outside their influence (especially when it comes to Flash, but even if you choose HTML5 the player can suffer), but anything that could be done to help keep framerates for videos high would be great.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aethelred

There are other Too Human classes besides Berserker?

Deadstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Deadstar

The video player is messed up in firefox for me. It always starts hitching whether it's html5 or flash. I use youtube whenever possible because it fixes the issue but the premium content isn't on youtube so I have to keep restarting my browser.

For me, the absolute top two things that need to be improved are:

1. Video search functionality and tagging
2. The video player
3. The video quality. I'm rocking a 1440p monitor now and these 720ps just aren't cutting it anymore

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest. I said Berserker because I like that class just slightly more than Bio Engineer. Also I had to read the name of the game twice because I didn't think anyone spoke of that game any longer... I have too many hours logged on that game.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aethelred said:

I'll be honest. I said Berserker because I like that class just slightly more than Bio Engineer. Also I had to read the name of the game twice because I didn't think anyone spoke of that game any longer... I have too many hours logged on that game.

I answered "not even in the game yet" because I think if Denis Dyack doesn't know then who would?

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading the old threads about Too Human, I think I mixed up Defender and Berserker. Berserker is the class that dies all the time because of no defense.

Let me take the test again!

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a card board cut-out of Dan Ryckert now.

Anthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the link to the survey?

TViddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TViddy

I had to Google what a tchotchke was.

JJ_FIGGY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything between 2 pieces of bread is a fucking sandwich, yes even hotdogs.

Lets not get too crazy now.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent more time pondering that 'One True Anime Editor' question than I'd care to admit.

Bio-engineer is obviously the best Too Human Class, but I admit I'm working with shaky memories.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah, show of hands. How many people here actually played Too Human?

. . . (I did).

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the important questions.

For the one true anime editor. I know the answer is Brad but I choose Jason. He deserves the title and must overthrow Brad to take his rightful place.

My favorite too human class isn't in the game yet. It's that any hoe killa.

Hamburgers are not sandwiches. I get how you could be confused here. I ran the DNA analysis and I can tell you this a a case of convergent evolution. The humble sandwich evolve when bread grew meat and vegetable like organs in side itself. While the hamburger evolve from the hamburger steak which evolved bun like appendages.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Is a hamburger a sandwich?

Yes.

- Who's the True Anime Editor of Giant Bomb?

Brad

- Is there too much swearing on Giant Bomb?

No

- What's your favorite class in Too Human?

"It hasn't been announced, yet."

- Dennis Dyack

(Although, I played Defender for more than 200 hours. The only way to minimize overly long Valkyrie ascensions.)

- What changes would you like to see on Giant Bomb?

Higher resolution videos. Higher resolution videos. Higher resolution videos.

These are the answers to the survey, if anyone was interested in a study guide. I've been majoring in Giant Bomb since its inception, and am fully versed in Arrow Pointing Down, if anyone questions my credentials. Online courses are also available.

Gafgarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for some more merchandise. It asked me what kind of merchandise. I selected the "Life-sized cardboard cutout of Dan Ryckert", of course.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I asked for the video and article content to be less family-friendly.

Also, according to a 1960s McDonald's ad, hamburgers ARE sandwiches.

Bonsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to one "Wikipedia" a hamburger is a sandwich!

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sandwich

[sand-wich, san-]

noun

1. two or more slices of bread or the like with a layer of meat, fish,cheese, etc., between each pair.

I think by definition a hamburger is a type of sandwich.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadstar said:

While i agree (and did answer it in the survey), it isn't hard to look for videos for an event. If you want a video from E3 2013 for example, just go to the video section of the concept page.

http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2013/3015-7534/videos/