#1 Edited by mordukai (7153 posts) -

You guys remember how much fun the 3DO TNT was? No?! Here's a reminder.

How about they delve further into gaming history and do an Atari 2600 TNT. I bet the guys will have tons of fun doing that.

Games they could play:

Combat - The king of Atari MP.

Warlords - For some 4P mayhem.

Defender - I probably wasted 3/4 of my early childhood on that game.

Yars' Revenge - That game is my bane and forever will be.

Pac-Man - A must for any Atari catalog.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - Infamous among games but a must for TNT.

Pitfall - Also a must.

Galaxian - Also a favorite of mine.

I'm sure I left out many. What are some of your choices for an Atari 2600 TNT?

#2 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I'm sure that will come, but I think they will do a Super Famicon style TNT due to Ryans collection. I personally want a NES TNT.

#3 Posted by Mijati (922 posts) -

Haven't they done an Atari 2600 live stream? Last year around this time too iirc. Gary bought in a copy of Halo 2600

#4 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

@Mijati said:

Haven't they done an Atari 2600 live stream? Last year around this time too iirc. Gary bought in a copy of Halo 2600

Really? I don't usually watch the live streams.

#5 Posted by Mijati (922 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@Mijati said:

Haven't they done an Atari 2600 live stream? Last year around this time too iirc. Gary bought in a copy of Halo 2600

Really? I don't usually watch the live streams.

Last year on the last day in the office before the christmas break. They played some 2600 games and then some Saturn games too. I think it might have been a premium stream however.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11994 posts) -

Sure, I'd be up for that. I'd prefer a C64 stream though.

#7 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

I just want to see them fuck around in the Far Cry 3 editor and make something crazy awesome.

#8 Posted by Fattony12000 (7460 posts) -

SPECTRUMSTREAM.DLX

#9 Posted by Krataur (366 posts) -

As long as there's also some Slot Racers multiplayer action and Midnight Magic Pinball. Air-Sea Battle, Breakout, Asteroid, Centipede, Berzerk, and Pole Position would also be appreciated.

#10 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11800 posts) -

They totally did an 2600/Saturn stream last year, and as a person born after the fall of communism, I couldn't help but be simultaneously bored and fascinated by the whole affair. Really though, I'm up for any sort of lengthy retro game stream, as those are always great. Especially when they're dicking around with objectively terrible old SNES games or something.

#11 Posted by CornBREDX (5386 posts) -

I grew up with and played an atari 2600 for years. So hopefully you do not think me mean by saying this, but I do not think a fully Atari 2600 marathon is all that interesting or very fun to watch.  
FMV games, on the other hand are always fun to watch. 
 
Maybe a mix of Atari 2600 and NES and master system or something like that. Low Bit consoles. 
Atari 2600 alone would really drag. 
 
And also yes they have done 2600 before. I think at this point they have done most consoles.

#12 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

@Mijati said:

@mordukai said:

@Mijati said:

Haven't they done an Atari 2600 live stream? Last year around this time too iirc. Gary bought in a copy of Halo 2600

Really? I don't usually watch the live streams.

Last year on the last day in the office before the christmas break. They played some 2600 games and then some Saturn games too. I think it might have been a premium stream however.

Any chance this is archived somewhere? I did not know this happened. I don't recall seeing this on the video list.

#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

No because those are usually only fun for about 20 minutes before they get old.

#15 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

@HarlechQuinn: Thank you! You saved my Friday.

#16 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

I would be happy with another retro holiday live stream. Some of my favourite stuff on the site is the retro bits. An Atari one would be good but I think a bit more variety would be better.