So like wwdc is weeks away but Iphone 5 just got Unveiled

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By endless_void

So my sister was watching Justin bieber's new video this morning and from the corner of my eye I see that they are showing some sort of device which looked like an Iphone. I look alittle closer and notice it has a ridiculously small bezel and the video clearly was designed to show this new iphone off as they keep panning around it for like 10 seconds. The antenna design of the current Iphones is still present and seeable and it looks like the device may be getting rid of the home button altogether.. wwdc is also in just a few weeks. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GuqB1BQVr4

goto 00:20 in the video.

EDIT: probably editing nvm

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mnzy
@endless_void said:
So my sister was watching Justin bieber's new video this morning and from the corner of my eye I see..
Yea, right.
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By endless_void

@mnzy: rofl, anyway I'm not trolling go watch the video it has to be Iphone 5.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Hate to break it to you but that looks like someone took a phone case, painted one side green and composited footage on top because that's how production works.

I don't think we'll see a phone at WWDC. Maybe the future of iOS but it seems premature for a phone.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By endless_void

@MikkaQ said:

Hate to break it to you but that looks like someone took a phone case, painted one side green and composited footage on top because that's how production works.

I don't think we'll see a phone at WWDC. Maybe the future of iOS but it seems premature for a phone.

I'm not sure man it just seems alittle weird they'd do that o.o Why not just keep the original screen? Or why use an apple product specifically?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

@endless_void said:

@MikkaQ said:

I'm not sure man it just seems alittle weird they'd do that o.o Why not just keep the original screen? Or why use an apple product specifically?

Because filming a screen looks like shit on camera, so it's easier to make the fake phone a miniature green screen and just slap your video on it. As for the futuristic look, that's just the aesthetic of the video. Plus everyone tries to make everything look like an Apple product these days, they're the standard in hip industrial design.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By endless_void

@MikkaQ said:

@endless_void said:

@MikkaQ said:

Because filming a screen looks like shit on camera, so it's easier to make the fake phone a miniature green screen and just slap your video on it. As for the futuristic look, that's just the aesthetic of the video. Plus everyone tries to make everything look like an Apple product these days, they're the standard in hip industrial design.

Hm perhaps so. I just felt intrigued because months back there was an image on macrumors of basically the exact same looking screen.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

@endless_void: Maybe, but even if that was accurate, it would have been an early prototype and it would have undergone countless changes up until this point. Besides those images are 90% speculation. Especially when it comes to Apple. Few companies can keep secrets like they can.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By endless_void

@MikkaQ: To be fair they haven't kept any secret well past the Ipad announcement. Everything else got leaked beforehand. Getting alittle offtopic however.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By RazielCuts

@mnzy said:

@endless_void said:
So my sister was watching Justin bieber's new video this morning and from the corner of my eye I see..
Yea, right.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Sambambo

Judging by the fact that you thought this was the iPhone 5, I think it is safe to assume that it was infact you watching the Justin Bieber video.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

iPhone 6. Not 5...

1. iPhone
  2. iPhone 3G
  3. iPhone 3GS
  4. iPhone 4
  5. iPhone 4S
  6. iPhone 6
zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By zyn

@LiquidPrince said:

iPhone 6. Not 5...

1. iPhone
  2. iPhone 3G
  3. iPhone 3GS
  4. iPhone 4
  5. iPhone 4S
  6. iPhone 6

I agree on this naming scheme, but others... not so much.