So, what is your choice in terms of how the news will be served to you?

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By evilrazer
face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By face15

Grid view is better I think. It's just too long a list in the headline view.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ESREVER

I'm really digging the grid view. Everything is packed together neatly and organized. I don't much care for the long headline view reaching the bottom. Especially since I like to idle over the recent forums section and refresh every now and then. 

It would be grand if I could customize the UI a bit. Maybe I don't want to see the featured games and would like to see my friends' status updates instead. That's just me though.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I like the Headline View.  Getting a little snippet of info without clicking the link is nice.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AngriGhandi

Headline view. 
A grid implies organization-- but news isn't organized. It's a timeline. And arranging a timeline into a grid makes no sense.
If grid view was divided into rows by category-- newest reviews, newest previews, newest quick looks, etc-- then that would make sense.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JoeyRavn

I really don't know. On the one hand, I love being able to read a short paragraph describing said piece of news. On the other, the headline view is waaaay to long. The grid view is better, space-wise. Guess I'll use the headline view and try to get used to scrolling down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Anyone care to explain what the fuck this topic is even about? 

Edit: Ok, I see now. There is a choice between headline and grid view on the "Latest stories" bar.  

Grid view is silly.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TobbRobb

"The river".

The lake is just annoying to watch.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Axersia

C. Google Reader and the forums

clark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By clark

I'm a fan of the grid view over the list view. But as Axersia said, C. Google Reader.  

I do love the new front page. I'm even a little sad I won't see it very often (maybe i will now that its all sexy). Just much easier to use my reader. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Grid!

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By sparklykiss

Headline, most definitely. I like getting a brief peek of what it's all about. With the grid view, if the title is long, it's all smushed and doesn't seem to look very pretty or organized and that really rubs me the wrong way. Also like when my news is in some sort of easily identifiable chronological order. (Not to say that the grid doesn't make sense, it's just... It's not something I can stand to look at.) 

And considering that Dave made a mention that the social updates would be making a comeback, having the headlines stretch the page and having a slot there to the right just makes sense to me.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman

Headlines for me. I like that grid exists, but I prefer "the river" to "the lake". Plus headlines have the added benefit of telling you how many comments have been left on each item, which is always interesting at a glance.