So whats going on with the site

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Foreword - this isn't a "hey where is all the content!" thread

I understand that the gang has gathered together to produce some amazing game of the year content. I'm anxiously awaiting the fruits of their labor. That said, I wouldn't mind a bit of an update or maybe a schedule? This week has been pretty sparse for videos and you know I'm ok with that knowing that next week (or sometime?) there will be a ton of awesome podcasts and maybe some cool video segments. I simply would like to be "in the know" so to speak about what we can expect and maybe some broad timeline.

Paging @rorie or someone? I'm assuming there will be a Friday show tonight since there almost always is.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By cutyoface

They are recording the game of the year podcasts this week.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

All the videos and podcasts go up in the last week of the year. The schedule would include upcoming content once it has been done and processed, so right now they are in the midst of producing content and then they will plan a schedule for its release after it has been made, so we will start to see changes to the "upcoming" list in about two weeks?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4  Edited By fisk0

I think the entire site is kinda busted right now. One of the most recent quick looks (Rollers of the Realms) has disappeared, all the recent forum threads on the front page are several hours out of date and there's no schedule at all.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@fisk0: I kind of take the site being broken in some way at all times as a given. I simply wouldn't mind a small heads up with "hey we'll be busy working on stuff."

I guess they did mention it on the Bombcast but still.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

It'd at least be nice to know if there'll be an Unprofessional Fridays tonight.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@isomeri said:

It'd at least be nice to know if there'll be an Unprofessional Fridays tonight.

Always assume there will be unless they specifically state there won't be. The only weeks they ever don't do UPF, they're pretty good about saying it won't be happening or it'll be on another day, well in advance.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

They are still getting used to the new office.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I feel like this question always gets asked at the end of year and near E3.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's that time of the year again , GOTY month.And what other people said they are working on the Game of the Year stuff this week , so it's going to be slow.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#12  Edited By Slag

It's Game of the Year, It's time to celebrate!

The greatest games, 2014 is happenin'....

Loading Video...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Never really thought about it, but if you aren't used to the way the site works they do a pretty bad job of communicating the schedule for GOTY.

It'll be worth it and you'll be overloaded with stuff upon release. But yeah, an announcement on the site would be nice for newer visitors.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By wjb

This is why the Chrono Trigger ER was a good idea around this time.

I know Giant Bomb for the first three weeks of December is pretty much incapacitated with GOTY, but I sometimes feel like they could occasionally split their resources by doing other things here and there. I know there's only so many people, but it shouldn't have to be that way.

Last year, I was okay as long as they did something really cool and planned out like the 2012 fake-TV videos, but they didn't. They spent all that time and it was nothing but single-frame shots of Jeff and Brad on a couch "through the decades!" I know they were missing Ryan, but I was pretty disappointed with their lack of creativity.

ETA: Also, they are working adults who are lucky to get two weeks off for Christmas/New Year's, so I can only be so sympathetic.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As mentioned, the whole crew is there and probably locked in a room (or steel cage) doing GOTY stuff.

That said, the GB site has basically been on fire for weeks (has it been months?) now. So much jankiness. That said, they have done some good fixes lately for the stuff that was sitting broken, and are looking to hire another engineer.

Always expect a UPF! Every week, there is a thread asking if there will be one.

I was really hoping for a The Crew livestream when the game was released but I don't think a single person on the GB staff gives a shit about that game. C'est la vie!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of weird how they prerecord a bunch of stuff so there's content while they're all on vacation but that means there's barely anything while they're still working.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just worried about how bad Drew is going to be at MGS2 when they get back round to it.

God help us.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By jkz

On the Bombcast I'm fairly certain they said they'd have a live stream Wednesday and some metal gear. Could be they meant next week for that stuff though? Not sure. Hopefully we get something, but *shrug*, who knows man. Punctuality + GB don't really suit one another anyway.

Scb360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan confirmed that they was a ton of msg 2 coming with Drew on the bombast last week, tbh they're probably just loading a ton of content up so that they're covered over new year ready for 2015, also remember that Ryan used to organise it all, obviously with him no longer with us, it must be pretty tough to put everything together

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 FinalDasa  Moderator

News has been updating, videos/podcasts have gone up everyday, and they're all busy with GOTY stuff.

Content will always slow down towards the end of the year as games aren't released and the holidays approach.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Nothing. What... why? The site doesn't have a problem, man. The site can quit whenever it wants.

Aww, now the site feels awkward and self conscious.