So, Your Digital Games are YOURS, Are They?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Damn, I knew Ubisoft was terrible, but this is beyond the pale.

Well, seems that Ubi is cracking down on people buying games cheaper via 3rd parties, to the point where if you bought a key via 3rd parties, they're going to remove the game from your uPlay account!

Glad I bought that game physically on PS4, at least the Ubi people can't gin up a reason to snatch it from me...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

This is the third thread on this and it's the most misleading clickbaity title so far. Congrats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hahaha! G2A is the one attempting to compensate their customers and maintain PR. Ubisoft what are you even doooooiiiiiiinnnggggg???

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Vextroid

They were said to be fraudulent/stolen keys (at least with ones sold on G2A) Ubisoft are right in dealing with this. Customers who get caught in this should be angry at the seller and not Ubi.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By yukoasho

@vextroid said:

They were said to be fraudulent/stolen keys (at least with ones sold on G2A) Ubisoft are right in dealing with this. Customers who get caught in this should be angry at the seller and not Ubi.

Well, I'm certainly no fan of G2A (they gave me the WORST run-around when trying to get an XBL expansion off eBay. I had to file a claim just to get a refund after they refused to send me a code!). However, this is A) a he-said, she-said, and B) in no way the customer's fault. From my past experience, G2A is based in Poland, certainly there are laws there that Ubisoft can sue the pants off these people for instead of screwing people who just wanted to play the stupid game...

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I ever buy a stolen car or something I am totally going to tell the cop its not my fault so that I can keep the car.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By htr10

@corevi: Is it only the 3rd? It feels like the 10th at least and yeah, you're right, far and away the most misleading thread title. I came in here hoping for an insightful discussion of digital ownership rights.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@corevi said:

This is the third thread on this and it's the most misleading clickbaity title so far. Congrats.