Spaceships, Guns and Motorcycles, O My!

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By End_Boss

So today I decided to do something productive that also fell within both the game-o-sphere and blog-o-sphere in a Venn diagram kind of way. So off I toddled to the local Game Stop (sorry haters, it's all we've got) with unused copies of Battlefield: Bad Company and NHL '09 (both great games, by the way...) in tow. I already had it in mind to pick up the Platinum Hits edition of my beloved Mass Effect, since I've been without a copy for far too long and this expansion-pack-included, $20 dollar bargoon isjust too good to pass up. I was even more pleased when I didn't have to pay a nickle for it and was able to pre-order both Resident Evil 5 (which I only did on recommendation... The AI in that game looks mad retarded) and Halo Wars (new Halo 3 map pack GET) at the same time.

Such was my jubilation that I floundered around the store for a little longer, looking for something to blow my money on. I had been wanting to play the Lost and the Damned since I first heard of it, but sadly my GTA IV game disc had long since moved on to greener pastures. So that copy on the shelf was awful tempting...

Roughly $80 bucks, a new copy of GTA IV and a 1600 MS Point card later, I'm waiting for the download bar to slowly creep across the screen whilst guiding Commander Shepard through his initial adventure.

What's the point of all of this mumbo jumbo gobbledeygook, you ask? Well, I plan on (key word: plan) writing about my experiences both amongst the stars and the not so stellar inhabitants of Liberty City up to their inevitably awesome conclusions. Wish me luck, and I hope you enjoy the read(s).

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By End_Boss

So today I decided to do something productive that also fell within both the game-o-sphere and blog-o-sphere in a Venn diagram kind of way. So off I toddled to the local Game Stop (sorry haters, it's all we've got) with unused copies of Battlefield: Bad Company and NHL '09 (both great games, by the way...) in tow. I already had it in mind to pick up the Platinum Hits edition of my beloved Mass Effect, since I've been without a copy for far too long and this expansion-pack-included, $20 dollar bargoon isjust too good to pass up. I was even more pleased when I didn't have to pay a nickle for it and was able to pre-order both Resident Evil 5 (which I only did on recommendation... The AI in that game looks mad retarded) and Halo Wars (new Halo 3 map pack GET) at the same time.

Such was my jubilation that I floundered around the store for a little longer, looking for something to blow my money on. I had been wanting to play the Lost and the Damned since I first heard of it, but sadly my GTA IV game disc had long since moved on to greener pastures. So that copy on the shelf was awful tempting...

Roughly $80 bucks, a new copy of GTA IV and a 1600 MS Point card later, I'm waiting for the download bar to slowly creep across the screen whilst guiding Commander Shepard through his initial adventure.

What's the point of all of this mumbo jumbo gobbledeygook, you ask? Well, I plan on (key word: plan) writing about my experiences both amongst the stars and the not so stellar inhabitants of Liberty City up to their inevitably awesome conclusions. Wish me luck, and I hope you enjoy the read(s).

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

You re-bought both Mass Effect and GTA IV?  Just out of curiosity, what happened to the originals?  Were they damaged, stolen, borrowed and never returned or did you sell them back to Game Stop? 

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Xandurson

Wow, those are great buys. Mass Effect and GTA4!! Have fun I love both of those and The Lost and Damned!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Nice blog my friend, you should write up some impressions on those new games you purchased, I look forward to your next blog.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

I still gotta pick up the two disk Mass Effect.  I borrowed the game from a friend and played through it, but Mass Effect is just good to have

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By End_Boss

@PenguinDust:
The first time I played through Mass Effect and GTA IV it was on a friend's copy. Yes, for both games. Weirdly.

@Bucketdeth:
Well hey, I took forever to respond to this, but thanks. I enjoyed the writing of these suckers. Hopefully you'll enjoy the read.

@Br3adfan:
Yes. Yes you do. For it is good.