Suggested rts games?

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DCFGS3

I've been feeling the need to go back to some good old rts games, unfortunately there seems to be precious few new good ones, although napolean Total war comes out soon. But I feel I need something more in depth, I've been looking at Men of War, and already have CoH. Any suggestions/ info on Men of War?

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rinkalicous

I'm not massively into RTS' (never even heard of Men of War) but I really really enjoyed Dawn of War 2. If you haven't yet played it, you definitely should consider it. Personally, I liked it because it wasn't too overwhelming like some RTS' can be; you only have to worry about your 4 guys, and the game is more about what tactics you use with them rather than learning troop trees or building an effective base. Might not really supply the 'depth' you're looking for, but it's great fun nonetheless.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

The total war games can be surprisingly deep, a great deal moreso than the Company of Heroes games. They're good... but not too deep.
If you want to get into old Rts's, I would, of course, recommend Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Age of Empires.

A game that isn't talked about too often, but a game that I deeply love, would be Rise of Nations. It mixes Civilization elements with those of Age of Empires and it works really beautifully and its a great game.

New rts's that are good would probably be the Total War games (I'd recommend just sticking with Rome and Medieval) and, surprisingly, the new Red Alert isn't so bad.
Sure, fans of the series find issue with it, and I do too (being a fan of the series). But I think its still a good game.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Supreme Commander 2 comes out in like...2/3 weeks, so does CnC4. Or you could try get yourself into the SC2 beta? Apart from that, not much else i can recommend, you've already mentioined the Total War series. 

You could try Universe At War if you havn't played it, i found it was pretty decent. Dawn of War2 expansion also comes out soon, but that's a very different style to old school RTS games.
Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Castro

I actually haven't played a RTS since Warcraft II. I did play the hell out of Sins of a Solar Empire though. I don't think it is what most people would call a RTS, but it is a strategy game that takes place in real time. Can't recommend it enough.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Red12b

playing AoE II again because someone passed me the link to the Music on Youtube,  

Here is my Blog about it, SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!!!