Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Edited By The_Icon
Dead Space
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead

With awesome games like Dead Space and Left 4 Dead released  and soon to be followed Resident Evil 5. There is no doubt these are good times for survival horror fans! Also if you not into it, any of the games can just change that. I love Dead Space because of it's atmosphere and also cutting limbs is loads of fun! I love Left 4 Dead because of the adrenaline   of surviving with ur buddies with limited ammo.
The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Icon
Dead Space
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead

With awesome games like Dead Space and Left 4 Dead released  and soon to be followed Resident Evil 5. There is no doubt these are good times for survival horror fans! Also if you not into it, any of the games can just change that. I love Dead Space because of it's atmosphere and also cutting limbs is loads of fun! I love Left 4 Dead because of the adrenaline   of surviving with ur buddies with limited ammo.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demilich

Survival horror died long ago. These are Action Horror games.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Icon

Its definitely survival horror, survival horror means u know...surviving.. what can u do  to make u feel that  u need to survive? Throw in limited or no ammo at all. Action is everywhere, without action u cannot survive.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Demilich

Oh, sorry. I thought I was talking to someone with intelligence.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By GioVANNI
Demilich said:
"Oh, sorry. I thought I was talking to someone with intelligence."
Wow, you're a total douche.  :|
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
Demilich said:
"Oh, sorry. I thought I was talking to someone with intelligence."
Yeah, a little harsh, but you're completely right. These games are action horror games...it doesnt mean they arent good games though - which the TC seems to be implying.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Demilich

They're great games indeed.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm looking forward to RE5.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daniel_beck_90

there is no more survival horror  .  I miss that genre , games like  Dead Space are Horror - action games  . Resident evil 5 is merely an action game that totally lacks fear . though RE5 is certainly one of the best 2009 games  .

Pikapichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Pikapichu

So what's it take for a game to be considered survival horror as opposed to action-horror?

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demilich
Pikapichu said:
"So what's it take for a game to be considered survival horror as opposed to action-horror?"
Silent Hill. Bam.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Demilich said:
"Pikapichu said:
"So what's it take for a game to be considered survival horror as opposed to action-horror?"
Silent Hill. Bam."
also Siren
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By get2sammyb
daniel_beck_90 said:
"there is no more survival horror  .  I miss that genre , games like  Dead Space are Horror - action games  . Resident evil 5 is merely an action game that totally lacks fear . though RE5 is certainly one of the best 2009 games  ."
You don't know Resident Evil 5 will totally lack fear. I'm sure it still have it's share of "jump" moments.

Demilch is right though - the mentioned games aren't survival horror. The original Alone In The Dark, Resident Evil's and Silent Hill's are survival horror.
The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Icon

I dont know, in GameSpot, IGN they listed these games as survival horror.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tekmojo
The_Icon said:
"I dont know, in GameSpot, IGN they listed these games as survival horror."
You can't believe everything on the Internet.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daniel_beck_90
The_Icon said:
that is becasue the developers claim to create Horror -survival games while in real  they merely  create Action - Horror games  . as you may or may not know developing Horror-survival games is a herculean task  , since Horror- survival games are not only about an absorbing environment full of dread and uncertainty filled with  mind blowing sound tracks , but also a meaningful story .
 recent Silent hill : Homecoming is so far the only game in this generation that is somehow a horror survival game (though it is far from perfect ) . also another upcoming Horror-survival game is Alan wake . that game as you know has been under development since like forever . it is all becasue of the amount of detail that is necessary for a horror-survival game  .
The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Icon

@ tekomojo- well if i was given to believe in something between IGN and some random dude, its not my fault is it?

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Gameboi
daniel_beck_90 said:
"The_Icon said:
that is becasue the developers claim to create Horror -survival games while in real  they merely  create Action - Horror games  . as you may or may not know developing Horror-survival games is a herculean task  , since Horror- survival games are not only about an absorbing environment full of dread and uncertainty filled with  mind blowing sound tracks , but also a meaningful story .
 recent Silent hill : Homecoming is so far the only game in this generation that is somehow a horror survival game (though it is far from perfect ) . also another upcoming Horror-survival game is Alan wake . that game as you know has been under development since like forever . it is all because of the amount of detail that is necessary for a horror-survival game  ."

Survival horror games are my specialty, but I couldn't have said it better than this.  I would like to point out that even Silent Hill has moved closer to the action horror side of the equation since the early days.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tekmojo
The_Icon said:
"@ tekomojo- well if i was given to believe in something between IGN and some random dude, its not my fault is it?"
Wow, that makes absolutely no sense. Please open an english book before you attempt to form a valid, coherent thought.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Gameboi said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
"The_Icon said:
 recent Silent hill : Homecoming is so far the only game in this generation that is somehow a horror survival game (though it is far from perfect ) . also another upcoming Horror-survival game is Alan wake . that game as you know has been under development since like forever . it is all because of the amount of detail that is necessary for a horror-survival game  ."

Survival horror games are my specialty, but I couldn't have said it better than this.  I would like to point out that even Silent Hill has moved closer to the action horror side of the equation since the early days."
yeah and that is why I believe Silent hill Homecoming is far from perfect