The Biggest Bangs of E3, part 2

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

This is the special categories list of my E3 list. Here I will make up categories for games that I feel deserve a mention but that didnt make the Top 10 for one reason or another.
--------------------------------------------------

Game I wanted to see but that didn´t show.

The Elder Scrolls 5

I really wanted to see something from a next Elder Scrolls title this year but I guess it makes sense that they will keep focusing on Fallout 3 and the other games they are publishing for now. Still, a bummer..

Game I´m really intrigued by. Show me more !

Milo

The whole Natal project seems super Sci-Fi but putting it in the hands of Peter Molyneux AND making him Creative Director of Microsoft Game Studious EU is probably the best thing Microsoft could do. Milo dosen´t seem like much of a game right now but the concept behind it is something I really want to see for real. Its one of those Sci-Fi things thats always been in the back of any hardcore gamers head. And with Lionhead behind the wheel I have alot of trust in it.

Game that will make me way too emotional.

The Last Guardian

I´m not an Ico OR Shadow of the Colossus fan. And frankly I think Colossus was an insanely unpolished and horrid game controlwisel. But Team ICO knows how to create a bond between a boy and an animal. I see the potential for this to be cranked up to the MAX in the last guardian. The creature in this game is crazy cute. And I see the potential for a very beautiful and a very emotional experience.

Game that will blow life into a stagnant genre.

DJ Hero

The live demo I saw of this game was what finally made this game make sense for me. Seeing the guy work his crossfader and turntable like crazy looked really really cool. Seeing DJ Hero at E3 made me totally unwillingly come to the conclusion that this might actually totally reignite the Hero franshise and get it going for another decade. Looked smooth, really fun and it seems to have some kick ass tunes for you to mix. Also, guitar support on some tracks! Looking forward to that Co-Op experience.

Game that will without a doubt be one of the best gaming moments of 09

New Super Mario Bros Wii

A new 2D Mario platformer AND it has 4 player simultanious play. Will probably be everything Little Big Planet wasnt for me last year. Kind of a dream come true for old Nintendo fans.

Game that will probably get me into Metroid again.

Metroid: Other M

Team Ninja Metroid.. I´m letting the words sit in my mouth for a while before I say them and I realize that this is probably exacly what it takes to get me into Metroid once and for all. I´ve always loved the conept of Metroid and Samus but I´ve always had a very hard time completing a single Metroid game. This is the direction I need to finally embrace all that Metroid goodness.

Game that might take me by surprise and be totally radical.

Singularity

Loads of time controlling crazyness in a first person shooter is a concept that really sits right with me. Thats the reson I bought TimeShift when it came out. Singularity might be fulfilled in all of the areas TimeShift failed.

Game that left me yawning...yaaaawn..

PixelJunk Shooter

Looks exceptionally dull.. PixelJunk Eden steered me away from these guys a bit being more of a pretentious art project rather than an actual fun game. Sadly this seems to continue the trend even further. PixelJunk is not for me. Not until the talked about Dungeon Crawl game anyway...

Game that didn´t get enough attention and that still looks COOL.

Dark Void

Game kinda passed us all by during the E3 days. I went back and watched some footage and a live stage demo of it and yea.. for everytime I see this game it looks even more fun than last time. I really want to play Dark Void. The guys behind it seems to really love what they´re doing aswell. I adore that.

Special Mention: Kevin Van Ord of GameSpot.com

For being the best host of the GameSpot Stage Show during these days. Good Job !

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

This is the special categories list of my E3 list. Here I will make up categories for games that I feel deserve a mention but that didnt make the Top 10 for one reason or another.
--------------------------------------------------

Game I wanted to see but that didn´t show.

The Elder Scrolls 5

I really wanted to see something from a next Elder Scrolls title this year but I guess it makes sense that they will keep focusing on Fallout 3 and the other games they are publishing for now. Still, a bummer..

Game I´m really intrigued by. Show me more !

Milo

The whole Natal project seems super Sci-Fi but putting it in the hands of Peter Molyneux AND making him Creative Director of Microsoft Game Studious EU is probably the best thing Microsoft could do. Milo dosen´t seem like much of a game right now but the concept behind it is something I really want to see for real. Its one of those Sci-Fi things thats always been in the back of any hardcore gamers head. And with Lionhead behind the wheel I have alot of trust in it.

Game that will make me way too emotional.

The Last Guardian

I´m not an Ico OR Shadow of the Colossus fan. And frankly I think Colossus was an insanely unpolished and horrid game controlwisel. But Team ICO knows how to create a bond between a boy and an animal. I see the potential for this to be cranked up to the MAX in the last guardian. The creature in this game is crazy cute. And I see the potential for a very beautiful and a very emotional experience.

Game that will blow life into a stagnant genre.

DJ Hero

The live demo I saw of this game was what finally made this game make sense for me. Seeing the guy work his crossfader and turntable like crazy looked really really cool. Seeing DJ Hero at E3 made me totally unwillingly come to the conclusion that this might actually totally reignite the Hero franshise and get it going for another decade. Looked smooth, really fun and it seems to have some kick ass tunes for you to mix. Also, guitar support on some tracks! Looking forward to that Co-Op experience.

Game that will without a doubt be one of the best gaming moments of 09

New Super Mario Bros Wii

A new 2D Mario platformer AND it has 4 player simultanious play. Will probably be everything Little Big Planet wasnt for me last year. Kind of a dream come true for old Nintendo fans.

Game that will probably get me into Metroid again.

Metroid: Other M

Team Ninja Metroid.. I´m letting the words sit in my mouth for a while before I say them and I realize that this is probably exacly what it takes to get me into Metroid once and for all. I´ve always loved the conept of Metroid and Samus but I´ve always had a very hard time completing a single Metroid game. This is the direction I need to finally embrace all that Metroid goodness.

Game that might take me by surprise and be totally radical.

Singularity

Loads of time controlling crazyness in a first person shooter is a concept that really sits right with me. Thats the reson I bought TimeShift when it came out. Singularity might be fulfilled in all of the areas TimeShift failed.

Game that left me yawning...yaaaawn..

PixelJunk Shooter

Looks exceptionally dull.. PixelJunk Eden steered me away from these guys a bit being more of a pretentious art project rather than an actual fun game. Sadly this seems to continue the trend even further. PixelJunk is not for me. Not until the talked about Dungeon Crawl game anyway...

Game that didn´t get enough attention and that still looks COOL.

Dark Void

Game kinda passed us all by during the E3 days. I went back and watched some footage and a live stage demo of it and yea.. for everytime I see this game it looks even more fun than last time. I really want to play Dark Void. The guys behind it seems to really love what they´re doing aswell. I adore that.

Special Mention: Kevin Van Ord of GameSpot.com

For being the best host of the GameSpot Stage Show during these days. Good Job !