The days of Gameshark are long Gone!

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

Man, i haven't seen Gamesharks around for awhile now. You never see them on the xbox 360 or playstation3. i remember when people loved to cheat in video games, Now it seems like you half to earn cheats in some video games. i assume the ps3/xbox360 are immune to the gameshark device somehow. since we cannot use them anymore. its weird, we have had those devices since the game genie. i felt like bringing it up, because no one uses them anymore. 

EDIT: i remember the days of the nintendo 64. Having a gameshark for that console was amazing. And it was a real treat when you had a copy of goldeneye, You could witness a ton of extra items/features unseen if you didn't have that device.
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By rallier

Not quite, hex codes no longer need a physical device to be imputed in games on the modern consoles. It is all software based now a days.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Cerza

Haha I was just about to make a post about this. All the people screaming over the Modern Warfare 2 stuff with how the PC has been Hax0red to death and whatnot with none of that on the consoles immediately made me think of my old and beloved game genie, game shark, and their successors. I remember when everyone used them and they made for some really good times. I loved mine back in the day. Same with my Bleem. Bleem was fun too. Makes me sad those things are a thing of the past, but that's the way it goes.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By emkeighcameron
@Cerza said:
" Haha I was just about to make a post about this. All the people screaming over the Modern Warfare 2 stuff with how the PC has been Hax0red to death and whatnot with none of that on the consoles immediately made me think of my old and beloved game genie, game shark, and their successors. I remember when everyone used them and they made for some really good times. I loved mine back in the day. Same with my Bleem. Bleem was fun too. Makes me sad those things are a thing of the past, but that's the way it goes. "
Oh my God, I remember Bleem! I used it to play all sorts of weird shit on my comp.

Good times.
doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By doe3879

Sad thing is or was....some game company was charging Cheat code as DLC

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

o yes the gameshark days. i actually have a book back in the days that have like just about every code out there. i was actually looking through it the other week.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

I went to Cheat Code Central for my gameshark codes. I just liked messing with the color schemes in Mario 64. You could do some crazy stuff with that thing, man.

Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brockly46

yea i remember typing in the 12 lines of code for some dumb cheat, those were the days

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Heartbreak

big heads cheats yes

dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dutch42
@deusdigit said:
" Man, i haven't seen Gamesharks around for awhile now. You never see them on the xbox 360 or playstation3. i remember when people loved to cheat in video games, Now it seems like you half to earn cheats in some video games. i assume the ps3/xbox360 are immune to the gameshark device somehow. since we cannot use them anymore. its weird, we have had those devices since the game genie. i felt like bringing it up, because no one uses them anymore.  EDIT: i remember the days of the nintendo 64. Having a gameshark for that console was amazing. And it was a real treat when you had a copy of goldeneye, You could witness a ton of extra items/features unseen if you didn't have that device. "
playing multi player on the FULL facility level was possibly the coolest thing ever when I was like 12. that is a fond memory.
deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deusdigit
@dutch42 said:
" @deusdigit said:
" Man, i haven't seen Gamesharks around for awhile now. You never see them on the xbox 360 or playstation3. i remember when people loved to cheat in video games, Now it seems like you half to earn cheats in some video games. i assume the ps3/xbox360 are immune to the gameshark device somehow. since we cannot use them anymore. its weird, we have had those devices since the game genie. i felt like bringing it up, because no one uses them anymore.  EDIT: i remember the days of the nintendo 64. Having a gameshark for that console was amazing. And it was a real treat when you had a copy of goldeneye, You could witness a ton of extra items/features unseen if you didn't have that device. "
playing multi player on the FULL facility level was possibly the coolest thing ever when I was like 12. that is a fond memory. "
Indeed it was, however i didn't know alot of people who cared about goldeneye anymore around that time. I was stuck playing it on my own :P But its strange that the facility level worked so well. Makes you wonder why the developers decided to cut it out, i guess they thought it was TOO big for four players. then again, they have been ruining the facility level in games ever since. PDZ's version of facility is terrible.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@deusdigit said:
" i remember the days of the nintendo 64. Having a gameshark for that console was amazing. And it was a real treat when you had a copy of goldeneye, You could witness a ton of extra items/features unseen if you didn't have that device. "
Man I'm so with you on that one. The good old days of Goldeneye, Perfect Dar, LOZ:OoT and Super Mario 64... Man those were great days. I used to hex the hell out of those games with the Gameshark, which i still have, but have not used it in about 6 years.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By TheHBK

Game Genie bitches

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Godwind

Gameshark for my Gameboy Color kicked ass.

Surfing Pikachu bitch!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By JoelTGM

it was fun, but nowadays with achievements and online play, games are incredibly strict about having you play them exactly as intended.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By imhuntad
@Heartbreak said:
" big heads cheats yes "
Those cheats are always the most fun for me. Everyone else seems to hate em, but those are always funny!
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MKHavoc

I don't miss them.  I just don't have the desire to cheat in games like I used to.  It's much more satisfying finishing a game on your own. 

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deusdigit
@DOUBLESHOCK said:

"it was fun, but nowadays with achievements and online play, games are incredibly strict about having you play them exactly as intended. "

While true, developers still feel the need to put the most useless achievements in games. For example, i was forced to play the tutorial on Guitar hero van halen just to get a trophie. Even tho i don't really care for Tutorials anymore. Thats a pretty lame achievement, then again i guess its for the teenagers or the younger audience.' 
But thats still not something you would want to brag about to your friends, Hey i finished the tutorial! I Rule! You suck!