The Fall Of Giantbomb?

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By hondorondo
@Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
" ? no you sound desperate.... "
lol what are you, twelve?   You've offered no defense for anything other than listing a bunch of games at random -- many of which you should well know they'd have no interest in playing let alone running videos of. Do you honestly expect a quick look of a sports game like NHL 11? Do you even frequent Giant Bomb?  "
no you are twelve...   besides ... quicklooks like 1vs 100 , price is right or this water running jumping slippery falling down game are one of the best.... just imagine an eyepet quicklook Oo "
It always blows my mind when someone attempts to use the "NO U" argument without irony or comic intent. "
why? good use of it or what? i dont understand what you want to say. too serious?
LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#102  Edited By LegalBagel

This is the end of days.  Make your peace with your chosen non-denominational game creator.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
lol what are you, twelve?   You've offered no defense for anything other than listing a bunch of games at random -- many of which you should well know they'd have no interest in playing let alone running videos of. Do you honestly expect a quick look of a sports game like NHL 11? Do you even frequent Giant Bomb?  "
no you are twelve...   besides ... quicklooks like 1vs 100 , price is right or this water running jumping slippery falling down game are one of the best.... just imagine an eyepet quicklook Oo "
It always blows my mind when someone attempts to use the "NO U" argument without irony or comic intent. "
why? good use of it or what? i dont understand what you want to say. too serious? "
Terrible use. 

No one has used the argument since middle school for good reason.  It doesn't carry in an argument.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By Shadow

No Caption Provided

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#105  Edited By Hailinel
@hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
why? good use of it or what? i dont understand what you want to say. too serious? "
It's a ridiculous argument that only paints you with the notion that you know your argument is flawed, and thus you're resorting to meaningless comebacks in a flailing attempt at distracting your opponent in debate.
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By hondorondo
@SethPhotopoulos said:

" @hondorondo said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
Terrible use.  No one has used the argument since middle school for good reason.  It doesn't carry in an argument. "

carry what? its not supposed to carry anything other than itself. besides its stereotypical to say only middle school peeps use this argument. I know a lot grown ups using it!

you must really think you are soooo smart. thats sad
drgrumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By drgrumbles

What ads??  Oh yeah I don't have those.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Hailinel
@hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @hondorondo said:

" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
Terrible use.  No one has used the argument since middle school for good reason.  It doesn't carry in an argument. "
carry what? its not supposed to carry anything other than itself. besides its stereotypical to say only middle school peeps use these argument. I know a lot grown ups using it! "
It's meant to carry nothing but itself, and so it is inherently meaningless and juvenile.  Adults that resort to this tactic generally aren't that good at debate and shouldn't be relied on as good examples of how to argue a point.
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By hondorondo
@Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
It's a ridiculous argument that only paints you with the notion that you know your argument is flawed, and thus you're resorting to meaningless comebacks in a flailing attempt at distracting your opponent in debate. "
dont be ridiculous. its not even an argument that stands for anything.. he said im twelve and i replied the same... its not like im trying to defend any point...
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
carry what? its not supposed to carry anything other than itself. besides its stereotypical to say only middle school peeps use these argument. I know a lot grown ups using it! "
It doesn't add anything useful to the argument because you aren't stating anything of value and make yourself seem immature.  It states that you cannot form your own argument and must steal from others.  The lowest denominator being the person you are arguing against.  Are the adults you're talking about from movies or joking?
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#111  Edited By Symphony
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
It doesn't add anything useful to the argument because you aren't stating anything of value and make yourself seem immature.  It states that you cannot form your own argument and must steal from others.  The lowest denominator being the person you are arguing against.  Are the adults you're talking about from movies or joking? "
Well I can see I won this argument. 

My work here is done.
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By hondorondo
@Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @hondorondo said:

" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
It's meant to carry nothing but itself, and so it is inherently meaningless and juvenile.  Adults that resort to this tactic generally aren't that good at debate and shouldn't be relied on as good examples of how to argue a point. "

good is subjective.... arguments can look like whatever they want to... im right
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By hondorondo
@Symphony said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
It doesn't add anything useful to the argument because you aren't stating anything of value and make yourself seem immature.  It states that you cannot form your own argument and must steal from others.  The lowest denominator being the person you are arguing against.  Are the adults you're talking about from movies or joking? "
Well I can see I won this argument.  My work here is done. "
no i won...
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Hailinel
@hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
It's a ridiculous argument that only paints you with the notion that you know your argument is flawed, and thus you're resorting to meaningless comebacks in a flailing attempt at distracting your opponent in debate. "
dont be ridiculous. its not even an argument that stands for anything.. he said im twelve and i replied the same... its not like im trying to defend any point... "
In all honesty, your ability to craft a coherent, meaningful argument is staggeringly immature and resembles that of a youth unaccustomed to debating with educated adults.
Blearious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Blearious

Anything that keeps Giant Bomb from becoming just another bloated, advertising driven videogame website is OK with me. This subscription model is a good thing.

hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By hondorondo
@Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
dont be ridiculous. its not even an argument that stands for anything.. he said im twelve and i replied the same... its not like im trying to defend any point... "
In all honesty, your ability to craft a coherent, meaningful argument is staggeringly immature and resembles that of a youth unaccustomed to debating with educated adults. "

you are twelve, not an adult. no wonder you dont understand my mature arguments
LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By LegalBagel

I'm not reading the rest of these posts, but I'll say that the person that uses the most unnecessary ellipses is always the loser in any argument.  Don't use ellipses.  Punctuation exists for a reason.  And its not for you to trail off into the next sentence purposelessly.

Avatar image for thedukeofargyll
TheDukeofArgyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#118  Edited By TheDukeofArgyll

Pax then a week to prepare for he big live live show.  I think you overestimate the amount of work five guys can do especially when they had to skip a weekend to work.  Obvious troll is obvious. 

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
In all honesty, your ability to craft a coherent, meaningful argument is staggeringly immature and resembles that of a youth unaccustomed to debating with educated adults. "
you are twelve, not an adult. no wonder you dont understand my mature arguments "
How old are you anyway?
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By Ace829
@Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
Quote pyramid time?
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Hailinel
@hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
you are twelve, not an adult. no wonder you dont understand my mature arguments "
And it's responses like this that prevent anyone from taking you seriously.

As an extra bit of advice for you, the proper use of capitalization, spelling, punctuation and grammar can go a long way.
necrotoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By necrotoxin

Stop feeding the troll. 

Blearious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Blearious
@Deathpooky:  ... :)
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By hondorondo
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
How old are you anyway? "

too personal... you first
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#125  Edited By fjordson
@commandercup said:
" WOW, I'm pretty sure at least 75% of the people who actually watch mailbags love how the entire whiskey offices are starting to get involved instead of just the GB crew... Will and Norm especially are pretty fucking epic. I just had to comment on that. "
Seriously. Love Will and Norm.
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
too personal... you first "
Foggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Foggen

I actually agree about news article authorship.  I come to the site for Jeff/Ryan/Brad/Vinny/etc's voice.  Not super interested in Brad Nicholson.

hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By hondorondo
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
17 "

im better than 17... but that was close. thanks for the argument.
allgrinzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By allgrinzz
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
17 "
It's funny how these quote pyramids slowly fade out the words.. so eventually... you have no idea what you were talking about to begin with.. maybe that's a mechanism to stop quote pyramids.... *gasp* conspiracy!
ziropiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ziropiro

Don't forget to factor in the variation in male maturity rates. Most men reach it at around 20 - with a late end being into the mid 20's. I fall into this later crowd. I recognize this whole heartedly. 

Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#131  Edited By Spiral_Stars
@hondorondo said:
" geek-dating and other terrible ads... (not awesome gaming related appealing ads, as announced)  split-bombcast or at least 5000 subs game around the splitting of the bombcast...   very few behind-the-screen features and quicklooks compared to half a year ago... besides not enough dave and drew quicklooks   no kessler kam   tested and screened annoyance in almost every mailbag and bhs stuff  95% of the articles are written by brad nicholsen or matt bodega :(  recently 8 out of 10 videos are trailers...   im sad and confused... "
Overreaction.
DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#132  Edited By DukesT3

I'd play that game. 

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#133  Edited By Milkman

Yep, you're right. I'm canceling my subscription. It was nice knowing all of you.  

Why is this thread not locked?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@hondorondo:  Your better then 17?  Does that mean older or younger?  Maturity in the metaphorical sense is measure by how you act.  And younger people tend to be more immature so when you say stuff like that it makes you seem immature so people assume your younger.
DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By DukesT3
@jabbertrack said:
" Wait. Reach falls?! "
SPOILERS! GOSH... 
patrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#136  Edited By patrick
No Caption Provided
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#137  Edited By Symphony
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo:  Your better then 17?  Does that mean older or younger?  Maturity in the metaphorical sense is measure by how you act.  And younger people tend to be more immature so when you say stuff like that it makes you seem immature so people assume your younger. "
YOU BROKE THE PYRAMID 

We were trying to create sentient life but now we've failed. FAILED!
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Jadeskye
@AjayRaz said:
" NO "
Ajay Don't you see the Truth?! Giantbomb is finished! look at the ads and all the threads conveying what i am saying! 

in other news, viva pinata is AWESOME.
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By hondorondo
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo:  Your better then 17?  Does that mean older or younger?  Maturity in the metaphorical sense is measure by how you act.  And younger people tend to be more immature so when you say stuff like that it makes you seem immature so people assume your younger. "
define maturity, mr. i know everthing! looking down on people makes you mature? i guess than im happy to be immature!
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By PeasantAbuse

These ads are actually pretty cool.  Currently to the right side of my screen I see an ad for a game called Wedding Dash 4 Ever.  "More wedding than ever!"
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Hailinel
@Symphony said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
YOU BROKE THE PYRAMID  We were trying to create sentient life but now we've failed. FAILED! "
You maniacs, you blew it up!  Damn you!  Damn you all to Hell!
LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By LegalBagel

@Blearious  said:  

@Deathpooky:   I'm not reading the rest of these posts, but I'll say that the person that uses the most unnecessary ellipses is always the loser in any argument.  Don't use ellipses.  Punctuation exists for a reason.  And its not for you to trail off into the next sentence purposelessly. "

... :) "

And now I have to kill you, and everyone else in this thread.  My sincerest apologies.    It's necessary to preserve the human race.  Colon close parens.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@TheDukeofArgyll said:
" Pax then a week to prepare for he big live live show.  I think you overestimate the amount of work five guys can do especially when they had to skip a weekend to work.  Obvious troll is obvious.  "
More like obvious spoiled brat with entitlement issues is obvious future failed adult.
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#145  Edited By Jayzz

Pay money. Get content.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By vitor
@commandercup said:
" WOW, I'm pretty sure at least 75% of the people who actually watch mailbags love how the entire whiskey offices are starting to get involved instead of just the GB crew... Will and Norm especially are pretty fucking epic. I just had to comment on that. "
Will and Norm are great - as is Ted. These guys need more GB love. It's not like they're there all the time anyway - adds some much needed variety.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@allgrinzz said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" @hondorondo said:
17 "
It's funny how these quote pyramids slowly fade out the words.. so eventually... you have no idea what you were talking about to begin with.. maybe that's a mechanism to stop quote pyramids.... *gasp* conspiracy! "
Echoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By DrPockets000

They've been busy with the site updates. 

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By vitor
@dudeglove said:
" This thread gets only one uh  out of five. "
Also, this should totally be GB's new rating system. Only for subscribers. That'd make my $60 feel totally well spent.