sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Insanity on Mass Effect 2 is a form of punishment which one can only inflict upon themselves.

Once the player is in possession of the knowledge of how the game works, how the story progresses, the events which take place; there is no pressure to find out what happens next in a narrative sense. I know what happens next. More punishment.

But fuck, I still can't stop playing it.

I'm playing Machinarium with my girlfriend. The game is charming, which she likes. It's also pretty challenging, which I enjoy. Between us we seem to be making solid progress. There's a steady pace which means there is a somewhat appropriate amount of time allocated to each puzzle. The wonderful hint system also prevents areas from becoming stale. In a world where I am often required to exhaust my trigger finger, the simplistic nature of the game and it's mellow soundtrack are immensely therapeutic.

No Caption Provided
It's been pretty interesting to see the backlash from the supposed revolution that took place on the forums towards the end of last week. The users of giantbomb are perhaps overly passionate about preserving the idolized state in which the staff, and by extension the website, currently operate. Criticism is therefore taken on a highly personal level. The usual response is a knee-jerk fuck-you. People oppose controversy on principle. Their rage is, apparently, blinding. In order to settle some ruffled feathers I'm going to go ahead and clear the air;

To clarify:

I think adding facebook to the site is a smart idea. I'm not going to use it, though. I also think there are other aspects of the site that could use some attention.

That is all.

If you interpreted my blog as anything else then you in fact mis-interpreted. There was no malicious intent behind my wording. I still believe that I was right: The site isn't perfect.

"I think peanut butter is pretty damn great, but that doesn't mean I don't think it could be better."

But whatever. I'm not going to try to help a community that is determined to shoot itself in the foot based entirely on the fact that it only needs one leg to stand.

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone who was patient and supportive. You guys are the only reason i'm still here. <3

Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Insanity on Mass Effect 2 is a form of punishment which one can only inflict upon themselves.

Once the player is in possession of the knowledge of how the game works, how the story progresses, the events which take place; there is no pressure to find out what happens next in a narrative sense. I know what happens next. More punishment.

But fuck, I still can't stop playing it.

I'm playing Machinarium with my girlfriend. The game is charming, which she likes. It's also pretty challenging, which I enjoy. Between us we seem to be making solid progress. There's a steady pace which means there is a somewhat appropriate amount of time allocated to each puzzle. The wonderful hint system also prevents areas from becoming stale. In a world where I am often required to exhaust my trigger finger, the simplistic nature of the game and it's mellow soundtrack are immensely therapeutic.

No Caption Provided
It's been pretty interesting to see the backlash from the supposed revolution that took place on the forums towards the end of last week. The users of giantbomb are perhaps overly passionate about preserving the idolized state in which the staff, and by extension the website, currently operate. Criticism is therefore taken on a highly personal level. The usual response is a knee-jerk fuck-you. People oppose controversy on principle. Their rage is, apparently, blinding. In order to settle some ruffled feathers I'm going to go ahead and clear the air;

To clarify:

I think adding facebook to the site is a smart idea. I'm not going to use it, though. I also think there are other aspects of the site that could use some attention.

That is all.

If you interpreted my blog as anything else then you in fact mis-interpreted. There was no malicious intent behind my wording. I still believe that I was right: The site isn't perfect.

"I think peanut butter is pretty damn great, but that doesn't mean I don't think it could be better."

But whatever. I'm not going to try to help a community that is determined to shoot itself in the foot based entirely on the fact that it only needs one leg to stand.

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone who was patient and supportive. You guys are the only reason i'm still here. <3

Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fripplebubby

ummm................... 

go Machinarium! Also plus on the "Mach Effect" pun. God, I love puns.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai
@Sweep: Dude idk if u noticed but look at Miranda's face in that pic...lol

Great blog :D
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Virago

1. Machinarium is indeed the greatest thing to come out in flash for a long time. I love that game. 

2. Positive criticism and feedback are what keep any website fresh and visited. I'm glad someone's saying something (aka you)

3. GBers do tend to shoot themselves in the foot.... that's what makes us so unique.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By buzz_clik
I still love you, Sweepy.

And yeah, it was weird to see that going on. I mean, anybody who knows me is aware of my aversion to change. Even I know, however, that it's a bit silly to resist change so blindly as to miss an opportunity for self improvement.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

So....Mass Effect 2 is a rape game? I demand an overly elaborate rape analogy! Here's my pre-written reply:

Stop ripping me off! *slaps you*

:P

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Dammit. Every time I see the <3 symbol, I still think it's a penis.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By buzz_clik
@MarkWahlberg said:
" Dammit. Every time I see the <3 symbol, I still think it's a penis. "
Really? I think it's an ice cream cone. No, wait... shoot, which one do you lick again? I'm so confused.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MarkWahlberg
@buzz_clik said:
" @MarkWahlberg said:
Really? I think it's an ice cream cone. No, wait... shoot, which one do you lick again? I'm so confused. "
Well, with either one, eventually you end up licking the whole thing. It's just a matter of which end you start on.
Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Oni

I love you too!!!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By wefwefasdf
@MarkWahlberg said:
" @buzz_clik said:
" @MarkWahlberg said:
Really? I think it's an ice cream cone. No, wait... shoot, which one do you lick again? I'm so confused. "
Well, with either one, eventually you end up licking the whole thing. It's just a matter of which end you start on. "
Mental picture!!! AUGH!!!!

Anyways, I will continue to be reading your blogs, Sweep. I really enjoy them. :)
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

Fuck you ranks high within my shit poll. I'm the shit, and that's a good thing.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rowr
@Virago said:
" 1. Machinarium is indeed the greatest thing to come out in flash for a long time. I love that game.   2. Positive criticism and feedback are what keep any website fresh and visited. I'm glad someone's saying something (aka you)  3. GBers do tend to shoot themselves in the foot.... that's what makes us so unique. "
i was going to comment, but this is essentially what i would of said.

<3
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By gearhead

So are you playing it on Insanity because I gave up after I get near the end of Mordin's first mission :P

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Red12b

S'all good my man, s'all good :) 

I need to get me some Machinarium (I hope I spelled that correctly) 

And yeah, the Backlash was way too overboard, I definitely don't want to start anything up, But, recommending things, and stating your opinion on something, did not deserve 300+ replies and that amount of hate,   

But GB has it's cycles of over the top reaction-ism, three things come to mind,  

Leigh Alexander (Poor woman did not deserve that, at all) 

Endogène  (The post was flawed sure, but at least try to look past it and read what he is fucking saying.) 

Model thread's (There is a rumour that Snide was the culprit behind this, I don't have any clue, all I know is that people went apeshit and Biff had many, many Innuendo jokes that was a riot.)  

Also, that Giant Bomb Mod Idol went nuts as well. 

God, we are a very subtle bunch aren't we?  

But, it shows that we all love the Bomb if we express ourselves so Vehemently
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Claude said:
" Fuck you ranks high within my shit poll. I'm the shit, and that's a good thing. "
You are the shit. It will always be a good thing.