THE New XBOX Boss (Ex-CEO of Nokia)

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

This comes after the Nokia Smartphone Division acquisition.

For over two years, Nokia has produced a series of flagship Windows Phone devices, including the recent Lumia 1020 and Lumia 928. Nokia CEO Stephen Elopwill join Microsoft and lead an "expanded devices team." Julie Larson-Green -- Microsoft's current overseer for Devices and Studio Engineering, which encompasses all hardware, including Xbox -- will continue to lead the division until the acquisition is completed, after which she will join Elop's new team. Elop will lead the new division, including Xbox, at that time.

Elop was also rumored to be a candidate for the New Microsoft CEO position.

He was EX Microsoft as the head of the Business Division, Microsoft Office/Microsoft Dynamics

Kotatsu???

No Caption Provided

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Xboss, please.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm, very interesting. Seems like something of a strange move.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Haha! Fuck yea! I like his business.

And hey man.. That's not Kotatsu.. THIS, is a knork!.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Atleast Don is not coming back.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moffattron9000

And now for the real question. How is he at press conferences.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EXTomar

If people need a refresh on who Elop is:

- CEO of Boston Market for a couple of months. Just long enough to setup getting bought out by McDonald's...for its property value.

- CEO of Macromedia for a few months. Just long enough to get bought out by Adobe.

- Kicked around Juniper for a year then resigned to work at Microsoft.

- Kicked around Microsoft for 2 years then resigned to head Nokia for 3 years~ which is just long enough to get bought out by Microsoft.

This guy either has the worst timing or is terrible where except Juniper he seems to show up at struggling companies and hangs around just long enough to be bought out. I'm unclear which part of his career shows he is ready to lead anything into hostile markets let alone Microsoft.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chiablo

@extomar said:

- CEO of Boston Market for a couple of months. Just long enough to setup getting bought out by McDonald's...for its property value.

- CEO of Macromedia for a few months. Just long enough to get bought out by Adobe.

- Kicked around Microsoft for 2 years then resigned to head Nokia for 3 years~ which is just long enough to get bought out by Microsoft.

This guy either has the worst timing or is terrible where except Juniper he seems to show up at struggling companies and hangs around just long enough to be bought out. I'm unclear which part of his career shows he is ready to lead anything into hostile markets let alone Microsoft.

So he'll be around the XBox division just long enough for it to get bought out by Sony.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@chiablo said:

@extomar said:

So he'll be around the XBox division just long enough for it to get bought out by Sony.

From the looks of things, he might even had a hand with the Nokia acquisition in the first place since he also was the one who helped with the Windows Phone deal 3 years ago, which led to Nokia scrapping their internally developed mobile OS in favor of Windows Phone. At the very least, he didn't go to companies that ended up getting shuttered completely so we'll see how this goes.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In before Steven Flop.

Too early to judge the choice, so I just see and wait.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@verendus said:

In before Steven Flop.

...No one was going to make that joke.

And what the fuck is "kotatsu" supposed to mean?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Hmm it's not to late to name XB1 the Xbox 720 or 1020...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EXTomar

THE?!

@chiablo said:

@extomar said:

I was thinking more Amazon or Apple depending on how salty and insulting one wants to be. :)

Another fun side note: Evidently Elop never sold his house in Redmond when he left 3 years ago. I guess he was planning to come back!

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Akyho
@extomar said:

I was just going to talk about track records. Nokia is the same company that almost went bankrupt since two things the knock offs of their phones were being better made than themselves with more features and they laughed at the idea of a "Smartphone" and never did one till it was too late.

Seems the deal with microsoft saved them.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@verendus said:

In before Steven Flop.

...No one was going to make that joke.

And what the fuck is "kotatsu" supposed to mean?

A joking corruption of Kotaku (and also a really sweet style of table common in Japan).

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@hailinel: Alright. That's what I found when I googled it, and I was quite confused, ha.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PimblyCharles

Hmm it's not to late to name XB1 the Xbox 720 or 1020...

I like your Lumia numbering conventions

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE!

bigjeffrey and HIS big words!