Think we'll see another endurance run in 2010?

Peter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Peter

Has anyone heard anything about whats happening with whatever the next endurance run is?

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I sure as hell hope so.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Nasar7

Eventually.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DanielJW

Probable.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By alsnuts2

I would love to see one and loved the first one, but man, when I sit and think about it, what other game could they play?  Unless they go with another Persona game im just stumped as to what would be as interesting.  Time will tell i suppose.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Capum15
@alsnuts2 said:
" I would love to see one and loved the first one, but man, when I sit and think about it, what other game could they play?  Unless they go with another Persona game im just stumped as to what would be as interesting.  Time will tell i suppose. "
Same. I want one, but not sure as to what game. Persona 4 had that great craziness to it which made it a great ER. 

Maybe Heavy Rain? Though it doesn't seem as crazy or "upbeat"...I have no idea.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Possibly, but there's been conversation among the community about another endurance run before and I think the general consensus is that nothing can ever really be the same as the Persona 4 endurance run.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By trophyhunter

I fucking hope so this site needs another endurance run its been starved for content ever since 

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SammydesinasNL

One a year would be good perhaps?
slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slyspider

damn it i want one now!

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StaticFalconar
@Gamer_152 said:
"

Possibly, but there's been conversation among the community about another endurance run before and I think the general consensus is that nothing can ever really be the same as the Persona 4 endurance run.

"
I agree that nothing will ever quite be like the first one, but that doesn't mean we aren't opposed to another one. The endurance jog with matrix online was well received even though it was different. A game like Heavy Rain they might play anyway for review, but I'm thinking Dragon Age origins, since its nice and long with many character development points that they can get a laugh making fun off. If they keep the mentality of one save only and living with the consequences, I would be sold.
NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NinjaHunter

If the quick look was any indication, Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit would be good plus that game gets pretty crazy. The only problem would be is it's not as long as I think an endurance run game should be. It's about average length if I remember correctly.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheKidNixon

I think you can safely bet that the ER will be back, in one form or another. The big heads over at Whiskey wrote up a glowing blog about it one time, how it was a huge traffic generator and also provided relatively easy daily content. I suspect that sometime in the early Spring when the game well starts to dry up that something will occur; it probably would have been earlier, but Second Christmas is going to be pretty brutal this year so it might be a bit more delayed.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By penguindust

If you read some of the posts over at Whiskey Media, they've noticed that the Endurance Runs increase web traffic. Source

From a programming perspective, we’ve also been blown away by the desire of our audience to watch episodic content online. For example, we are doing an “Endurance Run” where Jeff and Vinny are playing this PS2 game called Persona 4, which has something like 72 hours of game play in it. So every day, we push 20 minutes of video game play with voice over commentary “Mystery Science 3000″-style. It has turned into one of our most popular, and interactive content features on the site. [March 26, 2009]

With that in mind, I'm sure there will be another sometime next year.  They just need to find the right game.  Something with a good story but also something they can joke about.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By dbz1995

The question isn't when, it is what.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By L33tfella_H
@NinjaHunter said:
"  If the quick look was any indication, Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit would be good plus that game gets pretty crazy. The only problem would be is it's not as long as I think an endurance run game should be. It's about average length if I remember correctly. "
it was about 10 hours long for me, if memory serves. Now if they stick to 30 minutes an episode, you'd think 20 episodes isn't that much, but who's saying that after that ER, they have to take a year's break or something, they might find something else a month or 2 later to check out.

i dunno, people seem to get the idea that if they will ER something, it HAS to be atleast 40 hours long, which doesn't have to be the case if ER turns into a regular thing, y'know what i mean?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

No, they should never do this again. Otherwise people will never stop crying "Endurance Run" for every random game out there.