Thinking about buying a new TV for gaming

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First off, I'm on a budget, and I have it narrowed down to 2 TVs. The first is the LG 32LN530b. There is a lot of information out there on this TV, and I was going to buy it, but then I saw this TV (Philips 32PFL4909) at Target (I have a gift card for $100, so I'd really like to buy it from here what with my limited funds). The LG is a rather widely recommended TV, but at the price point I was looking at, sub-$300, the Philips has a couple features I really want that the LG doesn't have for nearly the same price.

My question to everyone is, do any of you have the Philips 32PFL4909 and use it for gaming? It is relatively new having just come out this year around March, and I can't find hardly any information, in terms of reviews, on it aside from the spec sheets. The major things I want to know is what the input lag is like and how bad the motion blur is. I can deal with a fair amount of motion blur, especially since it's expected from most TVs at this price, but there are some TVs with ridiculously high input lag out there, and it's a deal breaker if it's too high.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but please, only respond if you have the Philips or, to a lesser extent, the LG. If you have the LG and you find it just amazing or terrible, by all means, let me know. I can read the spec sheets myself, so please don't quote them thinking that is going to sway my decision. I have already read them extensively. One, last thing, please don't recommend other TVs. I'm not looking so much for recommendations as first hand knowledge of the functionality and usage of the TVs I've listed.