#1 Posted by Theresonlyone (190 posts) -

I built a high end gaming PC back in January and it occurred to me that I haven't even looked at my 360 in since playing ME2 on it in April 2011.

I've got the PC for most games and a PS3 for the occasional JRPG and other games.

I've also looked through my game library and only Castle Crashers and my DA1 save are the only important things, both of which I can get on PC. I also looked through the upcoming release list and found nothing I liked that was exclusive to 360.

So what do you guys think? Is it worth it?

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (3570 posts) -

Do it

#3 Posted by Zacagawea (1596 posts) -

Sure. Just be aware that there isn't much on the 3DS either.

#4 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4796 posts) -

The XL's gross, get the regular 3DS.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

Go for it if you really want to. There are some solid games on the system and games will keep coming.

#6 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1250 posts) -

I wouldn't but that's just me. I don't have a PC so I use my 360 all the time.

#7 Posted by NegativeCero (3005 posts) -

Sure, why not. Most of what will come out you will have access to.

#8 Posted by Superkenon (1439 posts) -

With a PC and a PS3 at hand, there's not much your 360 will exclusively do for you. Ditch that sucker!

3DS is looking pretty good already, with more on the horizon. Me, I just go where Fire Emblem goes.

#9 Posted by jaycrockett (461 posts) -

Selling something you don't use for something you probably will. Makes sense. But can you really get $180 for a used 360?

#10 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@Theresonlyone: Go for it. Some early recommendations I have are: Super Mario 3D Land, Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Mario Kart 7, Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, and Ocarina of Time 3D.

#11 Posted by ConfusedOwl (944 posts) -

I'd say go for it if you really want a 3DS. I'm actually selling my 360 as well, except for a ps3 because I already have a 3DS.

#12 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

#13 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

I'd say get the regular 3DS.

#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

360 never had anything going for it, so have at it! Though to be fair the 3DS doesn't have much better but it at least has games you can't get on your PC.

#15 Edited by believer258 (11949 posts) -

Make sure that you don't have any interest at all in Halo 4 or Gears of War Judgement first. Also remember that that 3DS doesn't have much for it right now beyond Mario Bros., Mario Kart, and a Zelda remake.

EDIT: Nevermind, you said you don't have any interest in any 360 exclusives. In that case, go for it. No questions asked.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6977 posts) -

I wouldn't, Because there isn't anything out on the 3ds that I want. Having said that...

If I wanted a 3ds I probably would just wait a month and buy it, when I got my pay check. So I could have both. I have never really had to, sell my stuff for money. Also I already have a 3ds, so I know first hand that there is nothing for it.

So who am I to deny you the first hand experience of discovering for your self the limited potential of the 3ds.

#17 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

No. Put that money into your PC, or save it man.

#18 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

@jaycrockett: Gamestop wanted to give me $10 for my black 120gb xbox, granted it wasn't a slim, but still...ten dollars!

#19 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

For gaming that is different or unique, with franchises you can't get elsewhere, it makes sense. Your tastes dictate everything. Plus, it is probably better to get rid of the 360 now if you don't want it as as soon as its replacement is announced, there will be no value in the console.

#20 Posted by Vinny_Says (5713 posts) -

As long as you know where to get good nintendo DS games, because you won't find anything in the 3DS catalogue :(

#21 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

You've got a PS3 and a PC, so you really don't need a 360 anyway, especially since you don't care about first party titles.

Go for it, is what I'm saying.

#22 Posted by Aaron_G (1615 posts) -

I say do it. There are a few good first party 3DS games out there that you can enjoy. Super Mario 3D Land, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox.

#23 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

If I were you I'd just wait and save up until you have enough to just buy the 3DS.

#24 Posted by AndrewB (7637 posts) -

There's not a whole lot, but what have you got to lose? The PC suffices while the 360 wanes on its last days.

#25 Posted by deskp (448 posts) -

Get a vita instead.

#26 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (681 posts) -

I love my 3DS so i say do it. I have that and a gaming PC and I'm good.

#27 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

If this isn't some low key trolling then absolutely do it.  The 360 is the worst console I've owned.  I'm doing a run where I'm playing Paper Mario and Mario Tennis on the N64, Gamecube then Wii (Windwaker on the side)  and every time I have to go back to the 360 it's like visiting a diseased uncle who wants a kiss - think that bloke from Amy.  I played the Expendables 2 demo last night because my friend wanted to get it.  It was like uncle added a bit of tongue.

#28 Posted by rolanthas (245 posts) -

If you never had a DS, you'll soon find yourself in a backlog heaven man=)

#29 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Sure plenty of good 3DS games nowadays.