Thoughts on Giantbomb's reaction to the twitter blowout?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delt31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By delt31

I don't want to get into what happened, etc but I'm referring to the lashout of people on twitter regarding GBs recent hirings saying it wasn't diverse. Response? Seems like the guys are now putting females on recent videos (Patrick's recent BITM with Danielle) and now the bombcast which has Samantha (EDIT) on there. Don't even try to tell me it has nothing to do with what happened as it obviously does.

My opinion? Not necessary to do this b/c GB did nothing wrong. People need to understand talent wins, not gender, etc when it comes to being hired at GB. I'm all for having whoever on (female, male, dog, etc) as long as it's relative but this significant increase and who appears to be a direct response.

On a side note, really love the Vinny Alex videos and having their own thing. Love how the site keeps on expanding. Just don't change b/c others will always complain.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It was overblown and i blame twitter more than anything. Twitter is such a cause of crazy internet drama and misunderstandings. Seriously, twitter is awful.

The real shame is, this will probably get locked for fear someone MIGHT say something rude or offensive. Just warning you.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By joshwent

@delt31 said:

Don't even try to tell me it has nothing to do with what happened as it obviously does.

It has nothing to do with what happened.

If you "don't want to get into" it, you wouldn't have made this thread.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

It was Samantha, not Stephanie on the Bombcast.

And don't apply motive to situations you aren't privy to. You couch these women being on GB as something new, yet the AM show has had several guests (male and female) and GB has had dozens of women guest on various shows, especially live shows.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Her name is Samantha not Stephanie...

Also i give it about five minuets before this gets locked.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@delt31 said:

and now the bombcast which has Stephanie on there.

I believe you meant Samantha.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

When we lock the comments on a story, or lock a thread on the forums, then yes, we do lock any other comment threads about the same thing. We've seen it a million times where we lock a discussion thread that has gone off the rails; another one is opened up with the best of attentions, and the same people (or a bunch of new people who have been riled up) who forced the other one off topic come along and do the same thing again. We're being more proactive about it now because it has become a very consistent issue.

You can feel free to criticize content all you like, but after a thread has been locked it's best to bring it up with the editors directly.

Also, I feel like I said this half a dozen times last night: if you have an issue with locking, take it up with the moderation staff. Our forum rules are very clear on this:

Posting negative threads or comments about moderators or staff members: If you have a problem with a mod decision, send the mods a PM asking for more information.

I'm very close to flipping a table over here. We'll moderate these boards as we feel is best. If you have issues, send a PM; don't start a bunch of threads about the same topic over and over.

- Matthew Rorie - Professional Puppy Petter and Community Manager