#1  Edited By OGJackWagon69
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

I looked it up as well but didn't see any posts by him when I skimmed over it. Any direct links to threads that he commented in? Is his username just Tim Allen?

I did see this though...

"Hello, looking for people to help me start a Tim Allen based religion.

What I choose to believe is that the earth was created for one sole purpose, so that Tim Allen would be born so that in the year 2048 he would save the universe from certain destruction by acting in Galaxy Quest 2.

I was wondering if anyone else can share that same faith? PM me."

Have to imagine most people are just joking on there.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Tim Allen's forum posts vs. Jaden Smith's tweets.

"The creator does not have eyes, nose, ears, mouth or hands. The creator cannot see, smell, hear, taste or touch. These five senses are the five slits we peer out from to define a reality we can digest. The senses are for sure limitations pressed upon us. What then we use to describe the way our source is or is not? We, by nature need a frame of reference to define. And for a concept so large as this, nothing serves. So by what translation is it I sense it, feel it and want to be near it? More to the point, why am I not equipped to naturally connect with it? Let’s do this if we can by moving past ‘original sin” as the culprit."

He might be onto something...

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

I looked it up as well but didn't see any posts by him when I skimmed over it. Any direct links to threads that he commented in? Is his username just Tim Allen?

I did see this though...

"Hello, looking for people to help me start a Tim Allen based religion.

What I choose to believe is that the earth was created for one sole purpose, so that Tim Allen would be born so that in the year 2048 he would save the universe from certain destruction by acting in Galaxy Quest 2.

I was wondering if anyone else can share that same faith? PM me."

Have to imagine most people are just joking on there.

I found the index of his posts here http://www.ideaexchange.timallen.com/search.php?search_id=82756224&start=0

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Turambar

Tim Allen's forum posts vs. Jaden Smith's tweets.

"The creator does not have eyes, nose, ears, mouth or hands. The creator cannot see, smell, hear, taste or touch. These five senses are the five slits we peer out from to define a reality we can digest. The senses are for sure limitations pressed upon us. What then we use to describe the way our source is or is not? We, by nature need a frame of reference to define. And for a concept so large as this, nothing serves. So by what translation is it I sense it, feel it and want to be near it? More to the point, why am I not equipped to naturally connect with it? Let’s do this if we can by moving past ‘original sin” as the culprit."

He might be onto something...

It reads incredibly pretentiously, but the main point seems like something pretty core to religious thought: how do you achieve a relationship with a divine figure with senses that are, by their mundane nature, incapable of supporting that. It's a pretty common topic of Sunday church sermons.

boron_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How awesome would it be if there was a new podcast/section of the bombcast devoted to Tim Allen forum discussion! I had a look through the links before and it seems like their is a gold mine of awesomeness

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The UPF segment that this came up in was awesome.