Top 10 Most Wanted 2010 (That we know about)

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Edited By wh1terav3n

Top 10 Most Wanted 2010

You'll notice a distinct lack of some games. No God of War 3. No COD 7. That's because this is MY list, not yours. Plus, Treyarch  sucks. Yeah, I said it. Feel free to comment on your own anticipated though.

1. Mass Effect 2

Quite possibly my most anticipated game of all time. I want this game. Now. It's a disappointment to me if it becomes my #2 game of all time, behind KOTOR. Luckily its not too far away.

2. Halo: Reach

For the last time, it's not another ODST. I personally enjoyed ODST, but can understand how some did not. That game was made by a small team, in the Halo 3 engine, over 1 year. Halo: Reach has a new engine, by a large team, over 3 years. Totally different thing. Plus if the leaks are right, they're really changing up the gameplay. I'll know more when the beta releases this spring.

3. Golden Sun DS

I love Golden Sun. Quite possibly my favorite game story. I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

I have a confession to make. I have never finished a splinter cell game. In fact, I have never played 3 of the 4, and I didn't make it past the second level (edit) of the 1st one (/edit). What I've seen of this game excites me though. It looks to be faster paced and could be one of the best games of the year.

5. Final Fantasy XIII

Another confession. I have never played a final fantasy game for more than 15 minutes. And that was FF IV DS. However, I have been greatly enjoying Lost Odyssey, so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at another JRPG.

6. Fable III

Fable I was a disappointment, so I'm not too sad I never played it. Fable II was fun, but not engrossing. It pulled you out of the world to interact with it with gestures. I'm looking forward to the touch mechanic and being a king. Very interesting concept.

7. Heavy Rain

An evolution of the adventure genre? Or something more? A movie-game? I don't know, and that's why this is so intriguing. It's an unknown quantity.

8. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I want this to be a COD killer pretty bad, if only to show up Kotick (I have nothing against IW). I love 1943, and this looks pretty good.

9. MAG

This is intriguing. If it works. I can see a 9 year old being my commander because he's played more than I have. I'm a strategist but I don't have the time to rank up into the leader roles. A sucky commander could ruin this game. However, it does have potential, so its #9.

10. Crackdown 2

Crackdown 1 was fantastic, the majority of the team is making 2. Good enough for me. More than 2 player co-op? Yes, please. Competitive multiplayer? Yes, please.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By wh1terav3n

Top 10 Most Wanted 2010

You'll notice a distinct lack of some games. No God of War 3. No COD 7. That's because this is MY list, not yours. Plus, Treyarch  sucks. Yeah, I said it. Feel free to comment on your own anticipated though.

1. Mass Effect 2

Quite possibly my most anticipated game of all time. I want this game. Now. It's a disappointment to me if it becomes my #2 game of all time, behind KOTOR. Luckily its not too far away.

For the last time, it's not another ODST. I personally enjoyed ODST, but can understand how some did not. That game was made by a small team, in the Halo 3 engine, over 1 year. Halo: Reach has a new engine, by a large team, over 3 years. Totally different thing. Plus if the leaks are right, they're really changing up the gameplay. I'll know more when the beta releases this spring.

3. Golden Sun DS

I love Golden Sun. Quite possibly my favorite game story. I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

I have a confession to make. I have never finished a splinter cell game. In fact, I have never played 3 of the 4, and I didn't make it past the second level (edit) of the 1st one (/edit). What I've seen of this game excites me though. It looks to be faster paced and could be one of the best games of the year.

5. Final Fantasy XIII

Another confession. I have never played a final fantasy game for more than 15 minutes. And that was FF IV DS. However, I have been greatly enjoying Lost Odyssey, so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at another JRPG.

6. Fable III

Fable I was a disappointment, so I'm not too sad I never played it. Fable II was fun, but not engrossing. It pulled you out of the world to interact with it with gestures. I'm looking forward to the touch mechanic and being a king. Very interesting concept.

7. Heavy Rain

An evolution of the adventure genre? Or something more? A movie-game? I don't know, and that's why this is so intriguing. It's an unknown quantity.

8. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I want this to be a COD killer pretty bad, if only to show up Kotick (I have nothing against IW). I love 1943, and this looks pretty good.

9. MAG

This is intriguing. If it works. I can see a 9 year old being my commander because he's played more than I have. I'm a strategist but I don't have the time to rank up into the leader roles. A sucky commander could ruin this game. However, it does have potential, so its #9.

10. Crackdown 2

Crackdown 1 was fantastic, the majority of the team is making 2. Good enough for me. More than 2 player co-op? Yes, please. Competitive multiplayer? Yes, please.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Fable I was a disappointment? I thought it was liked all around. Fable II was the disappointment.

But other than that and Golden Sun DS and 100% agree with this list. Especially the fact that Mass Effect 2 is #1 :P

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AgentofChaos
@Br3adfan: Dude that list is win.
wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wh1terav3n
@Suicidal_SNiper: Really? I saw pretty decent reviews for 1, but most of the hearsay I got was disheartening, that the game never lived up to the hype Peter gave it. But that's not personal experience, since I haven't played it.
wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wh1terav3n
@Br3adfan: The only one I really disagree with is Alpha Protocol. I was excited for it, I was hoping it would hold me over to Mass Effect 2. Then 2 days after it's supposed to be released its delayed until sometime the next year, and it's not even the spring. I know Obsidian can do pretty good work, but man, that disheartened me. I hope they take the time to fix whatever they thought sucked so hard that they delayed it for so long, but it sounds like they're having to make some major modifications.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hot_Karl

Duder, I totally forgot that the Golden Sun game was announced last year. Literally one of the only good things to come out of that Nintendo E3 conference. 

Fuck, yes! I cannot wait for it.

Also, I'm finally starting to come around to Bioshock 2, but I'm still going to approach with caution.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan
@wh1terav3n said:
" @Br3adfan: The only one I really disagree with is Alpha Protocol. I was excited for it, I was hoping it would hold me over to Mass Effect 2. Then 2 days after it's supposed to be released its delayed until sometime the next year, and it's not even the spring. I know Obsidian can do pretty good work, but man, that disheartened me. I hope they take the time to fix whatever they thought sucked so hard that they delayed it for so long, but it sounds like they're having to make some major modifications. "
I was disappointed as well, but if the game in better as a result then I have no problem at all with it coming out later than expected.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@Br3adfan:@wh1terav3n: Both of those lists are solid. I am personally only really pumped for ME2 at the moment, but that's probably because A: It's coming out this month and B: I still have stuff from last year I need to finish. I'm sure later in the year I will find something else to get excited about.

As for Alpha Protocol... I don't know... Obsidian doesn't have the best track record, and while Mass Effect (but with spies) sounds compelling the fact that they delayed the game silently a few weeks before it came out doesn't bode well...
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ

Best of 2010

An experiment

1. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

As a remake of my first ever "favorite" game, I have high hopes for this remake. Over-under on the time I'll spend playing it when it comes out? 40 hours. straight.

2. APB

I am more than willing to go buy a better computer just to play this game. From everything I have seen, All Points Bulletin will make a run for my GOTY

3. Metroid: Other M

As a big fan of the Metroid series, I cannot wait to see this 2.5D Team Ninja incarnation.

4. Golden Sun DS

Finally a new Golden Sun. I worry that it won't live up to my hopes for the game (only three party members?) but I expect Camelot to prove that my fears are unfounded.

5. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Disclaimer: I don't really enjoy the Splinter Cell series. the gameplay has never really sucked me in. After watching the E3 demo however, I am very excited for the things that have been brought to the game. The fast pace and the detail at which Ubisoft has gone with the stealth and action mechanics make me very excited to see how this game turns out.

6. Infinite Space

The first Platinum Games creation on this list, Infinite Space is a space opera RPG that I've had my eye on for what seems like years now. the amount of control a player has in this game is mind blowing.

7. Heavy Rain

Now I don't have a PS3, and I likely won't have one this year, but I have complete faith that this game will live up to the expectations I have for it.

8. Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 2 is certainly going to turn some heads when it comes out early next year, and I can't wait to see how my choices in the original affect things in this game. I am very worried about the reloading (rather than cooldown) mechanic however.

9. Tales of Graces

It's a new Tales. Nuff said.

10. Bayonetta

The second game on this list from Platinum Games, Bayonetta has been getting a lot of attention lately, and it's not because she goes through the game without clothing. Consistantly high review scores from all sorts of publications have brought it to the attention of many people. It just proves that Platinum Games is a master of their craft, being able to make masterpieces in so many different genres.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ

Best of 2010

An experiment

1. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

As a remake of my first ever "favorite" game, I have high hopes for this remake. Over-under on the time I'll spend playing it when it comes out? 40 hours. straight.

2. APB

I am more than willing to go buy a better computer just to play this game. From everything I have seen, All Points Bulletin will make a run for my GOTY

3. Metroid: Other M

As a big fan of the Metroid series, I cannot wait to see this 2.5D Team Ninja incarnation.

4. Golden Sun DS

Finally a new Golden Sun. I worry that it won't live up to my hopes for the game (only three party members?) but I expect Camelot to prove that my fears are unfounded.

5. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Disclaimer: I don't really enjoy the Splinter Cell series. the gameplay has never really sucked me in. After watching the E3 demo however, I am very excited for the things that have been brought to the game. The fast pace and the detail at which Ubisoft has gone with the stealth and action mechanics make me very excited to see how this game turns out.

6. Infinite Space

The first Platinum Games creation on this list, Infinite Space is a space opera RPG that I've had my eye on for what seems like years now. the amount of control a player has in this game is mind blowing.

7. Heavy Rain

Now I don't have a PS3, and I likely won't have one this year, but I have complete faith that this game will live up to the expectations I have for it.

8. Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 2 is certainly going to turn some heads when it comes out early next year, and I can't wait to see how my choices in the original affect things in this game. I am very worried about the reloading (rather than cooldown) mechanic however.

9. Tales of Graces

It's a new Tales. Nuff said.

10. Bayonetta

The second game on this list from Platinum Games, Bayonetta has been getting a lot of attention lately, and it's not because she goes through the game without clothing. Consistantly high review scores from all sorts of publications have brought it to the attention of many people. It just proves that Platinum Games is a master of their craft, being able to make masterpieces in so many different genres.

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By moelarrycurly

No love for Super Mario Galaxy 2?

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

how do i make one of these fancy list things?

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wh1terav3n
@moelarrycurly: Nope, sorry. Haven't really cared for a mario game since Super Mario 64. Galaxy was pretty good (what I played of it), but Mario wore out its welcome on me years ago. 

@CoheedFavorHouse: In your profile go to more -> lists.
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By RobotHamster

My list so far that I came up with in two minutes:  

1) The Last Guardian 
2) Splinter Cell: Conviction 
3) God of War 3 
4) Dead Space 2
5) Pokemon Soul Silver 
6) Heavy Rain 
7) Mass Effect 2 
8) Battlefield Bad Company 2 
9) Final Fantasy xiii 
10) Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep 

And as a runner up is Half LIfe 2: Episode 3 but it hasn't been officially announced yet, and we all know it's coming out this year, right?

CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

okay, i got it. thanks for the help

Expected Games of 2010

1. Mass Effect 2

Okay, so maybe I just got around to playing the first one this summer...and I'm not too psyched about the addition of a reload system...but still, Bioware has never failed me.

Okay, I'm a fanboy. Sue me

3. Final Fantasy XIII

It's about time Sony lost their exclusive....I've been waiting since FFX, which happened to coincide with me abandoning my last Sony console...

4. Crackdown 2

Crackdown was my first real 360 game after Burnout Paradise, and I played that for enough hours to be excited for this one.

5. BioShock 2

This time, I'll actually have people exploring Rapture with me at the same time...hell yeah

6. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

It's a DICE shooter. I mean, come on.

7. Dead Space 2

I never finished the first one...it got a bit repetitive for me...but maybe they fixed it!

8. Dead Rising 2

Zombehs. Lots of Zombehs.

9. Gears of War 2

And by Gears 2, I mean Gears 3, it just won't let me suggest it. Everyone knows its coming, so lets do this

10. God of War III

And the only thing coming in 2010 that will probably enhance my PS3 collection...

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Steve_C

The more I think about it, the more i need Project Needlemouse. Dying to see how that turns out. It doesn't knock the The Last Guardian off of its rightful place though.

CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
@AgentJ: 

assuming golden sun is the game i'm vaguely remembering from my youth, that totally might be worth pulling out my DS for
crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crystalskull2

I can't see Mafia 2 in any of the lists.Isn't it supposed to come out this year?

dyslekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By dyslekt
  1. GT5
  2. Heavy Rain
  3. The Last Guardian    
  4. Battlefield Bad Company 2
  5. Skate 3
  6. FIFA11
  7. Next from Pixel Junk
  8. Next from ThatGameCompany 
  9. ModNation Racers
  10. Dead Space 2
XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By XxBarretxX

DEAD SPACE 2 IS NOT CONFIRMED FOR 2010!
1. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
2. White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
3. The Last Guardian (PS3) 
4. God of War 3 (PS3)
5. Heavy Rain (PS3)
6. Mass Effect 2 (X360) 
7. Super Street fighter IV (PS3)  
8 Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
9. Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) 
10. Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) 

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By armaan8014
@wh1terav3n said:

Same here. I've just played the first one, didn't make it past the second or third level, and never played it after that. but I had enjoyed it while i'd played it, and conviction looks pretty cool.
wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wh1terav3n
@armaan8014: Yeah conviction looks like its faster paced, which was my main sticking point with the first one i think